PDA

View Full Version : Won't start with Auto !

/Ada1982 /
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi, my car is Auto. But now when i shift to drive it's a manual like 3rd gear. So everytime i shift to D i have to press the A (Auto Button). i don't know if the switch broke or not. What do you think?

FATHER
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
i have an aouto too, and those happen to me too, i remove the negative port of battery for about a minute , the reconect and never had the problem again...

/Ada1982 /
06-06-2006, 02:09 AM
i already try to do what you said. It still have that problem. Actually this thing happen since i reset my engine light. I have no idea what's wrong with it:(

DustenT
06-06-2006, 02:14 AM
i already try to do what you said. It still have that problem. Actually this thing happen since i reset my engine light. I have no idea what's wrong with it:(

Did you start the car with the reset tool in the diagnostic port?

Unhook your battery, let it sit for a long time, like overnight. Then try it. It sounds like an issue with the tranny computer. For the right price, I'll remove mine and sell it.

FATHER
06-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Check also the shifter cable adjustment in the tranny, i dont know how to do that, but mine was adjusted a friend that work on BMW dealer...check for correct fluid levels

/Ada1982 /
07-28-2006, 04:11 PM
i unhook the battery over night but it still doing that. Oh and one more thing, The light at the switch A/M is off too. I dont think the swicth broke cuz i can still press it and it change to Auto. But I don't want to do that all the time.

It's burn a lot of gas if i forgot to switch it back to Auto. SAD !!