PDA

View Full Version : would this engine work?

andyman7931
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Thinking about what to do about my engine, was going to swap m44's but now am thinking about 6 cylinders.

Would an e46 6 cylinder engine work? I can get a good deal on an wrecked 03 325i complete but wondered if I'd run into problems installing the engine in the ti. Should I wait for an obd2 e36 engine if I were to try this?

Thanks

FATHER
06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I think that those engine not fit in our chasis type. Why not try Supercharger you stock engine, is fast, less expensive and more cool, because you install a 6cyl. engine and then upgrade it i think is a lot of money...so.. is only a opinion :)

andyman7931
06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I was going to definatley supercharge the 4 cylinder, but since mine is sick (cracked head or something) and I was going to replace it I've been thinking that I'd go ahead and swap in a 6 cylinder instead and not need to supercharge.

m3outtanowhere
06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
I was going to definatley supercharge the 4 cylinder, but since mine is sick (cracked head or something) and I was going to replace it I've been thinking that I'd go ahead and swap in a 6 cylinder instead and not need to supercharge.
check out some of my old thread's. i was going the same route with a m3 swap into my sick ti. Money became an issue as well as a USED engine swap is still a used engine. then i got her some antibiotics (head gasket) and purrs great! come to find out the ti is a clubsport. so i would have been ruining a 1 of a kind