PDA

View Full Version : I have great Qs *answer these* =)

be_mybimmer
10-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi my name is Erin,
I'm selling my pretend M3 really 325i this week- hopefully! Dont get me wrong the car is dang awsome, super quick, and completly reliable. But there is just something with these 318ti's grr there the hotness.

I have some questions

1) the modification parts turbo, ect... Are cheaper because its a 4cy?

2) What are the main mods people usually do to a 318ti?

3)Are there any reccuring issues?

4) Are they easyier to work on then the 325i? I am doing auto tech at my community college- the 325i was difficult...

5) Do any of them come with the digital heating or a/c like an M3 of maybe the 1997 years? (That i might be wrong) ive just seen a digital gauge in an 1997 M3.

6) Whats a hood-sport? I think it was called a hood-sport? Im probably wrong and just really embarrassed myself.

7) What year do you think I should get, does it matter?

OK, thanks and I'm looking forward to my new car!

HuGo
10-04-2006, 07:13 AM
To answer your number 2 question...

The mod that people do for more horsepower is the DASC (downing atlanta supercharger) I'm going this route myself.

More info, www.downingatlanta.com

be_mybimmer
10-04-2006, 07:28 AM
ah yes i saw this! and the fact its half the price the the e30 sprchr! nice =):redface:

aceyx
10-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Caps are teh suck to read. If you can edit that first post, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it.

1. Price on modifications is about the same, except more rare.
2. Not sure.
3. Window regulator.
4. 'sbout the same. A little more space in the engine bay makes it a bit easier.
5. Negarino. All manual.
6. Hood support? Hood struts are the gas shocks that keep the hood from banging you on the head when you're checking the oil.
7. Depends what you're looking for. Later is generally better unless you're going to get down and dirty with the motor.

m3outtanowhere
10-04-2006, 08:37 AM
ClubSport is what you are looking for (hood sport?) and ClubSport is what I have for sale!
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12457&highlight=clubsport+sale

96cali
10-04-2006, 03:27 PM
These ti's also came available with a folding canvas roof called the California roof in 1996 or Open Air roof 97-99. Rare, fun, a little noisy.