PDA

View Full Version : is AOL blocked?

Mad-Machine
10-25-2006, 02:13 AM
After two weeks of not being able to get onto the site.. I decided to try IE to see if it would work as I had not seen any reference to the site being down.. and low and behold.. I can get onto the site.

If I use AOL, it just times out

1996 328ti
10-25-2006, 02:16 AM
After two weeks of not being able to get onto the site.. I decided to try IE to see if it would work as I had not seen any reference to the site being down.. and low and behold.. I can get onto the site.

If I use AOL, it just times out
There was a problem Sunday due to an error on my part but other than that the site has been up.

DustenT
10-25-2006, 03:08 AM
Greg from SEAM is having the same problem. He is also using AOL.

Use Firefox.

mohaughn
10-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Doing some searches I see that AOL has a history of doing weird blocks to vbulletin sites.

1996 328ti
10-25-2006, 03:31 AM
Doing some searches I see that AOL has a history of doing weird blocks to vbulletin sites.
AOL blocks the confirmation emails that vBulletin sends out thinking it's spam.

ChItalian1027
10-25-2006, 03:45 AM
i had a problem with this so i switched to gmail (google email) and now no problems!!

bmwracerchick
10-25-2006, 06:24 AM
the question is...why are you still using AOL? Firefox for the win my friends!

AlaskaBlue
10-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Just buy a Mac :)

I have used other peoples computers and I couldn't check with AOL either. No big deal.

I also second Dusten and will say that Firefox is the best browser.

L84THSKY
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
+1:biggrin:

the question is...why are you still using AOL? Firefox for the win my friends!

1996 328ti
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Someone posted this on the vBulletin message board.
I have no idea if it will correct the problem.
My guess is it won't.
Ok here is a solution that worked for my AOL users.

CLEAR THE WEB BROWSER CACHE AND REBUILD THE AOL ADAPTER
A damaged Web browser cache and/or a damaged AOL Adapter may cause this issue. Windows© networking requires that a network adapter exist for any application that must access the Internet. The AOL software uses the AOL Adapter to access the Internet.

1. Sign off and close the AOL software.
2. On the Windows taskbar next to the clock, click the AOL© icon, then click SYSTEM INFORMATION....

NOTE: If the AOL icon is not displayed, click the START button, select PROGRAMS or ALL PROGRAMS, select AMERICA ONLINE, then click AOL SYSTEM INFORMATION.

3. Click the OK button.
4. Click the UTILITIES tab.
5. In the BROWSER section, next to CURRENT CACHE, click the CLEAR button until the Current Cache Size reads 0 KB.
6. In the AOL UTILITIES section, next to AOL ADAPTER, click the REBUILD button.
7. Click the OK button.
8. Click the CLOSE button.
9. Restart the computer and launch the AOL software again. The AOL Adapter will be rebuilt automatically.
Although the best advice is to use a different browser.