PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard of QTEC???

Viper3812
12-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I know someone with a WRX who has one and it comes right after the header. You push a button or flip a switch and the pipes change and more power is released. Looks like its possible for any car unless I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

HuGo
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
How much horses and torque?

mohaughn
12-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Basically lets you run as if you were only using headers with no piping... I would guess it is completely illegal in every state and at most racing events that have noise limits. It would be really loud, and I'm not sure how much of a gain you would get. You don't really get that much using a high flow muffler and cat. I wouldn't see this being a huge gain for our cars.

kelso
12-02-2006, 01:39 AM
will, no, dont even think about it. i think this would be great for a turbo car, like LD's WRX, but not so much for our 1.8 liters of N/A fury. its completely pointless on an engine like ours

DustenT
12-02-2006, 05:55 PM
will, no, dont even think about it. i think this would be great for a turbo car, like LD's WRX, but not so much for our 1.8 liters of N/A fury. its completely pointless on an engine like ours

Yep, only good for turbo cars, as dumping to atmosphere will net at least 20hp on almost any FI car.

Keach
12-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I've only seen it applied to cars with turbos. No practical application on our cars. Did make a friend's eclipse extremely load when he opened it up.

Shaggy
12-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah I know what it is. My friend has a Dodge Stealth R/T twin turbo (a very fast car) and its actually called active exhaust on his car and it opens up the exhausts for extra power, not exactly sure how much power it gives you though.

kelso
12-11-2006, 02:49 AM
no thats different, a lot of car manufacturers have exhaust pipes that open up after certain rpm's. QTEC is a switch you flip that opens up a different exhaust pipe that ends immediatly, which is usually right after the header... so its like running around with no exhaust past the headers