PDA

View Full Version : Midwest autocross get-together!

IndianaTravis
04-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, guys. We need to organize a ti get-together at an autocross. I have checked shedules and event sites, and have a couple of suggestions.

1st, the Kentucky region SCCA has a two day event (first day is a test-n-tune) scheduled for May 20 and 21 at the UPS location in Louisville.

2nd, also in the Kentucky region, is an event on June 11 at Fort Knox. I am picking KY region for a couple reasons, one is that they have really nice sites, and two, we can pull people from Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, possibly even Illinois and tennessee.

I'm cross posting this in a couple regional forums as well as the autocross forum. Try to reply in the autocross forum for planning purposes. I think organizing some sort of barbecue would be pretty fun as well. I may even have a location down that way we can use - I'll have to check on that.

DustenT
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Hmm, Kentucky might be too far for me. If you decide to hike it up North a bit I can probably make it.

IndianaTravis
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, but for other reasons.

We should see about an event in South Bend at the tire rack later in the year. That would at least be a reasonable drive for you.

DustenT
04-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm going to be in Milwaukee this weekend, but for other reasons.

We should see about an event in South Bend at the tire rack later in the year. That would at least be a reasonable drive for you.

Yes, I'll be able to make it to South Bend, no problem.

SDKmann
04-19-2006, 03:53 PM
That would be sweet. Id go if it was on the right date.

AlaskaBlue
04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
There is a meet May 21 at Grissom AFB if that would be any closer for a majority.

I would definately be good for a ti auto-x get together.

SDKmann
04-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I will most likely have a race or a practice that I cant get out of then. Are there any events in august?

ChItalian1027
04-19-2006, 11:52 PM
There is a meet May 21 at Grissom AFB if that would be any closer for a majority.

I would definately be good for a ti auto-x get together.

how close is that to chicago?

AlaskaBlue
04-20-2006, 01:50 AM
It is close to Peru, Indiana. Probably 3 hours. When I go to chicago it is prety straightforward

S10mafia50
04-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Agreed, Grissom is probably the best event for the midwest. I know May 30th is the first SOLO II autox, and I think there is a later date as well..... IndianaTravis, there is a reason that many major clubs hold thier midwest clubs in Indianapolis.....since it is in the center of the midwest, and about the same distance from minnesota and tennesee. Great idea though. If there is going to be a meet at an autox, it is like $30 for entry, and I will be forced to bring the stock focus out to see where it stands against a stock 318ti.....:)......that is along with prolly codriving alaskablue's car.
Andrew

S10mafia50
05-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Bump, Come on guys, be there the 21st of May, there will be several Focii there to battle you guys(since they have a large meet fairly close to peru) From what I hear, Peru's Grissom AFB has one of the best layouts, stickiest pavement, and is one of the best events in the midwest. For those who can go, please do. For those who are in the air, please come. This would be the first step towards actually holding a Midwest gathering....lol.
Andrew