PDA

View Full Version : Bavauto Intake

Philly
10-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I just wanted to say how happy i am with this intake!! incredible sound.

there really is no noticeable gain, which i was aware of before purchase (thanks ti.org :wink: )...
but the fact that they were (maybe still are..?) on clearence for $124 and the regular price is $214 or something, i just couldn't pass it up...

only complaint is that the filter was suppose to have a hole in the rubber by the clamp for the IAT sensor, annnnnd no hole...i had to drill it myself.. no biggie though.

Just felt like posting this up cause im really happy with the way my car sounds now and how much it cleaned up the engine bay :biggrin:

DustenT
10-26-2006, 07:58 PM
So you paid $124 for a noise? I don't get it. You saw what happened to HydroLock (hugo), right?

campaiar
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Uh people pay way more and only get noise all the time...

Its called exhaust.. No performance gains, just noise... :wink:

Same thing here, just the other side of the head.

L84THSKY
10-27-2006, 01:43 AM
Looking at the intake on the website, not much chance of hydrolock. The intake sits way up top, where all the heat is.

So you paid $124 for a noise? I don't get it. You saw what happened to HydroLock (hugo), right?

L84THSKY
10-27-2006, 04:21 AM
I like the sound of mine too, and yes, it does open up alot of space.

Just felt like posting this up cause im really happy with the way my car sounds now and how much it cleaned up the engine bay :biggrin:

Philly
10-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Yes, i very willingly paid $124 for a noise, I know it doesn't do anything, but it sounds damn sweet on this motor, and I see no possible way of it sucking water, unless i hit a 2ft deep puddle. I wanted something cheap and that would draw some attention to my car and make it sound gutsy, so i bought the intake - does the same thing(which is virtually nothing) as fogging the box but it sounds better and its not as cluttered.

im sure its induced by the noise but it 'feels' a little peppier, whether it is or not, i could care less. :wink: :tongue:

Philly
10-27-2006, 04:30 AM
I like the sound of mine too, and yes, it does open up alot of space.

Glad someone agrees.

and i just want to say, L8 - since ive joined this board, your TI is my fav.
it hits all my style of taste bang on... it looks awesome!

fourbysix
10-27-2006, 04:32 AM
just wanted to make a comment for dusten..i have an aem/cosmo racing hybrid intake, using a aem secondary bypass filter, avoiding hydrolocking completely, with a (kinda) splash guard..i'm not even getting ducting damp.

edit: was not posted to start anything, just wanted to speak my mind, i respect everything you say, you have a expansive knowledge, way more then i could ever attain.

robcarync
10-28-2006, 11:39 PM
i like my cosmo intake...yeah no gains as everyone says...whatever it was cool and makes neat sounds and makes me feel like a bad ass...chyeah chyeah!!

DustenT
10-29-2006, 12:46 AM
edit: was not posted to start anything, just wanted to speak my mind, i respect everything you say, you have a expansive knowledge, way more then i could ever attain.

LOL

:)

weezer
10-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Actually, when I "made" my CAI: bought aluminum pipe, silicone adapter, clamps and cone filter, it had a "noticeable" difference...not sound, but mid range pick-up. Now that I've had a Dinan S2 chip downloaded, the gain is "very" noticeable. The torque between 3500-4500 rpm is awesome. It helped my times during my first ever auto-x today. In 2nd gear all the way through, when the revs are kept around 4000, awesome, awesome acceleration.

Mad-Machine
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
While it may not add power, it still makes driving your car all the more enjoyable (if you like the sound, that is) then it is a worthwhile modification