PDA

View Full Version : lookin 2 take over my dads 318 ti

shirazi89
05-31-2006, 04:22 AM
im 16 years old and i currently have a nissan 200sx
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355049
and the cluth jus died on me and im tired of that damn car...im lookin 2 sell that car and just take over my dads stock base model 318 ti...the car is quite ugly right now but im lookin 2 slowly make some basic upgrades (bein 16 years old wit no job makes it hard 2 modify a car) such as angel eye lights and rims and either get a new body kit or get all the gray stuff on this car painted....well the car currently has 150000 miles...i was wondering if u guys think that its worth takin over this car?? how long do these engines last?? well yea sorry for all the questions but i really dnt kno much abt this car...any suggestions or comments are welcome..

pdxmotorhead
05-31-2006, 05:01 AM
The clutch on a 200 fwd is a 3 hour to 4 hour cake job.
Engine stays in tranny drops out the bottom.

The 318 engines regularly see 250 to 300K miles no big deal.

Parts are similar to most japanese cars in price, slightly higher...

Do some web research,
Unofficial BMW and other pages have a lot of info.
The grey stuff can be removed if done right and leaves matching paint....

Dave

TORJTHM
05-31-2006, 05:31 AM
nice 200sx.... looks clean... ya the clutch work realy is an easy job ... just time consuming... but ya man ... ig your looking to get into RWD deffinatly take over your dads car ... i know how it is with the no job thing .. being 18 and not having a job at the moment ... its killing me .. i just had to replace my rear tires and my cv joints ... add on top my 300 a month insurance ... and im broke ... thank god my job starts in 2 weeks

1996 328ti
05-31-2006, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't think about the angel eyes and just worry about maintaining it.
Maybe repaint the gray rockers. Change the wheels.
Keep the car running or you will have the nicest looking car on a flatbed.
I'd rather have a car that runs for +250,000 miles.

TiTime
05-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't think about the angel eyes and just worry about maintaining it.
Maybe repaint the gray rockers. Change the wheels.
Keep the car running or you will have the nicest looking car on a flatbed.
I'd rather have a car that runs for +250,000 miles.

I would agree. Just save up your $$$. By the time you have enough, you can do a sweet engine swap once your stock engine is kaput. Just keep maintaining it and don't go overboard w/ upgrades right away. If you had the $$$ to do it, then it would be a different story.:biggrin:

HuGo
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
lol wrong place to ask. Everyone here will tell you to get it. But we arent wrong :wink:

nusstroy
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
lol wrong place to ask. Everyone here will tell you to get it. But we arent necessarily wrong :wink:

theres no better price than free :biggrin:
just paint her, save some money to keep her running in good condition, then worry about mods:tongue: