PDA

View Full Version : Car Shipping Options?

CptnNemo
10-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I've never had to buy a car from a long distance before, but I'm finding more TI options on the opposite coast. Does anyone know how much shipping a car from cali to Boston might be? who do I contact for this information? Thanks guys.

96cali
10-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Dependable Auto Shippers is the preferred ebay shipper and a dealer also recommended them to me a while back. No personal experience though. My guess to ship coast to coast is $1000 minimum.

bullmand
10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Here's a quote from their website. LA to Boston starting November 1st.

**Estimated Rate: $540.00

Drop vehicle off at closest DAS Location:
Carson, CA 90248
(17 miles from Los Angeles, CA 90001)

View Map
Estimated Delivery: 16 days

Pick up vehicle at closest DAS Location:
Woburn, MA 01801
(14 miles from Boston, MA 02108)

www.dasautoshippers.com

JPerfect
10-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Estimated Delivery: 16 days

Woahhhh took me less than 2 days (45 hours) to drive from NYC to LA with one other person.

That's quite some anticipation.

HuGo
10-20-2006, 01:03 AM
For a thousand dollars, id prefer buy a one way ticket and drive it home. Itll be cheaper.

drkblu318ti
10-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Woahhhh took me less than 2 days (45 hours) to drive from NYC to LA with one other person.

That's quite some anticipation.

damn... whyd you do it so fast? I did it this summer from CT to LA and it took my sister 5 days.... but we stopped alot... but damn thats pretty good 2 days?

For a thousand dollars, id prefer buy a one way ticket and drive it home. Itll be cheaper.

I dont think that is much cheaper... specially if you drive alone... cuz you cant do 2 days like Jperfect ... so youll end up spending money on lodging and gas its about 2900 miles taking the fastest route.

So i think you should ship if you can get it for 540 dollars... when we looked into shippin out my moms c230 compressor it was closer to thousand.... So i would go with the shipping cuz i think driving cost my sister and i about 500 + .... plus her ticket back to Boston....

aceyx
10-20-2006, 07:03 AM
I did Boston to LA in 5 days, with two nights in Vegas.

lkwd318ti
10-20-2006, 10:12 AM
heeey Carson's close to me haha...
If I were you and had time, I would drive it back home because...
You'll see how the car runs, and you'll have fun with the trip

-Randy

wasabinuki
10-25-2006, 12:11 AM
If it's the car you really want then it's worth it to ship. Or if you have the time, fly out and drive it home. If you have a week or so you could see some cool stuff along the way and really bond with your new car too!

ayamen
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I've used American Auto Transport (http://autotransportaat.com) before. Was in a similar situation (couldn't put mileage on the car because it was a lease,) so I have to use auto shipping. They did a pretty nice job, and relatively inexpensive.

carlosR
12-04-2010, 04:12 AM
I just got a car, Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, shipped from New Jersey to Montana. It cost a little over a thousand but I'm considered a remote destination so it's going to be more expensive. I'd recommend shipping this time of year. We considered flying out, driving but glad I didn't. We picked the car up at a truck stop on the interstate in the middle of a blizzard. Froze our ta ta's off and had to park it for two days at the airport long term parking. We would have driven in that kind of weather for days. No thanks.
One pointer, when you start getting bids for shipping don't set a low bid. No one wants it but the most desperate. You can google the horror stories of cars sitting for weeks in transit somewhere. Like anything else you will get what you pay for and if you make it worth the shippers time you will get your car sooner and be happier.

carlosR
12-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to add I used American Auto Transport and had a good experience. Maybe a little hard to get ahold of the driver but they were good and fast. You will need to pay cash at pickup.