PDA

View Full Version : Barber Motorpark, Alabama...VIDEO

m3outtanowhere
09-05-2006, 05:11 PM
So I have been gone for a week. I am actually still in 'bama! I got to track a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. I know we are a bimmer site here and I still love my c/s and m3 better and I flew here from Cali...but this was so much fun!
Barber Track has 15 turns in 2.4 miles. My father is part of the Mustang Club of America. So for the last week we have been down here in Alabamie'! My dad is good friends with Henrich Eibach(Suspension), and Alumni with Austin Craig (V.P.Steeda), and Marnie Kramer (Classic Design Concepts) whos husband I just met, and works for Dinan! Marnie let me take out one of their C.D.C. track Mach 1's! I have to say that brute speed is no replacement for handling. And this Mach 1 was quick and loud! Straight pipe, functional shaker hood scoop intake, stripped, reprogrammed by Steeda, and a gut wrenching torque pull.
We should be so lucky to drive cars that have a near 50/50 balance. This car was a trailered track only car, and a concept for C.D.C.'s parts...and my ti would out handle it. As far as h.p. goes...this thing was bad ass ! I was passing 427 Cobras and a SVT Cobra Stang! JUST DONT DIVE INTO TURNS!
I have all sorts of pics, and videos. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ39ejyhE3Y -- part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG-wKKYCBu4 -- part 2

m3outtanowhere
09-05-2006, 05:25 PM
more pics!
-some famous Hertz rental GT500's...2006, and 1969

m3outtanowhere
09-06-2006, 05:09 AM
no comments? Is it b/c they are Fords? :wink: This was a father/son trip and I Had to come!

drkblu318ti
09-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Damn that sweet. I love the new mustang! The coolest driving ive ever done was Skip Barber 2 day driving school where i got to drive an 05 Viper! And get a RWD V8 Side ways arounda slick pad!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I bet you had fun!

m3outtanowhere
09-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Damn that sweet.

I bet you had fun!

FUN? until 2 laps I was scared sh!*less of the gas. Then i learned to throttle off early into the turn , cruise, and throttle out to steer the bitch. It was hell to learn and wicked crazy! I lost my stomach 30 times in 15 laps! and to think that i was given the keys to a 40k dollar 350 hp beast.

I am pretty confident that my m3 will put down a better time...with a set of 2000 dollar slicks!:biggrin:

AlaskaBlue
09-06-2006, 06:06 AM
That looks pretty interesting. Was that your first track experience?

m3outtanowhere
09-07-2006, 06:39 PM
second time in a REAL car. But my first love was my Marguay 3spd Shifter Cart. I could pull somewhere between 1.0-1.5 g's in a turn. Still...nothing like a car