PDA

View Full Version : Wolfmother

L84THSKY
11-22-2006, 09:01 PM
If anyone has heard of these guys, I'm going to see them tonight with my GF. They are playing Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhatten.

Karen also bought the new CD by a band named "Muse". This CD is amazing; I was blown away. Think I'm gonna buy all three of there albums eventually.

pnosker
11-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh nice, I love Muse!! Wolfmother isn't bad either. I have all the Muse albums ;) if you know what I mean.

L84THSKY
11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I took a liking to Muse immediately, Wolfmother....not so much. Wolfmother rips off so many bands, it's fun just counting.

Oh nice, I love Muse!! Wolfmother isn't bad either. I have all the Muse albums ;) if you know what I mean.

pnosker
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't say WM rips them off, though I definitely like Muse much more.

If you want the Muse albums, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do ;).

aceyx
11-22-2006, 11:16 PM
A friend of mine is going to that show.

BTW, Manhattan (sorry, pet peeve of mine).

upstatenybimmer
11-22-2006, 11:31 PM
yeah Wolfmother is another one of those nostalgia rock n roll bands... in the same group as Jet.

Muse is pretty damn good too. I hear alot of Radiohead influence, especially on their new album.

check out The Mars Volta... they are a weird heavy alternative rock band with a really psychadelic Santana influence.

L84THSKY
11-23-2006, 04:19 PM
I noticed the same thing after listening to Wolfmother. They are very nostalgic band, just like Jet. I counted how many songs Jet ripped off on there debut album. Both band are are a trio from Australia.

My GF is a big Radiohead fan, so she says Muse sounds like Radiohead. Her and I are from different musical generations, so Wolfmother sounds like my generation, and Muse like hers.

The show was very good, but the two opening acts really sounded terrible.

yeah Wolfmother is another one of those nostalgia rock n roll bands... in the same group as Jet.

Muse is pretty damn good too. I hear alot of Radiohead influence, especially on their new album.

check out The Mars Volta... they are a weird heavy alternative rock band with a really psychadelic Santana influence.

L84THSKY
11-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I pretty much downloaded the two earlier albums, just missing a few songs. Thanks anyway.

I wouldn't say WM rips them off, though I definitely like Muse much more.

If you want the Muse albums, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do ;).

bikern8
11-23-2006, 05:49 PM
They are a fun band, play loud.