PDA

View Full Version : How should I go about getting my money back?

BobbyDigital
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure how to go about getting my money back from a member of this forum. I paid him 2 months ago for a PS2 (through PayPal) and have only received excuse after excuse from him.

I may be screwed, PayPal wont let me dispute it through them, I wrote him 10 days ago and finally asked for my money back. I see that he has read the PM but he has not responded.

Is there anything I can do through here? Or am I just SOL?

marleymon
11-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Paypal won't allow a dispute? I think you have a 60 day window.
Who's the member?

kirbykirbykirby3
11-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Only way is to open a dispute for the item thru paypal, Unless you can establish contact with him and he replies. IF you paid by Credit Card/Debit, call your card issuer and reverse the payment, then paypal will take his money back :).

Also, you can pay him a "Personal Visit" since I assume you know his address =D

Show him the mafia style! xD

BobbyDigital
11-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I dont know man, They put me through the whole resolution process and then came back and said that they dont do the resolutions for this type of transaction??? I dont get it. I'm going to try Visa now.

TORJTHM is his screen name.

BobbyDigital
11-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Only way is to open a dispute for the item thru paypal, Unless you can establish contact with him and he replies. IF you paid by Credit Card/Debit, call your card issuer and reverse the payment, then paypal will take his money back :).

Also, you can pay him a "Personal Visit" since I assume you know his address =D

Show him the mafia style! xD

HAHA, I would love to, but he's in CA and I'm in VA.

kirbykirbykirby3
11-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Hehe, Since you paid by Visa, call them up and explain it.

Paypal sometimes is bipolar, (I use it for my ebay), And some winners I get always try to get their money back and such. It really rounds up to the end who approaches the matter first and who does it the most professional way. Now, since he's avoiding you, undermine him and go thru VISA! =D

marleymon
11-18-2006, 09:54 PM
i don't think visa will do anything- I tried once. They'll try to give you half of what you lost.

1996 328ti
11-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Well a similar situation arose not long ago and later we found there was a reason for PMs going unanswered. Being that his last activity was: 10-23-2006 07:43 PM, there might be a problem. not that he ignoring you. I'd contact VISA as well in the meantime.

BobbyDigital
11-18-2006, 10:02 PM
OK thanks, I was hoping you could tell me when his last activity was. However, it does say that my message was read.

kirbykirbykirby3
11-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Yea, Call VISA and explain it. If they do nothing you could always try to pass it off as a unauthorized payment, tho I think that is fraud...not sure.

1996 328ti
11-18-2006, 10:11 PM
OK thanks, I was hoping you could tell me when his last activity was. However, it does say that my message was read.
Just click on their username (http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=3019).