PDA

View Full Version : Only ONE jerk on here!?

USMC318ti
11-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Are there any other jerks on here?
Im on several car forum websites, there is one called www.vadriven.com that
is FILLED with insensitive people who have nothing better
to do than be-riddle other people for pointless reasons.

One of the things I love about 318ti.org is that everyone (for the most part)
is very nice and willing to help with anything.

Been reading around lately, and Im not a big fan of you 1996Bmw318ti.
Not trying to start s***, but you were the straw that broke
my back and i needed to make a point.

This website is here to help people, to share your good times, and
the bad times, when your babies break :(

Thanks to everyone who makes this website a great place to be.

Nick

adempster1
11-18-2006, 05:28 AM
This website is here to help people, to share your good times, and
the bad times, when your babies break :(

Thanks to everyone who makes this website a great place to be.

Nick

Roger that USMC, I learned so much about my TI from 318ti.org thanks to all who try and help out others.

Rhys
11-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm a moderator on here (http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk), and we don't tollerate any trolling/flaming etc. Some people think its moderated too strictly but a lot of people think thats a good thing.

I've always found this forum very freindly and helpful - that's why I come back here even though it's at the other side of the pond.

Rhys http://bavarian-board.co.uk/smileys/beerchug.gif

Tyler
11-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Let's not let this thread get out of hand,all i can see is bad things happening in here. Please don't make me close this .

USMC318ti
11-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Let's not let this thread get out of hand,all i can see is bad things happening in here. Please don't make me close this .

I agree Tyler, it's not so much a complaint thread as it is
a "congradulations" thread on how helpful and friendly this
is 99% of the time.
And compared to alot of other car forums on the web, thats rare.

Rhys
11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
I agree Tyler, it's not so much a complaint thread as it is
a "congradulations" thread on how helpful and friendly this
is 99% of the time.
And compared to alot of other car forums on the web, thats rare.

Yeah, thats what I'm saying :biggrin:
Trouble is some people jump at the slightest thing :wink:

roadrash
11-18-2006, 09:22 PM
all i can see is bad things happening in here. Please don't make me close this .
LOL Maybe I'm missing something, but what on earth are you referring to? I haven't seen ANYthing "bad" happen in this thread. I think the major point is that this thread is lucky to only have the one troll. Sure, that one is annoying, but it can be dealt with, and we're a LOT more fortunate than most forums and bulletin boards.

I, for one, am grateful that this forum exists and am more than willing to put a few trolls on "ignore" if that's what it takes to keep the site useful for me.

JMJ

SlickmisterN
11-18-2006, 09:32 PM
LOL Maybe I'm missing something, but what on earth are you referring to? I haven't seen ANYthing "bad" happen in this thread. I think the major point is that this thread is lucky to only have the one troll. Sure, that one is annoying, but it can be dealt with, and we're a LOT more fortunate than most forums and bulletin boards.

I, for one, am grateful that this forum exists and am more than willing to put a few trolls on "ignore" if that's what it takes to keep the site useful for me.

JMJ

Well spoken roadrash. I thought the plan was to completely ignore him, if for the most part a member has absolutely nothing to contribute to the community, why waste time reading their posts/threads. When I see that name, I just skip it. What's more annoying to the browser is reading people's responses to the fool...It just makes it harder to get through the thread. Out of sight out of mind. This site has been picking up the pace lately, thanks to all those people with a wealth of BMW knowledge who share it in a decent and curtious way!

roadrash
11-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Well spoken roadrash.
Thanks... sometimes I get lucky. :biggrin:

I thought the plan was to completely ignore him,
I don't know if there was ever an actual "plan"... and I seriously doubt that any troll anywhere will ever be completely ignored... heh heh... but I think that's our best course of action. And that applies to not just the current troll, but to future ones as well.

What's more annoying to the browser is reading people's responses to the fool...It just makes it harder to get through the thread.
Yeah, that bugs me too... and that's why it's going to take a "community effort" to accomplish anything.

JMJ

aceyx
11-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Since Hugo's arrived, he's made great advances in forum sociability. Let's not ignore that.

Still a ways to go, but I'm sure everybody could improve somewhere in life.

stormos
11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
PMSL!

1996 328ti
11-18-2006, 11:05 PM
PMSL!I had to look that one up. :)

roadrash
11-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey stormos... for those of us who don't keep up with all the latest acronyms... did you mean this (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pmsl)?

roadrash
11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
I had to look that one up. :)
LOL, er, I mean... PMSLOL...

That's 'cause we're old farts!

JMJ