PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Upgrades

branden
07-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi all,

I have a 96 sport ti with 100k miles that is pretty much stock except for 17 inch wheels and h&r sport springs, which I just installed.

I want to get a nice suspension setup because next year I plan on swapping an s52 engine and an m3 tranny. My initial plan was to pull my suspension and replace all the rubber bushings for more solid urethane and install some koni sports and maybe new ball joints. However, I live near Toledo, OH and cherry auto has full suspensions for nearly every bmw out there. (they also have plenty of s52's too, hehe)

Would it be better to swap out the suspension from an m3 or m-coupe? If so, what suspensions are a direct fit? I'm open to pretty much all options and have a pretty nice budget to work with.

Bluebimma
07-29-2006, 02:45 AM
A little bit off topic, how close to Toledo are you?

96cali
07-29-2006, 03:33 AM
I suppose a full suspension from an M coupe would put you slightly ahead because you can use the rears too I think. I also know someone selling new in the box HR coilovers for the Mcoupe for $1100. Not a screamin deal but a little cheaper.

Not in the market right now but where/what is Cherry Auto? I'm in cleveland, close by.

branden
07-29-2006, 04:07 AM
cherry auto is in toledo. I guess they buy wrecked cars from all over.

Their web url is: http://www.cherry-auto.com

I guess they buy wrecked cars from all over. If you search, the prices they quote are with shipping, so I'm sure if you go there you can get parts for much cheaper.

branden
07-29-2006, 04:08 AM
I'm about a half hour away from toledo in michigan.

Bluebimma
07-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Thats cool, theres a couple TI's down here that ive found over the summer....maybe a meet before it gets too cold???

branden
07-29-2006, 04:31 PM
If you want to organize somethin, I'll gladly stop by toledo on the weekend. It would have to be before the winter, because I'm starting my freshmen year of college at the university of michigan, and I probably won't drive my car much during the winter. If I feel like coming home for the weeked it will prolly just be to work on my cars suspension.

Where have you seen or know of other ti's? I've only seen one other one in my life in saline michigan.

Bluebimma
07-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Theres like four or five around toledo...i had one leave a note on my car last week saying my car was sweet and come check out his white sport.