PDA

View Full Version : Which Exhaust?!

DJ_AutoX
05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey guys,
Im looking at buying a performance exhaust for my 95 318ti. I have looked into Dinan, BavAuto, Bosal, Ansa, and a few more, but i'm leaning towards the Dinan pipe. It is supposed to give the most gain with the Engine Chip and Throttle Body. Is it worth the extra penny for it? im guessing that most of these are all Cat-back, in need of a mid-pipe to connect to headers correct?

If anyone has a Dinan Free Flow can you maybe post pics/sound and opinion about it? Thanks guys!

davep-uk
05-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Magnex. not sure if you can get them in the states. but nice system pretty much all of us in the UK have them.

Welcome by the way!

bimmer7
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Eisenhaus makes a great exaust for the ti and all other bwm's. they are pricie because they are made to order.

Viper3812
05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Welcome. Go for Stromung, it is a favorite here.
www.understeer.com has video clips of it.

DJ_AutoX
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Wow that Stromung looks outstanding for the price. My only question is:
With the Dinan Engine chip..(anyone have that?) they claim the chip makes the most power with the Dinan exhaust, but i can save 300 dollars and probably get the same performance from the exhaust. What do you think the outcome of a Dinan chip with a Stronmung exhaust would be compared to a Dinan Chip with a Dinan exhaust? 300 dollars worth of better performance?