PDA

View Full Version : wierd sound when engaging clutch, HEEEELP!

1uvaknd
05-13-2006, 02:49 AM
whats going on guys?

well here i am once agian looking for answers, but let me begin from the begining. On apr 16 06, i drove back down from port saint luce to ft lauderdale and when i exited I95 i down shifted into 4th gear and i felt the car shutter, but i did not think anything of it unitl i got to the light and needed to take off. The car just started to shutter badly. i had it in first and took off then it bogged down as if it was misfiring and didnt have any power. since i was near the inlaws i pulled into the driveway and checked under the hood and looked under the car to see if i could see any leaks or damage but i didnt see anything. i left and drove it home but it still did the same thing. i would take off and it would bog down then get power then bog down, so the next day i decided to change plugs and found that the valve cover gasket was leaking and the contacts in the plugs for the #3,4 cylinders were black with corrosion from the oil that was getting in the tubes. I orderd the parts, asked you guys for help and fixed that problem, BUT was that the real problem? i dont know. the reason i say i dont know is because it fixed the leak issue but know im getting a wierd sound from the tranny which i did not notice before but could have actually been the culprit.

Wow that was a lot of writing. But now heres the issue. when i engage the clutch i hear kind of a hollow/sloshing sound or chirping. so could this have been the real issue or s it just something else. I'm now thinking its a clutch issue and i may need to change the clutch, or should i just start with the clutch slave cylinder? guys please help.

One more thing and i'll stop writing this book. I love to do things on my car myself, and im not to worried about doing the clutch even though i know it may be a pain in the arse, but i need instructions if i do, and what the hell is ballancing the clutch and flywheel

thanks guys any info would help

1uvaknd
05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
guys i know this 1st post is a little long but give me some direction

DeadpaN
05-14-2006, 12:59 AM
ok man, the first thing you need to do is google Bentley or Haynes or Chilton. Chilton you can get at Kragen or ProAuto or whatever the local auto parts chain is around where you live. The others you can find online. No luck with that search? Try automotive repair manuals. These things are invaluable, I use all 3, but you should at least get one. They have good troubleshooting hints and should aid you in your diagnosis. From there, once you have it narrowed down or parts off etc. then your more specific ?'s will be easier to answer. First off though fouled plugs? Replace. Anything looking dodgy, replace it. And these manuals are good guidlines for alot of that stuff. Good luck!

1uvaknd
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
cant believe it took someone that long to post something but thanks deadpan. I have the bentley cd for the car, but i wanted somereal world opinions from people that ma have had this issue before, and to make a long story short i think its the clutch. the noise sounds as if something is scraping, its not high picthed its actually a low drone, and when you engage the clutch you can feel pulsing.