PDA

View Full Version : Just starting to get informed, but looking forward to a purchase

Zyzzyx
12-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Heya folks, been reading the forums for a few days now. I like having an active online community to hang out with, learn from, and help out. My current drive is an '89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo. A bit of an oddball, but has a good, small part of the Mitsu community over at www.4g61t.org

I remember when the 318ti was new, thinking at the time that I'd keep an eye on those for future purchase, when they were a bit used, and a bit more affordable. Well, the time has come. My '89 Mirage is starting to show its age. And while its a damn fun car, with some good go-fast potential, and I'd love to fix it up, I'd also like something with a bit more cargo room. That, and the parents had a '77 530i and then an '88 528e when I was growing up. Oh, and dad's '74 2002, a great daily driver that saw the autocross course every chance possible. So I'm familiar with the special something of BMWs, and looking forward to learning more about them. And then getting one.

I'm not too interested in having to fly anywhere to pick one up, so that kinda restricts me to the NW region. What's the market like for 318tis up here? I'm guessing that most will be found in Portland or Seattle.

I've yet to learn what the various options are, but I know a couple things I do and don't want. Don't want the California roof, would rather not have a regular sunroof either. Don't want a red car, and preferably not black, but I love silver, blue, or green. (BMW had a great dark forest green in the early-mid 90's, was the ti available in that?) But the biggest thing, its gotta be a 5 speed, no automatic here. I've got my other car if'n I wanna drive an automatic, a big ol' beast of a 1971 Dodge Coronet station wagon.

So, if you'll excuse me for a bit, I'll be over reading 'The ti Companion'.

Z

3DGE
12-13-2006, 10:04 AM
here ye go!

http://portland.craigslist.org/search/car?query=bmw%20318ti

Also try autotrader.com and carsoup.com

Zyzzyx
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Cool. I've been looking at stuff on Autotrader, that's where I found my Mirage about five years ago. I always forget about Craigslist as I never really used it, and never heard of Carsoup.