PDA

View Full Version : Oxigen sensor PROBLEM!!!! HELP!!!!

FATHER
12-07-2006, 03:39 AM
:biggrin: Hi guys, recently i have a problem with my Oxigen sensors, i not know much english so i want to try...

1. When i finish my supercharger intallation and the tranny swap i install two bosch universal sensors http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160051388738 , also i buy want to my friend Milton for him 1993 OBD1 3251.

2. The BMW mechanic explai to us that we need to connect the sensors color to color, two whites to the heater circuit, one black ( i think ground) and one grey (signal), so we did the work three times for the two cars( to in mine because is OBD2)

3.The two cars have a checkengine ligths with the same codes, fault in the heater circuit of the sensor( in my case the two sensors) and bad sensor( inmy case the two sensor) The mechanis explain to us that he think the sensors are good but it have probles with the heater circuit and because that also have the bad sensor code, he said that in the pass he have the same preoblem with the universal sensors and now he use only oem...

questions::

1. Any of yours have the same problem??
2. How much is the price of the sensors??
3.If posible that the i connect the white cables bad three times?!?!?!
4.Why me??????

Also i have a idea about the sensos and i need opinion, remember is only idea.. in the OBd2 setup we have two sensor, one before to change the mix and other efter to monitoring the reults of the cat converter, in my case i delete the cat converter, so i have a a/f gauge connected to the first sensor, if posible delete the second sensor from the ECU and use it only for the gauge(a/f but wide band next in january)if is yes , how i do that??? if is no... WHY???

Thanks for read friends:biggrin:

pdxmotorhead
12-07-2006, 04:29 AM
Your second sensor will throw a code without the cat. The trick is to use a cat delete device that fools the ECU into thinking all is well with the second sensor..For best results any way. You may be able to get a OBDII reflash that deletes the second O2 as a required signal.

The BMW O2 is a standard O2 but it is at the high end of the scale for its class. its a very very good sensor for a non wide band one.

Your fighting the core design of the system. so it will take gymnastics to get around it...

Good Luck

Dave

FATHER
12-07-2006, 04:38 AM
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/OxygenSensors/PlanarO2

I have two of this sensor on my car, i understan the secon sensor code because i have not cat, but why the first sensro code???if the sensor is new!!!!