PDA

View Full Version : Possible Air Intakes for DASC?

tiger318
06-27-2006, 06:14 AM
I've had my DASC for about 2 years now and I want to swap out the K&N cone filter that came with the used DASC.

Does anybody know the part number of the K&N filters that are compatible with the DASC? I have a 1997 318ti.

Also, I heard that installing a CAI with the DASC actually decreases HP and torque...is this true?

What are the intakes that people are using with their DASC? In other words, what other intakes are compatible with the DASC?

I don't know what I'd do without this site :)

DustenT
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I've had my DASC for about 2 years now and I want to swap out the K&N cone filter that came with the used DASC.

Does anybody know the part number of the K&N filters that are compatible with the DASC? I have a 1997 318ti.

Also, I heard that installing a CAI with the DASC actually decreases HP and torque...is this true?

What are the intakes that people are using with their DASC? In other words, what other intakes are compatible with the DASC?

I don't know what I'd do without this site :)

I'm using a paper cone filter from a Honda Prelude. See this thread: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11154&highlight=prelude

I'm going to order a nice vacuum gauge so I can see what the flow differences are between the K&N and the paper filter. So far, I can't tell a difference.

tiger318
06-27-2006, 05:23 PM
That's a sweet ride Dusten.

Was that a CAI you had on your car before the prelude filter? What kind was it?