PDA

View Full Version : by-passing heater core?

inky
07-30-2006, 07:05 AM
i have a 97 that i picked up cheap as a theft recovery. it has a cooling problem, i can see it leak under pressure from maybe at the HCV small gizmo by the two hose's on firewall.

can i by pass the hole heater core and the gizmo by plugging the lower hose on the rad, i know it's not the best way to fix it. but i seriously just use the car as a beater and only drive it when my girls around because she doesn't like to drive in my jeep.

thanks for the help.

also any cheap way to by pass the governor with out buying a new chip.

DustenT
07-30-2006, 07:42 AM
i have a 97 that i picked up cheap as a theft recovery. it has a cooling problem, i can see it leak under pressure from maybe at the HCV small gizmo by the two hose's on firewall.

can i by pass the hole heater core and the gizmo by plugging the lower hose on the rad, i know it's not the best way to fix it. but i seriously just use the car as a beater and only drive it when my girls around because she doesn't like to drive in my jeep.

thanks for the help.

also any cheap way to by pass the governor with out buying a new chip.

There should be two hoses going from the engine compartment through the firewall. Connect those two hoses together to bypass the heater core. Several members on this forum are parting out their cars, maybe you can find a used one for cheap and fix the problem the right way?

Good luck.

inky
07-30-2006, 10:09 AM
well i don't think it's the actual heater core, it looks like one of the hose's the one closest to the drivers side goes into a HCV or some other type of of bypass valve that's leaking.

i do plan on fixing it the right way, but i have a jeep that eats up most of my extra cash and spare wrenching time. so i was just looking for a quick fix to get me by for the time.

so on the rad there's a lower hose on the drivers side, goes over the rack and under the motor and up to the heater core i think. it's real tight in there and i'm pretty big so i couldn't get a real good look back there with out pulling stuff a part.

thanks for the help, dustent.