PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Music

Tyler
11-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Has anyone heard of Stanton Moore? He is the drummer for the band called Galactic and has been putting out his own music over the past 8 years. Well i was searching through itunes the other night and downloaded one of the free tunes of the week and it was a single from his new cd. I thought it was good so i looked up his name and purchased one of his older albums called All Kooked Out! If you like Jazz Music i'd suggest checking it out,on his newest cd he has Wood from martin,medenski & wood on the album.

bullmand
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Tyler,
I'll take this opportunity to make a shameless plug. I work for one of the best big bands in the country. We have a bunch of stuff available on our website for free and other albums are on iTunes and most other places. You should check it out. Your tax dollars already paid for it, so enjoy :) BTW, we played at West Warwick High School a couple of weeks ago. If this had come up before that you could have seen the group live. On the link below, you want the Jazz Ambassadors stuff. Let me know what you think.

http://www.army.mil/FIELDBAND/pages/listening/downloads.html

J!m
11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I like the MMW stuff, also the older Chick Corea Akoustik band (with Dave Weckel on drums). Recently got into Brad Meldau (might be spelled wrong) who sounds like a young Chick Corea. Very cool stuff.

And lets' not forget the masters: Coaltraine, et al...

upstatenybimmer
11-16-2006, 10:07 PM
hell yeah... stanton moore is a great drummer. i love his new solo work. i actually got a chance to see him at bonnaroo music festival a couple of years back (cant remember if it was 03 or 04).

mmw is another great band... jim, if you like them you should check out the benevento/russo duo.

ahhh the wonderful world of music. the hillbilly that works at my local music store says it best... "just another day in paradise, brother."

J!m
11-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the jazz is definately cool...

I actually was awarded the Louis Armstrong Jazz Award... I was destined to a career in music at one time.

I have done some good gigs, and cut a record (not a Jazz record), but never really got anywhere with that career.