PDA

View Full Version : UUC transmission mounts

mohaughn
11-12-2006, 07:29 PM
So I installed the UUC red racing transmission mounts in the Ti last night... Very easy to install these. It probably took me more time to get my jack up under the car to support the tranmission than it did to actually remove the stock mounts and put the new ones in... I can take pictures and provide instructions if anybody else is thinking about doing this, but honestly, the DIY info on the web is pretty complete for this task.

And don't even consider using the red mounts in a daily driver... The car was already pretty loud after stripping the interior. After putting in these solid trans. mounts the car is now a giant massage chair... The vibration is not that bad except for starting out in first gear I get some pretty bad vibration right when letting the clutch out. It also seems to have some pretty strong vibrations up around 4k rpms. The nice thing is that when you step on the gas you can really feel the "sharpness" in the transmission, not really sure how to explain it.

I also installed the black UUC trans. mounts with the enforcer plates into my 328, and man what a difference that made. Both cars had over 130k miles on the original mounts so the stockies were pretty shot. I wasn't having issues with the Ti, but I was starting to get some pretty bad vibration when decel. in the 328. Putting in the new mounts seems to have cleared that issue up. I just did the Ti as I am replacing all of the bushings and mounts in the car along with doing suspension upgrades.

Panzer_M
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I use them w/ the enforcers on the daily :(

But then I like performance over luxury. Prob why I like the Ti over the e36

mohaughn
11-13-2006, 12:31 AM
You run the reds with the enforcers? They are only recommended with the black ones.

Panzer_M
11-13-2006, 12:51 AM
it works, been running the combo for years, first on the 97 then on the 95.

mohaughn
11-13-2006, 03:50 AM
hehe.. Well I knew it would work. Just wasn't sure if somebody had told you there was a benefit to it. Arjun from UUC was telling me that the blacks need it because the tab on the suspension is not fat enough to cover the entire mount. With the softer mounts the metal tab compresses just the inside of the mount. So the enforcer helps spread the load across the entire mount. Since the reds are so hard and don't compress at all it isn't an issue with them. Either way.. I guess it can't hurt, and if a red did crack I'm sure the enforcers would help.