PDA

View Full Version : Hartage cat-back, what do you think?

maverick
05-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I have a line on a like new Hartage cat-back for my 96 ti Sport. It has a single wide round-end kind of oval outlet. Anyone had one or heard one? I Have used the stock muffller and I currently have a Bosal BroSpeed SS cat-back and am wondering how the Hartage would compare? Does anyone know if it is all stanless, or just the tip? I can get it for around $300.00 and wonder if this is a good deal?

Thanks,

David in Richmond, VA

BobbyDigital
05-08-2006, 03:43 AM
I dont know dude, I know that BMP Design has a Hartge muffler new for $295. So I would think maybe you could get the cat back used for about the same or a little less?

Where are you in Richmond? And what color is your car?

Bobby in Midlothian

maverick
05-08-2006, 04:57 AM
I dont know dude, I know that BMP Design has a Hartge muffler new for $295. So I would think maybe you could get the cat back used for about the same or a little less?

Where are you in Richmond? And what color is your car?

Bobby in Midlothian

I live in New Kent and work in Richmond.

Currently a very dirty and pollen covered Alaska Blau.

Where are you and what's yours like?

David in Richmond, VA

BobbyDigital
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey man. Yeah I'm in Midlothian, but work all over VA and MD. Mine is also pollen covered, Boston Green. Its got 17s and lowered, and soon to have my Depo's whenever I get around to install them.

lkwd318ti
05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
I think that I have the exhaust your talking about. The one I have isn't a catback though, it's basically an axle back (I think...)
It replaces the resonator all the way to the back.
Stock: [cat]==[resonator]==[muffler]=
With my setup: [cat]========[muffler]=
(Hope that makes sense to you)
It's just the tip thats SS and the rest isn't.
I like the exhaust though, the tip is unique and it isn't as loud as most exhausts, but you know its there.
I'll post pics later on today/ if I remember...lol

-Randy

maverick
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I think that I have the exhaust your talking about. The one I have isn't a catback though, it's basically an axle back (I think...)
It replaces the resonator all the way to the back.
Stock: [cat]==[resonator]==[muffler]=
With my setup: [cat]========[muffler]=
(Hope that makes sense to you)
It's just the tip thats SS and the rest isn't.
I like the exhaust though, the tip is unique and it isn't as loud as most exhausts, but you know its there.
I'll post pics later on today/ if I remember...lol

-Randy

My problem is I don't have the flange to muffler bit to cut off, I sold my stocker to a friend and I am running the Bosal and don't want to cut it.

i am working on it, but any suggestions or somebody wants to sell there pipe, I am listening.

maverick
05-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey man. Yeah I'm in Midlothian, but work all over VA and MD. Mine is also pollen covered, Boston Green. Its got 17s and lowered, and soon to have my Depo's whenever I get around to install them.

How does it ride and handle with the lowering gear you have?

lkwd318ti
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
My problem is I don't have the flange to muffler bit to cut off, I sold my stocker to a friend and I am running the Bosal and don't want to cut it.

i am working on it, but any suggestions or somebody wants to sell there pipe, I am listening.

I remember when I first got it, I was wondering how I can get it on my car, so I called Supersprint/BMP and asked them what to do.
I think they sell a pipe that can connect to it.
I was just reading on your first post how you said you have "on the line a like new Hartge"
Ask the previous owner if he can give you the pipe along with the Hartge haha.

-Randy

ChItalian1027
06-04-2006, 04:28 AM
does anyone have a website address?

lkwd318ti
06-04-2006, 12:22 PM
sorry to break it to you...but I think the exhaust that I have is discontinued...

-Randy