PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

Mad-Machine
06-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Been a long time since I had to introduce myself on a new Forum, but here goes.

I am one of those rare Arthur's. Not too many of us around and we like to keep it that way. Art is fine, do not even think about "artie"

Anyway, as you can tell from my profile, I come from the extreme southern end of New Jersey. Put everything you think you know about New Jersey aside when you head south of trenton and tom's river. It really should be a totally different state.

My reasons for being here. I finally have enough financial means to have a car I always wanted. While the e30 m3 would be nice, I want something I can drive everyday. That would mean either a Merkur XR4Ti (ford Sierra to the rest of the world) or BMW's often neglected Hatchback. Yes, I like hatchbacks.. and the Merkur/Sierra is just too long in the tooth and ford no longer carries parts for those cars.. so it is to the little Ti I go.

This fall is my timeline for buying one. I am hoping to score a semi-low milage one with a manual (all the ones on ebay seem to be autos) and maybe the sport package. The last part does not matter.. I like to tinker and can add what needs to be done.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell.. The Hyundai is going once I am certain of the Ti.. but the fiat stays.. that is a different beast altogether.

Tyler
06-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the site...

FATHER
06-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi, welcome, enjoy...!!!

Mad-Machine
06-26-2006, 10:10 PM
thankyou for the warm reception. I appreciate it.

robcarync
07-01-2006, 08:26 PM
weeelcome!

davep-uk
07-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Welcome from the UK contingent.