PDA

View Full Version : Bosal - again

IndianaTravis
09-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Can anyone verify that this is the same bosal that people have been getting? My exhaust is....shot. I'd like something more aggressive sounding yet not expensive.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BRO248016.htm

S10mafia50
10-01-2006, 02:11 AM
LOL, I cannot say for sure if it is or not, but if you want a good price, just do the same as alaskablue's Ti......basically take the car to any muffler shop(well, not any one if you want the cat gone) and have them do a full setup and I'll bet you that they will build it, with a muffler included for less than the price of most "BMW" systems.....lol I personally love alaskablue's exhaust tone, and honestly, and I'll bet he gained some power out of it. Just look into all options available to you before you decide.
Andrew

3DGE
10-01-2006, 02:37 AM
WTF I post a topic on the same Partm but I got no reply...

Here is my link the the item I am looking at, http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/quote.jsp?year=1995&product=H5000-145043&application=000749352&part=Muffler&dp=true

IndianaTravis
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
LOL, I cannot say for sure if it is or not, but if you want a good price, just do the same as alaskablue's Ti......basically take the car to any muffler shop(well, not any one if you want the cat gone) and have them do a full setup and I'll bet you that they will build it, with a muffler included for less than the price of most "BMW" systems.....lol I personally love alaskablue's exhaust tone, and honestly, and I'll bet he gained some power out of it. Just look into all options available to you before you decide.
Andrew

I drove his car Saturday, and it does sound great and is very fast. However it doesn't have a CAT, which I need in Wisconsin.

I was in a shop Saturday morning getting a new cat welded in ($300 total, I'll take it) and basically looked at a similar custom setup with all stainless piping, a magnaflow resonator and muffler, but it was going to be close to $300. I can get the Bosal for much less than that!

DustenT
10-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I drove his car Saturday, and it does sound great and is very fast. However it doesn't have a CAT, which I need in Wisconsin.

I was in a shop Saturday morning getting a new cat welded in ($300 total, I'll take it) and basically looked at a similar custom setup with all stainless piping, a magnaflow resonator and muffler, but it was going to be close to $300. I can get the Bosal for much less than that!

You only need a cat if the car is registered in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is the only city that does any type of emissions testing. Also...you can keep your car registered in Indiana if you don't have emissions there.

IndianaTravis
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
You only need a cat if the car is registered in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is the only city that does any type of emissions testing. Also...you can keep your car registered in Indiana if you don't have emissions there.

that would have been GREAT to know two days ago!

I may end up living in Milwaukee county, or I could end up living in Racine county. I guess I'll be covered. My car will be registered in Indiana for another year anyway, but the noise and loss of power were enough to get me to change it. At least it sounds 'normal' now.

I just need to get a slightly deeper rumber from the exhaust now.

marleymon
10-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Can anyone verify that this is the same bosal that people have been getting? My exhaust is....shot. I'd like something more aggressive sounding yet not expensive.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BRO248016.htm

this is the Stainless BroSpeed Pipe-- sorry it's NLA. We cleaned them out a few months back on clearance for $200:eek: +sh.
I believe the pipe(s) 3dge is looking at are stock type bosal pipes with a stainless tip.

josh

Mikel
10-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Has anyone gotten the bosal yet? The one 3dge is probably the cheapest i've seen for a muffler.

I need something that will not crack 2 months after I put it on.. this is the 3rd time my exhaust pipe cracked within half a year... The 1st time it cracked, the garage (the place I always get my oil changed so they know my car) I went to replaced the muffler with some crappy looking one which didn't last very long. Well, this muffler also snapped and they just welded it back on and applied some sort of cement over it.. now, it just crapped on me again and I don't think I'm letting them touch my car anymore

3DGE
10-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I will get the one I got once i get my court date out of the way...IDK how large my ticket will be...I am hopeful!!

Mikel
10-09-2006, 04:54 AM
sorry to hear.. what did you do?

3DGE
10-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Speeding 80-100 lol

m3outtanowhere
10-09-2006, 09:21 AM
had that exhaust. got it for 200 shipped from bosal north america. Funny story, I Googled "Bosal Exhaust" and found a guy named Mick Crouse or Crause...Head guy of Bosal North America. He said that he only deals with wholesale. I shot in the conversation that I had a 318is and he said "I am looking at a pair right now" He shipped it to me in 2 days from Canada for 194 dollars! Try it! Find Mick again!

And a GREAT ehxhust@@!!**

Mikel
10-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Speeding 80-100 lol

Well, that should be a lot easier to get out of than drag racing, that's for sure..