PDA

View Full Version : NA Motorswerks brake package

bmwracerchick
10-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey guys check this out. I already had another thread going on my brake situation but look what I found on NAmotorwerks' website. Its a performance brake package and you can choose the rotors you want. If I am reading this right you get all 4 pads, all 4 rotors and the fluid that is required to change the brakes. It turns out I need all new rotors and all new pads, but I am going for a second opinion tomorrow. Also I am missing the clip on my passenger side brake pad....yea I dont know how that happened. But if I need all 4 brakes redone this is what im getting. What do you guys think?

Starting price $245.95
http://www.namotorwerks.com/products/description.php/II=498

I also figure this could help anyone else out who are looking for new brakes. So good deal or no?

Viper3812
10-04-2006, 05:11 AM
It's actually $270.95 cause the 318ti is an extra $25.

bmwracerchick
10-04-2006, 05:22 AM
lol thats why I said starting, but regardless is that not a good deal?

aceyx
10-04-2006, 07:44 AM
In the end comes out to $300. I think you can actually get it done cheaper than that.

Are your brake light sensors on? If not, you don't need new ones.

When you put it all back together, make sure the lug bolts are tightened to spec. Overtightening can mess up your rotors pretty quick if the hat is overtightened or tightened unevenly.

1996 328ti
10-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Do you really need rear rotors too?

tastade
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
That sounds reasonable, I think I paid $40 each for front rotors (OE Brembos from Tire Rack), $50 each for rear rotors (OE from BMW), $80 for front pads and $60 for rear pads (Hawk HPS from Tire Rack) + $10 or $12 for each sensor wire (there are 2). Total was about $350 + shipping on the Rotors and Brake pads. Then I had to buy some brake fluid locally. It looks like similar equipement is just under $300 from them + $44 shipping.

However, if you don't really need everything just buy individual parts.

Panzer_M
10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
It's actually $270.95 cause the 318ti is an extra $25.

That's bunk.

318ti rotors vs 325i rotors are the same price in my Powerslot dealer's catalog. You just have to note it's the Ti setup for the solids.
you do not see a differance in price til you go to the M3 rotors for the e36.

pdxmotorhead
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Replacing rotors is a simple decision.

Measure thickness, if within .060in of min thickness then replace.

I never turn rotors unless they have damage. Or grooving thats grossly bad. Especially on a track car, they bed in best if either the pad or the rotor is used.

Just slam the new pads in and bleed them.
BTW when you compress the caliper open the bleed screws, so the old fluid goes in a catch bottle and not back up into the brake system.

Dave

1996 328ti
10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
That sounds reasonable, I think I paid $40 each for front rotors (OE Brembos from Tire Rack)Since Brembos are not OE nor OEM, you really can't compare prices to factory OE.

That's bunk.

318ti rotors vs 325i rotors are the same price in my Powerslot dealer's catalog. You just have to note it's the Ti setup for the solids.
you do not see a differance in price til you go to the M3 rotors for the e36.OE solid rotors are higher than vented. Note: OE as in genuine BMW parts.

It is very difficult to compare rotor prices since there are different manufacturers. OE and OEM are not the same.