PDA

View Full Version : Help installing the MASC

FATHER
05-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi guys, recently i buy a MASC, there not an instruction manual, so i see the DASC info in the forum Notebook section, is similar but not equal, so i have any questions:

1. the hose in the valve cover have a hose to the oem inteke manifold, the MASC not have a fitting to it, i see in the site pictures a hose conected and go down the blower, but dont see where is conect, the question, for what is the hose in the valve cover? I can put a breatter ovethere?

2. The air pump is realy necesary to cars motor or is only to clean the air when the car is cold?

3. My MASC have grease on the internal pieces, i know that is for protection, and is burn when the motor start. I need to replace sparks plugs until the gas burn? is not bad? or better clean those grease?

DustenT
05-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi guys, recently i buy a MASC, there not an instruction manual, so i see the DASC info in the forum Notebook section, is similar but not equal, so i have any questions:

1. the hose in the valve cover have a hose to the oem inteke manifold, the MASC not have a fitting to it, i see in the site pictures a hose conected and go down the blower, but dont see where is conect, the question, for what is the hose in the valve cover? I can put a breatter ovethere?

2. The air pump is realy necesary to cars motor or is only to clean the air when the car is cold?

3. My MASC have grease on the internal pieces, i know that is for protection, and is burn when the motor start. I need to replace sparks plugs until the gas burn? is not bad? or better clean those grease?

1. You can run a breather in place of this hose, although you might have some idle problems. The DASC kit uses an adaptor that connects this hose back into the intake before the supercharger.

2. If you have a catalytic converter, you need to keep the air pump. The air pump blows extra air into the exhaust when it's cold to get the cat to light up right away.

3. There should not be grease on anything. Be careful what you use to clean it. Can you post pics of the grease and the supercharger rotors?

FATHER
05-19-2006, 04:48 PM
there

FATHER
05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
color green

FATHER
05-19-2006, 04:53 PM
In the blower exist a fitting to boxter.. i can put a "T" adaptor ovethere to pu the hose to the valve cover???

DustenT
05-19-2006, 05:23 PM
color green

That grease doesn't look good. I've never seen a supercharger with grease inside of it. Call Joe and ask why there is grease in it.

I can't tell what you mean about installing the T for the vent hose off the valve cover. You want to run the T BEFORE the supercharger, like right after the throttle body. If you run a T on that line, you'll also need to run a one-way check valve so only pressure from the valve cover gets released into the throttle body.

Are there scrape marks on the supercharger rotors? Or do they look brand new? Try to wipe some grease off and take another picture. Also, is there any wobble in the nose drive? Spin the pulley see if it feels tight.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 05:46 PM
is little tight, and looks news, with the "T" i refeer to conect the hose of valve cover and the hose of brakes boxter at the same fitting

DustenT
05-19-2006, 06:06 PM
is little tight, and looks news, with the "T" i refeer to conect the hose of valve cover and the hose of brakes boxter at the same fitting

Yes, that should work. Just make sure you run a one-way check valve so it only lets pressure out of the valve cover vent.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 06:16 PM
i can use a pcv ? in wath direction i put it? (ex. the air go out of the valve cover to the intake manifold, right? so i need the air in one direction only, from valve cover to intake manifold??

DustenT
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
i can use a pcv ? in wath direction i put it? (ex. the air go out of the valve cover to the intake manifold, right? so i need the air in one direction only, from valve cover to intake manifold??

Yes, that is correct.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Or you think the breather is best for me?Also i go to clan the grease with a clothe only, one of my friend suggest to me to spin the blower before installing and clean with a machine...is that good idea, or only clean the grease an install it??other question, the TI tb use water hose??(sorry for the question, i'm in work so i don't look the motor?

1996 328ti
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
You guys should probably meet at an agreed time and talk in chat.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/chat/flashchat.php

DustenT
05-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Or you think the breather is best for me?Also i go to clan the grease with a clothe only, one of my friend suggest to me to spin the blower before installing and clean with a machine...is that good idea, or only clean the grease an install it??other question, the TI tb use water hose??(sorry for the question, i'm in work so i don't look the motor?

Don't use any cleaner on the supercharger to get the grease off, I don't really know why its on there. I don't think it's going to be good for the motor though because it's all going to get sucked in there. Call Joe and ask him why he covered it in grease.

What do you mean does the TI TB use water hose? Do you coolant? No, it doesn't run coolant in the TB.

DustenT
05-19-2006, 06:40 PM
You guys should probably meet at an agreed time and talk in chat.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/chat/flashchat.php

I might be available later on tonight. I'm at a customer site, so I can only check the forum when I have some down time.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks for all ifo dustent(you are really good!!!)i buy a chilton manual at Pep Boys(front of my work) i read much before i go to home. O... what you think is better, mount all charger parts out of car or moun separately(ex. the intake manifold to head, then the blower , then the trotle or istall the MASC enterely to the head.?

DustenT
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
thanks for all ifo dustent(you are really good!!!)i buy a chilton manual at Pep Boys(front of my work) i read much before i go to home. O... what you think is better, mount all charger parts out of car or moun separately(ex. the intake manifold to head, then the blower , then the trotle or istall the MASC enterely to the head.?

Hmmm...it would have been nice if they included install instructions! When I install the DASC, I bolt everything together (intake manifold, supercharger, and elbow) then mount it.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 08:10 PM
i call to Piezas Europas (European Pieces) a local BMW dealer, "jimmy" said me that the best is put a hose in the valve cover with a pcv and the a breather.

DustenT
05-19-2006, 08:12 PM
i call to Piezas Europas (European Pieces) a local BMW dealer, "jimmy" said me that the best is put a hose in the valve cover with a pcv and the a breather.

That might work too. I know the M3 guys do that when they install turbos. You can try it, if it doesn't work, then run the T.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Also they said me that i eliminate the air pump, but i need more time in the morning to heat the motor(the guy talk like he dont know much about those) what you think, in PR the coldes temp is 83 and heat over 100, so you realy think i need a pump air to heat the cat.(also i think put a header and eliminate the cat and put it back only for inspection one time a year)

DustenT
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Also they said me that i eliminate the air pump, but i need more time in the morning to heat the motor(the guy talk like he dont know much about those) what you think, in PR the coldes temp is 83 and heat over 100, so you realy think i need a pump air to heat the cat.(also i think put a header and eliminate the cat and put it back only for inspection one time a year)

It's up to you, but I would leave it alone. You can stick a small breather filter on the intake side of the pump.

FATHER
05-19-2006, 08:26 PM
hey dustent, this thread is like a private thread, nobody exep you and me write, you know why, i supose that are more poeple in the forum with technical experience.... or not??!?!?1

FATHER
05-20-2006, 05:29 AM
hi, is 1am i'm tire, i put off all pieces, is too dificult the oem manifold,i take pictures but i upload all when i finish all, i think sunday, tomorrow is to mount the masc, custom air intake and put a new location for tha air pump

DustenT
05-20-2006, 06:29 AM
hi, is 1am i'm tire, i put off all pieces, is too dificult the oem manifold,i take pictures but i upload all when i finish all, i think sunday, tomorrow is to mount the masc, custom air intake and put a new location for tha air pump

The DASC kit comes with mounting brackets for the supercharger, intake manifold, and air pump.

Does the MASC include brackets to support the intake manifold? How about the supercharger? I hope they do, cause the weight of the supercharger is going to stress the hell out of the intake manifold studs!!!!! The DASC kit includes nice stainless brackets to relocated the air pump, along with everything else you are going to have problems with!

NOTE TO EVERYONE READING THIS: You get what you pay for. If you like to make your own parts and do fabrication to get a kit to work, then MASC might be for you. You won't have this problem with the DASC kit.

325icintn
05-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Are there scrape marks on the supercharger rotors? Or do they look brand new? Try to wipe some grease off and take another picture. Also, is there any wobble in the nose drive? Spin the pulley see if it feels tight.

If you can find any, wipe some gear marker to idenfity the condition of the gear. You especially want to identify if there are cracks running through the thickness of the gear. If there is, you could have a chance for catastrophic gear failure.

If it's only scrapes, then it should function but will be more noisy.

Congrats. Joe didn't leave you alot of choices, but I am glad your instincts and patience paid off. BTW - I got your PM but have had to travel. Shout our again if you need help.

FATHER
05-21-2006, 05:34 AM
hi guys, i install it finally, all is ok, but when i prove ther car the belt is broken, i chek it and the blower pulley is not aling with the others is backward aboun .25 inch. Dustent i made the braket with aluminum, because the kit not have, the car idle is very good with the pcv(thanks)but i eliminate the air pump. tonigth i start the car and idle for abount one our, but now with the belt broken i put the oem pulley and belt, so the car have a cherger but not conected.

FATHER
05-21-2006, 05:50 AM
what is this, i know that a gas regulator, but the fuel rais have one, and this come conected before so i istall like arrive, but is not adjustable, how function, the gas prsure said 45-in idle and about 52 when acelerate.?!?!?!?!?

nuvolarossa
05-21-2006, 06:37 AM
So it isn't perfectly aligned? That's bad...:confused:
If it isn't aligned I prefer to complete my custom setup than buy one from them :biggrin:

DustenT
05-21-2006, 03:23 PM
what is this, i know that a gas regulator, but the fuel rais have one, and this come conected before so i istall like arrive, but is not adjustable, how function, the gas prsure said 45-in idle and about 52 when acelerate.?!?!?!?!?

That's the rising rate fuel pressure regulator, you need to install that one with the factory one. Make sure you install this!!!!!

The problem with this kit is that it's not going to work for ALL m44's. Chad (ZeroG) told me that there are 5 different DASC kits because there are small difference for each motor and car platform. This MASC kit was designed for a z3, looks like it doesn't line up on a 318ti.

I suggest you box it back up and ask for a refund. It obviously DOESN'T FIT.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way that this kit isn't going to work.

nuvolarossa
05-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Father try to post a pic of the alignement of the belt, please if you can:wink:

FATHER
05-21-2006, 11:45 PM
i post the pictures when i finish, because i'm in my girl house, so i work fast, First a question,,, why my oem injectors have a hose conected to intake manifold? second , why dont have a gas regulator in the fuel rail? what amount of gas is the oem injectors?? 19lb. or more?? finish with the questions.I probe the car today in the highway, i run for about 30 minutes, the top speed 105mph a middle trotle, but i have a bad situation about gas, The masc come with a fuel rail with oem gas regulater(the mine dont have), they send me a set of injectors(no idea of capacities)and the other regulator (the blue ) the problem is.. when i full trotle the car loose power like when a motor have much gas. i want to install a gas gauge to vie the pressure. i know that have much gas because i close with a valve the return line and problem was much more.what you think about buy a set of injectors with oem capacity???because the oem not fit in the intake... and a adjustable gas regulator to put some lb upper the oem(5 or 7). Abot aligment i fit it with a puller($40.00 in pep boys) i pull out it until is aligned the i return the puller:) to pepboys, is run very good, not soun or vibrating, the car acelerate super cool but only in neutral or park, ruuning loose power when i fully acelerate... please send me a idea!!!!

DustenT
05-22-2006, 12:03 AM
i post the pictures when i finish, because i'm in my girl house, so i work fast, First a question,,, why my oem injectors have a hose conected to intake manifold? second , why dont have a gas regulator in the fuel rail? what amount of gas is the oem injectors?? 19lb. or more?? finish with the questions.I probe the car today in the highway, i run for about 30 minutes, the top speed 105mph a middle trotle, but i have a bad situation about gas, The masc come with a fuel rail with oem gas regulater(the mine dont have), they send me a set of injectors(no idea of capacities)and the other regulator (the blue ) the problem is.. when i full trotle the car loose power like when a motor have much gas. i want to install a gas gauge to vie the pressure. i know that have much gas because i close with a valve the return line and problem was much more.what you think about buy a set of injectors with oem capacity???because the oem not fit in the intake... and a adjustable gas regulator to put some lb upper the oem(5 or 7). Abot aligment i fit it with a puller($40.00 in pep boys) i pull out it until is aligned the i return the puller:) to pepboys, is run very good, not soun or vibrating, the car acelerate super cool but only in neutral or park, ruuning loose power when i fully acelerate... please send me a idea!!!!

Dude, you are going to blow your motor!

Wow, I don't even know where to start....you're car is acting that way because the ECU is retarding the ignition because you are about to blow the motor (DETONATION!!!!!!!!!!). The ECU does this as a safe guard but if you push it, it's going to seize. You aren't running enough gas to the engine. I have no idea how MA designed this kit, so I can't help anymore. I don't want to be responsible for you doing something that blows up your car.

It sounds like you used a puller to move the pulley out 1/4" from the stop point on the shaft, right? If this is what you did, that's a really bad thing to do. Now the pulley can slide back and forth, moving the belt with it. Eventually you'll wear out the key on the supercharger shaft and the supercharger will just stop spinning.

I can't believe how cobbled this kits is, and that they didn't both to include any instructions.

Final advice (sorry, I can't help you anymore, now that you are actually DRIVING it at over 100mph with it installed wrong). REMOVE THE KIT, SEND IT BACK, GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

325icintn
05-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Wow, I don't even know where to start....you're car is acting that way because the ECU is retarding the ignition because you are about to blow the motor (DETONATION!!!!!!!!!!). The ECU does this as a safe guard but if you push it, it's going to seize. You aren't running enough gas to the engine.

I think he's right on this. I looked at the picture of how you ran the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel lines and pressure tube.

I am assuming it is a rising rate regulator. What brand is the regulatory?

Do you know the size if the four injectors?

Do you have a boost gauge to read the boost being produced? What are the readings?

Do you have a wideband A/F meter installed? Readings?

FATHER
05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
OK, the kit come with a set of injectors, but Gus said me that those injectors is more fuel deliver than the real oem.but that i think there is a lot of gas in the motor. i already mount a gas gauge but i broke it today (sorry, tomorrow monday i buy new one)

I conect the gas line to the "T" in the gauge, then the fuel rail, the in the fuel rail is the oem gas regulator, then the other regulator and finally the return hose.The two vacum hose from the regulators are conect in to a "T" and then to the fitting in the intake manifold.

DustenT
05-22-2006, 12:42 AM
I think he's right on this.
:rolleyes:

The problem is that he's now running 2 factory fuel pressure regulators. It's a Vortex RRFPR.

I'm not helping anymore, by helping I'm only making what MA did better. I'm sorry FATHER, but you NEED TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK before you destroy your car.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm planing to buy a new set of injectors with the oem expecification, and run it only as factory, without the regulator, is to probe, it is run greate, i install the second regulator. Any of your know the factory injectors specifications??

325icintn
05-22-2006, 12:50 AM
:rolleyes:

The problem is that he's now running 2 factory fuel pressure regulators. It's a Vortex RRFPR.

I'm not helping anymore, by helping I'm only making what MA did better. I'm sorry FATHER, but you NEED TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK before you destroy your car.

So the factory regulator is a RRFPR, too? Turbo guys run two regulators all the time. Normally it is a static regulator in the factory rail and a RRFPR after. The the pressure is set by which ever is higher in the particular condition.

You've got to know what size injectors you're running. And you really need to know Air Fuel Ratio. We can't tell what's going on in in the combustion chamber based on the info provided. You're saying your running rich, but I am not convinced.

Is there anyone local who can help? There must be some honda tuner shop with SC experience not too far.

BTW - until you've figured out what's going on, no more 100 mph runs. In fact, if you have to drive it, stay as close to idle as you can.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/support/fmu_sfmu.html

this is the gas regulator i have mount after the rail gas regulator(oem), i not convinced by the injectors , i think that is much higher than oem. in the MA site said that the original is 19lb...is that true?? In the vortech regulator, are a vacuum line, ionly pu it to the manfold rigth??because i use a "T" adaptor to conect the two regulators hose.in the chiltons book said the presure are 43,5 but i remember saw about 40lb, but im not sure, so tomorow i chek it?

FATHER
05-22-2006, 01:03 AM
what is rrfrr means?

FATHER
05-22-2006, 01:11 AM
http://www.nipponpower.com/product.phtml?p=263

i think the problem was here.... in the manifold i have only one fitting, but two hose of the regulators. how i instal those lines???plisss

FATHER
05-22-2006, 02:50 AM
i have a idea about my problem, i'm talking now with friend, he remeber, when we atart the car saturday that the gas gauge never go up when acelerate, is only around 40 lb of gas, is supose to up when acelerate because the gas regulator is 8:1(8 lb os gas per one of boost)so we think tha the problem is the vortech gas regulator... wath yoy think??

DustenT
05-22-2006, 03:04 AM
The fuel pressure should rise with the RRFPR (Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator) AND with the factory regulator. If the kit came with aftermarket injectors, it should have come with an aftermarket fuel controller. I'm guessing Joe forgot to send this, thus the factory ECU is trying to fire the aftermarket (larger) injectors at the same rate as the small (OEM) injectors. This would explain why it smells rich. At idle and when not under boost, it's probably running really rich, but when you hit boost it doesn't take long for all that gas to run out, then you run into a lean condition (bad!).

Call Joe and ask him where the fuel controller is.

325icintn
05-22-2006, 03:51 AM
At idle and when not under boost, it's probably running really rich, but when you hit boost it doesn't take long for all that gas to run out, then you run into a lean condition (bad!).

I don't know that we can reach that conclusion, other than the evidence related to knock sensors putting the car in limp mode. It could be simply getting richer as boost increases.

8:1 ratio seems high, but it also depends on the injector size. You could go back to stock injectors with the RRFPR at 8:1 and see what happens, but without an A/F wideband I don't know how to "see" much of anything.

DustenT
05-22-2006, 04:01 AM
I don't know that we can reach that conclusion, other than the evidence related to knock sensors putting the car in limp mode. It could be simply getting richer as boost increases.

8:1 ratio seems high, but it also depends on the injector size. You could go back to stock injectors with the RRFPR at 8:1 and see what happens, but without an A/F wideband I don't know how to "see" much of anything.

Keep in mind that the 318ti runs the factory fuel pressure regulator under the car, not on the fuel rail (at least on my car). So FATHER installed another factory fuel pressure regulator and the Vortex regulator. In addition to that, the factory ECU doesn't know that it has larger injectors connected to it.

This is a mess.

FATHER, do you have a code reader? I'm sure you have a CEL light because you didn't re-install the emissions equipment. I'm curious what codes you are getting.

If the engine doesn't blow the fuel pump should give out soon with all the additional pressure and load requirements.

325icintn
05-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Keep in mind that the 318ti runs the factory fuel pressure regulator under the gas, not on the fuel rail (at least on my car).

Didn't know that. my m50 has only one on the rail. I am just commenting on general principles, which are not really enough.

Maybe you should post this over on the bimmerforums board too. I know everyone wants things to work out, for you at least.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 01:45 PM
where is the oem regulator dustent, i need to pt off

DustenT
05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
where is the oem regulator dustent, i need to pt off

There is a metal shield under the car on the driver's side, it's close to the outside edge of the car. You'll be able to see the fuel lines going into it. Remove the metal shield, you'll see it, it's the only piece with a vacuum line on it. Make sure you cap off the vacuum line if you bypass it.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
i think that the problem, i install the gas gauge, start the car and the presure dont pass over 45,so i conect a compresor to the fmu hose with one psi of air and the presure up to 50psi, i bypass the oem reg. when i come of the university, i'm in finals, about two hour.. ok?? bye and thanks :)

325icintn
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
i think that the problem, i install the gas gauge, start the car and the presure dont pass over 45,so i conect a compresor to the fmu hose with one psi of air and the presure up to 50psi, i bypass the oem reg. when i come of the university, i'm in finals, about two hour.. ok?? bye and thanks :)

That's good to hear.

You still need to get a wideband on that thing to test part-throttle and WOT A/F ratio. If you're not seeing 12's or less in WOT, then you may will have problems in the long run.

If you are running rich or lean, you will need something to fine tune the fuel. I don't know what works best on a 318.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 03:34 PM
12??? psi over 45?

DustenT
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
12??? psi over 45?

No, your air to fuel ratio should be 12:1 or lower. You NEED to get a wideband oxygen sensor hooked up to your car before you drive it again. That is the only way to tell if the car is getting enough fuel or not.

Fuel pressure will only tell you if the RRFPR is working, it won't tell you if the car is getting the correct amount of fuel.

FATHER
05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
if i understand in PR we call to it a scape temperature sensor, is a sensor like a little oxigen sensor, that is in the header colector, it said if your car is reach or lean,that is yo talk about... well i buy one in the afternoon, is around 200.00 in PR

DustenT
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
if i understand in PR we call to it a scape temperature sensor, is a sensor like a little oxigen sensor, that is in the header colector, it said if your car is reach or lean,that is yo talk about... well i buy one in the afternoon, is around 200.00 in PR

Yes, that sounds right. Make sure it's a wideband (0V-5V range), not a narrow band (0V-1V range).

325icintn
05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
We pay $200 for them up here, too. It is a necessary expense for a semi-DIY FI setup, or even a seriously modified NA engine.

If you could trust Joe to have done all the research and tuning, then maybe you could skip. But I would still install a wideband on any FI set-up, even an off-the-lot WRX, like the nerd that I am.

Make sure you understand the method of datalogging with the particular AF meter. Some require additional pieces, or cables, or computer requirements. And try to buy a standard brand so it can work with a fuel controller if you end up needing one.

Here's a couple of threads from BFc.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454023&highlight=wideband

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443759&highlight=wideband

DustenT
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
We pay $200 for them up here, too. It is a necessary expense for a semi-DIY FI setup, or even a seriously modified NA engine.

If you could trust Joe to have done all the research and tuning, then maybe you could skip. But I would still install a wideband on any FI set-up, even an off-the-lot WRX, like the nerd that I am.

Make sure you understand the method of datalogging with the particular AF meter. Some require additional pieces, or cables, or computer requirements. And try to buy a standard brand so it can work with a fuel controller if you end up needing one.

Here's a couple of threads from BFc.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454023&highlight=wideband

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443759&highlight=wideband

Great suggestion 325icintn - A quick semi-off-topic question: What widebands do you have experience with? What is your personal suggestion for a wideband. Only requirement is to show real-time AFR, but AFR and minor datalogging is a plus.

I was using a PLX Devices R-500, with 6 channels of datalogging. The wideband heater/calibrator took a dump so I returned it. I'm still in the market for a replacement unit.

nuvolarossa
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Great suggestion 325icintn - A quick semi-off-topic question: What widebands do you have experience with? What is your personal suggestion for a wideband. Only requirement is to show real-time AFR, but AFR and minor datalogging is a plus.

I was using a PLX Devices R-500, with 6 channels of datalogging. The wideband heater/calibrator took a dump so I returned it. I'm still in the market for a replacement unit.
Yes, I need a wideband too. What model is good for low price?

FATHER
05-22-2006, 09:31 PM
ok, guys good news, i repair it, i eliminate the regulator under the car, and put a hose bypass, y satart the engine a mark 40 in the gas gauge, i acelerate it and up to aroun 95 psi, aditional i instal a bosh gas regulator after the regulator in the fuel rail.

I probe the car at 2000 to 3500 for a 45 min trip with "tato"(he is a BMW mechanic, he work close to my house) so he drive the car fo about 45 min. the he check the motor for leak or errors, the we come back to full trorle, the car runs very cool to 5,000 rpm the it loose power and in 6,200 he go with power again, so "tato" up the gas presure to 50 psi at idle and said me than not run the car up to 4,000rpm, he have much work now, so he said the saturday he check the car with scanner to look the air\fuel ratios, and said to me to buy a air \fuel ratio gauge, boost gauge and the scape temperature sensor (arround 400.00 with the spots) he said that install it before saturday, hes planning set the car gas presure and the go to dyno.

I think is short power , maybe only around 150hp, but those i better than a money stole, i'm enjoy installing the kit, and learn much with you guys, also we are planning a trany swap because mine have a "governor" bad said "tato" and sometimes the clutchs are malfunction, he think is for the 19" wheels also, so he want to hel me to find a manual tranny....i want to prepare the pictures now, so i back arround 30 min.

nuvolarossa
05-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry but that isn't a good kit:mad: :frown:
Do you plan to put pics now?
here in Italy are 10:52PM

DustenT
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
ok, guys good news, i repair it, i eliminate the regulator under the car, and put a hose bypass, y satart the engine a mark 40 in the gas gauge, i acelerate it and up to aroun 95 psi, aditional i instal a bosh gas regulator after the regulator in the fuel rail.

I probe the car at 2000 to 3500 for a 45 min trip with "tato"(he is a BMW mechanic, he work close to my house) so he drive the car fo about 45 min. the he check the motor for leak or errors, the we come back to full trorle, the car runs very cool to 5,000 rpm the it loose power and in 6,200 he go with power again, so "tato" up the gas presure to 50 psi at idle and said me than not run the car up to 4,000rpm, he have much work now, so he said the saturday he check the car with scanner to look the air\fuel ratios, and said to me to buy a air \fuel ratio gauge, boost gauge and the scape temperature sensor (arround 400.00 with the spots) he said that install it before saturday, hes planning set the car gas presure and the go to dyno.

I think is short power , maybe only around 150hp, but those i better than a money stole, i'm enjoy installing the kit, and learn much with you guys, also we are planning a trany swap because mine have a "governor" bad said "tato" and sometimes the clutchs are malfunction, he think is for the 19" wheels also, so he want to hel me to find a manual tranny....i want to prepare the pictures now, so i back arround 30 min.

Good work FATHER. Is there anyway you can get a dyno with AFR monitor when you are done?

AlaskaBlue
05-23-2006, 12:59 AM
So now why didn't Joe or Gus chime in and help on here?:rolleyes:

FATHER
05-23-2006, 01:15 AM
So now why didn't Joe or Gus chime in and help on here?:rolleyes:
For that reason i dont ask for may money back, around a 3 weeks ago they dont answer my calls, if they dont answer tha calls i dont send the 150 dollars

jonchino
05-23-2006, 02:06 AM

can you post some pics... I am about to do this to my car.

by the way GREAT THREAD!

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:41 AM
believme use the dasc

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:44 AM
the oem intake manifold

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:45 AM
more...

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:46 AM
and more...

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:48 AM
and... you know.. more

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:49 AM
more pictures

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:50 AM
the last three

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:52 AM
there is the pictures, about 20 minutes i race with a civic turbo, mitsubishi technica and a scion TC, so i win, but the civic take me a lot of work because i'm auto, but i know the car have more power, i want to call tomorrow to OscarVelez lokin to reprograming my ecu, he said around 250.. wath you think

1996 328ti
05-23-2006, 02:57 AM
It is alive?

FATHER
05-23-2006, 03:00 AM
yes :)

FATHER
05-23-2006, 03:27 AM
hey dustent, wath you think about this gauge....

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/aem_uego_controller/

DustenT
05-23-2006, 03:48 AM
hey dustent, wath you think about this gauge....

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/aem_uego_controller/

Father, yes the AEM UEGO is a decent wideband gauge. Can you email the full size pictures of your install to dustent@msn.com? I'll host the full size pictures on my website, so we can see the details.

FATHER
05-23-2006, 04:03 AM
yes i know i want to post the pictures more big, so i want to buy those gauge, maybe tomorrow, what ypu think about the race, i'm not really pleased with the kit , may be is the gas mixture but those car are very close to my car, one 1.6(honad)1.8(technica)there about two cars behind my trunk

FATHER
05-23-2006, 04:13 AM
HEY DUSTENT I'M SENDING TO YOU THE PICTUTRES FROM MY GIRL'S MSN ACCOUNT

DustenT
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Full size pictures of the installation: http://180customs.net/v-web/gallery/MASC

Click on each picture for a full size view.

FATHER
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
i want to buy the Aem wideband gauge, but i'm looking for a spot but i like it in the dash, any idea??i think put two gauge, the aem and the boost one, do you know any spot pieces that i can istall flat in the center of dash the paint it with interior grey color??I dont like the style that you mount in the glass supor(sorry i dont know the name of it)

DustenT
05-23-2006, 07:47 PM
i want to buy the Aem wideband gauge, but i'm looking for a spot but i like it in the dash, any idea??i think put two gauge, the aem and the boost one, do you know any spot pieces that i can istall flat in the center of dash the paint it with interior grey color??I dont like the style that you mount in the glass supor(sorry i dont know the name of it)

This is what I'm doing for now...

http://180customs.net/v-web/gallery/albums/BMW/March_2006_031.sized.jpg

I just ordered a fuel pressure gauge and isolator, I'll post pics of that when it's installed.

FATHER
05-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi, think to i buy the AEM wideband gauge the next week, also a boost gauge, what is supouse the air/fuel ratio at idle speed and how much on boost, how much boost at idle (i think cero) and how much in WOT. What is a R-speed check valve, how function, cost and how mount it??I good idea take off my cat.? What is the maintenance for the blower??Sorry for the ignorance i new on this...

DustenT
05-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi, think to i buy the AEM wideband gauge the next week, also a boost gauge, what is supouse the air/fuel ratio at idle speed and how much on boost, how much boost at idle (i think cero) and how much in WOT. What is a R-speed check valve, how function, cost and how mount it??I good idea take off my cat.? What is the maintenance for the blower??Sorry for the ignorance i new on this...

AFR should be at 14-15 at idle, 12.5 or below under boost.

You will have 0 boost at idle, the boost gauge should show 15-20 in/mg vacuum. You should have less than 9psi of boost at WOT, if you have more, back off because the engine can't take much more than that without something controlling the ignition!!

You don't need the R-Speed check valve, it's only used with the stock fuel injectors. It adds .5psi of boost on a stock DASC kit.

Good questions!!

FATHER
05-25-2006, 06:07 PM
thanks a lot dustent, why is supose 12.5 on boost? its mean 12.5air on 1 of fuel? if is yeas, why less air in boost?? Is because is better reach than lean?? And more safe for the motor??

DustenT
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
thanks a lot dustent, why is supose 12.5 on boost? its mean 12.5air on 1 of fuel? if is yeas, why less air in boost?? Is because is better reach than lean?? And more safe for the motor??

Yes, 12.5 units of air to 1 unit of fuel.

You need a rich mixture under boost to avoid dentonation.

Corky Bell has a couple of books out that do a very good of explaining this.

FATHER
05-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey guys do you know any boost gauge with vacuum and 10psi of boost only if not, well may be with 20psi. buit not more, i check at AEM, and autometer, but all i see is 30psi...if find somekind please puit a link.. thanks

DustenT
05-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey guys do you know any boost gauge with vacuum and 10psi of boost only if not, well may be with 20psi. buit not more, i check at AEM, and autometer, but all i see is 30psi...if find somekind please puit a link.. thanks

Autometer sells a 20psi boost gauge, but you'll have to order it. They are by far the cheapest, most accurate gauges.

HuGo
05-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Autometer sells a 20psi boost gauge, but you'll have to order it. They are by far the cheapest, most accurate gauges.

why do you need to get a 20 psi gauge when you said at most the ti engine will blow if tried to get 15.

DustenT
05-25-2006, 07:07 PM
why do you need to get a 20 psi gauge when you said at most the ti engine will blow if tried to get 15.

Dude, try to find a 15psi boost gauge or a 10psi boost gauge for that matter. They don't make them, or if they do, they're junk.

HuGo
05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Dude, try to find a 15psi boost gauge or a 10psi boost gauge for that matter. They don't make them, or if they do, they're junk.

Dude, im sorry i didnt know.

REDIS
05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
I just bought a brand new autometer ultra lite for my turbo project. looks like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4643085035&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

most accurate..remember, you get what you pay for. also comes with lines and fittings.

HuGo
05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I just bought a brand new autometer ultra lite for my turbo project. looks like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4643085035&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

most accurate..remember, you get what you pay for. also comes with lines and fittings.

you mean this one

http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/28/a9/da_1.JPG

I dont really like that phrase, u get what u pay for. you guys use that a lot on things that are expensive. I get a lot things cheap, and i get what i "payed" for.

DustenT
05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
you mean this one

http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/28/a9/da_1.JPG

I dont really like that phrase, u get what u pay for. you guys use that a lot on things that are expensive. I get a lot things cheap, and i get what i "payed" for.

I have the same one, only it didn't come with the woman...

Autometer really sets the standard for low end gauges. Anything less than Autometer (IMO) is not going to be accurate.

HuGo
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
isnt there a light up one? instead of a needle, a number appears.

DustenT
05-25-2006, 11:16 PM
isnt there a light up one? instead of a needle, a number appears.

The problem with digital gauges is that the values change so fast that you can't really see what's going on. An analog gauge is really the best way to go for boost and fuel pressure because the max and min like to spike some times.

HuGo
05-25-2006, 11:38 PM
The problem with digital gauges is that the values change so fast that you can't really see what's going on. An analog gauge is really the best way to go for boost and fuel pressure because the max and min like to spike some times.

well when i get my charger by september, you guys gotta help me learn how to read all those gauges. :smile:

FATHER
05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
this aotometer s cool but is to 30 psi i like a 10psi to view the movements, but the lowest y find is to 20psi.. but i want to find it, i promese :)

hey dustent the bad thing about brather is the oil and gas smell when you are close to the car, may be i put a hose from valve cover to the intake manifol with the pcv...

FATHER
05-26-2006, 04:10 AM
hey, i find the gauges at autometer, and the PR local dealer i close to my work, i call tomorrow for prices!!!look

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=3606

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=2990

http://www.autometer.com/cat_mounts.aspx?mid=2

or?

http://www.autometer.com/cat_mountsdetail.aspx?vid=282&sid=0&mid=2&pg=1&mdl=5&gw=0

FATHER
05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
hey guys i have a question, our pillar pod for gauges, the dual, is from e36 4doors or e36 4 doors, Autometer have the two models but i don't know what fit in my TI....

SDKmann
05-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Is this the official MA forum now? I think it would be the E36 gauges since it is a E36.

DustenT
05-26-2006, 09:22 PM
hey guys i have a question, our pillar pod for gauges, the dual, is from e36 4doors or e36 4 doors, Autometer have the two models but i don't know what fit in my TI....

e36 4 door pillar.

FATHER
05-27-2006, 12:29 AM
THANKS!

FATHER
05-29-2006, 02:52 PM
The first accident past the night of saturday, i'm coma back with my girl, we go to eat something, when we go over the high way a guy in RSX invite me to race, so i accept , start the race i go foward by 1 car but at 95mph i foward by 3 but the car loos all the power( i think that i f@#$ the motor) my girl said that she smell gas, rapid i off the engine but the car was on fire under my seat, so y go about 65 with the motor off i drive to the emergency line whe i stop all the gas in the street was in fire but a guy(thanks God) of the RSX have a fire extinguer in the pillar of the car, he take it and save my TI, he is ny friend now, so the next day i check the car the problem was a oem presure hose, the hose of rubber under the manifold is like a big "u", so we go to a performance shop (Jimmy Bou turbo center) and put all gas line in metal(about 275.00) but in those area("u") in rubber because is a move location between the motor and body, but Jimmy use a racing hose to soport 200psi, my car only have around 85. so i am safe now. So guy me be careful with the races, think that.... my car was in fire under it, all car, i dont open any door because is fire under the car, and more and more, i have a broke arm. my girl scare (too much< he was crying)if that guys no stop or not have a fire extinguer who or how i go off of the car... so rebember check everithink carefully when work in yours motors.... this past week are the worse of my life... i need a vacation... to Desney of course !!!! jejeje coming soon Father in USA

HuGo
05-29-2006, 05:16 PM
all i have to say is that YOU ARE A F*CK!NG IDIOT!

How the hell do you street race with someone else on the car? Not only that, YOUR LADY IS PREGNANT FOR GOD SAKES!

Here are people telling me sh!t (here in ti.org) cuz i race. Yea when i do race, i NEVER have anyone with me, i race we me in the car alone. Ill never race with someone else in my car, YET when my own girlfriend is pregnant with my child. I try to race as safely as possible. Not much cars around, no other people in my car, checking how populated the area is, etc.

Juni
05-29-2006, 05:26 PM

How the hell do you street race with someone else on the car? Not only that, YOUR LADY IS PREGNANT FOR GOD SAKES!

Here are people telling me sh!t (here in ti.org) cuz i race. Yea when i do race, i NEVER have anyone with me, i race we me in the car alone. Ill never race with someone else in my car, YET when my own girlfriend is pregnant with my child. I try to race as safely as possible. Not much cars around, no other people in my car, checking how populated the area is, etc.

Listen Hugo,

I'm gonna give you some real GOOD advice right now, so for your benefit, delete your post RIGHT NOW! You wouldnt understand why, and it's not my place to tell you the reason why, but please delete it now before the **** hits the fan.

HuGo
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Listen Hugo,

I'm gonna give you some real GOOD advice right now, so for your benefit, delete your post RIGHT NOW! You wouldnt understand why, and it's not my place to tell you the reason why, but please delete it now before the **** hits the fan.

i stand by what i said. Its crazy how last time there was like a whole 10 pages of me being talked sh!t too cuz i raced a guy from my job. Samething happen here, someone else in the street asked to race, wasnt even a friend, some guy asked him to race, and he did. With a girl in the car that is pregnant? I know its not his fault, but his car turns on fire? What if something bad really had happen, which great that it didnt. We say that a lot around, atleast nothing happen to you. But racing with a girl in a car that is pregnant, then her getting scared the crap out of her. No man, thats just not how it works.

Juni
05-29-2006, 05:35 PM
i stand by what i said. Its crazy how last time there was like a whole 10 pages of me being talked sh!t too cuz i raced a guy from my job. Samething happen here, someone else in the street asked to race, wasnt even a friend, some guy asked him to race, and he did. With a girl in the car that is pregnant? I know its not his fault, but his car turns on fire? What if something bad really had happen, which great that it didnt. We say that a lot around, atleast nothing happen to you. But racing with a girl in a car that is pregnant, then her getting scared the crap out of her. No man, thats just not how it works.

I wasnt referring to the street racing bit. I was refering to his girl. You wouldnt understand. At least edit your posts and take out everything you said about her. Trust me, dont say I didnt warn you if you don't listen to me.

FATHER
05-29-2006, 06:57 PM

You have reason about the street race, but she like to run too, so we win in the two situation(race and fire), so the next time i race alone, thanks man.. Juni , gracias pero dejalo que muera loco..!!:smile:

Juni
05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
You have reason about the street race, but she like to run too, so we win in the two situation(race and fire), so the next time i race alone, thanks man.. Juni , gracias pero dejalo que muera loco..!!:smile:

De nada pai,

Es que ese es un chamaquito medio loco que no le hace caso a nadie. Y por eso el va a sufrir mucho. Ohh and by the way, my girl is in Puerto Rico right now! Shes in Barranquita.

stormos
05-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Another clear sign of stupidity reagrding racing and the dangers involved.

1996 328ti
05-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Regardless of anyone's views of street racing, this is not the subject of this thread!
It's turns this thread into useless trash.

DustenT
05-29-2006, 10:42 PM
girl said that she smell gas, rapid i off the engine but the car was on fire under my seat, so y go about 65 with the motor off i drive to the emergency line whe i stop all the gas in the street was in fire but a guy(thanks God) of the RSX have a fire extinguer in the pillar of the car, he take it and save my TI, he is ny friend now, so the next day i check the car the problem was a oem presure hose, the hose of rubber under the manifold is like a big "u", so we go to a performance shop (Jimmy Bou turbo center) and put all gas line in metal(about 275.00) but in those area("u") in rubber because is a move location between the motor and body, but Jimmy use a racing hose to soport 200psi, my car only have around 85. so i am safe now.

Wow...This is the first good proof that this kit sucks. Good luck FATHER, this is going to be an expensive lesson for you. I imagine the rest of the parts on the kit will start to fail soon. You know that Joe didn't do any long term testing with his kits and he used the cheapest parts.

HuGo
05-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Juni, si ustedes creen que voy a sufrir, estan ustedes equibocados. te crees chingon y no se que mas. Pero olvidate de mi. Si tu ya sabes que no hago caso a nadie, porque sigues tratando?? Y yo nunca dije nada malo de su novia, pinche serote.

Father, ok if she likes to race then thats good, whatever thats fine. Keep in mind that right now shes pregnant and cant be putting herself in danger right now, dont let your kit turn out as bad as MA's kit.

FATHER
05-30-2006, 03:14 AM
ok, man you have reason, sorry!!!, and Dusten the broke hose is not a kit hose was a oem hose, the kit work fine...

Juni
05-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Juni, si ustedes creen que voy a sufrir, estan ustedes equibocados. te crees chingon y no se que mas. Pero olvidate de mi. Si tu ya sabes que no hago caso a nadie, porque sigues tratando?? Y yo nunca dije nada malo de su novia, pinche serote.

Father, ok if she likes to race then thats good, whatever thats fine. Keep in mind that right now shes pregnant and cant be putting herself in danger right now, dont let your kit turn out as bad as MA's kit.

Tu ves, tu mismo te lo buscas buen MAMA GUEVO......in case you dont know what that is, let me say it in a way you can understand........."Tu amistad me vale verga cabron" Isnt that how all ya'll talk?!?! Anyway, I'm gonna leave it at that, I was just trying to stop you from saying something you were gonna regret, but I guess eso se queda entre yo y Father. In alot of ways, you remind me of my lil brother, he is what we like to call an internet thug. Google it if you dont already know what it is. Cojelo suave :rolleyes:

edit: jejeje....Hugo, the way yall talk makes me laugh. :lol:

DustenT
05-30-2006, 03:40 AM
ok, man you have reason, sorry!!!, and Dusten the broke hose is not a kit hose was a oem hose, the kit work fine...

If you got larger injectors with the supercharger kit, you SHOULDN'T need to run 85psi of fuel. The line blew out because you probably have the pressure regulator(s) hooked up wrong.

FATHER
05-30-2006, 03:45 AM
If you got larger injectors with the supercharger kit, you SHOULDN'T need to run 85psi of fuel. The line blew out because you probably have the pressure regulator(s) hooked up wrong.

A guy offer me a AEM fuel controler in $200.oo what you think, is good price??How work it?

HuGo
05-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Juni, para comensar, nunca estaba hablando de ti para que te metieras en el prencipio ok hijo de puta.

DustenT
05-30-2006, 03:51 AM
A guy offer me a AEM fuel controler in $200.oo what you think, is good price??How work it?

Have you talked to Joe yet? Did you ask him if they're is supposed to be a fuel controller with the kit? I think Joe forgot to send that too.

Can we stop the Spanish Wars? Juni and Hydro - You guys are taking a giant steaming crap (mierda h&#250;meda gigantesca) on this thread.

FATHER
05-30-2006, 03:58 AM
the kit dont include it because is not necesary, because is only 7.5 psi, and guys the topic is about MASC installation not of my loose race on past saturday, please...

DustenT
05-30-2006, 04:03 AM
the kit dont include it because is not necesary, because is only 7.5 psi, and guys the topic is about MASC installation not of my loose race on past saturday, please...

But the kit came with different injectors, right? I looked in the pics and it looks like you have red fuel injectors installed. Are you controlling the larger injectors with the factory computer (ECU)?

FATHER
05-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Exactly the new is little biger than oem, what you think about the fuel controler price??I know was installed in a turbo civic??

HuGo
05-30-2006, 04:18 AM
it wasnt about you losing, its about racing and being in big danger with a pregnant person in the car. Im done with that now. Depends if Juni continues it. But im done with this topic.

Juni
05-30-2006, 04:25 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]COLOR]Juni, para comensar, nunca estaba hablando de ti para que te metieras en el prencipio ok hijo de puta.

jejejejeje :lol:

DustenT
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Exactly the new is little biger than oem, what you think about the fuel controler price??I know was installed in a turbo civic??

Will the fuel controller work with the injectors you are using? Are these peak and hold or saturate? What size are they? How does the AEM attach, is it just a piggyback?

FATHER
05-31-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.superchargertech.com/Nissan.html

i find my blower, i think is from nissan, the blower in the same on my MASC kit, so i know now where buy pieces , replaces or repair my blower, i fin it in a link of bimmersforum(by Dustent)i think you send your blower there to reapir the alchol damage... how they work?? the prices??? the customer service??

DustenT
05-31-2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.superchargertech.com/Nissan.html

i find my blower, i think is from nissan, the blower in the same on my MASC kit, so i know now where buy pieces , replaces or repair my blower, i fin it in a link of bimmersforum(by Dustent)i think you send your blower there to reapir the alchol damage... how they work?? the prices??? the customer service??

I highly recommend them!! $450 for a complete rebuild. Does your supercharger need to be rebuilt already?

FATHER
05-31-2006, 09:08 PM
NOT, only i need the info to future...

FATHER
06-01-2006, 03:43 AM
I find a positive thing on a masc buy, the price of a replacement blower is super low price, around 200.00, check

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-SUPERCHARGER-1998-2002-3-3-XTRERRA-FRONTIER-A-T_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33741QQitemZ8071025901QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

SDKmann
06-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow that was close. That would have sucked if your car just went up in flames after what you have done with it. Why and when are you coming to the US?

FATHER
06-02-2006, 02:57 AM
WHAT??How do you know i'm plannig go to US? well answer your question, i go to Florida, i have family there and my girlfriend too, may be in october...

SDKmann
06-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Because I stalk you... And because you said that in your last post and then edited it.