PDA

View Full Version : FMU

FATHER
12-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, i have a 1997 TI, i need to know if the FMU is mounted after or before of oem fuel regulator, my car the regulator under the car
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CG73&mospid=47506&btnr=16_0203&hg=16&fg=15

so , have a lot of space to mount the FMU before the fuel regulator, but in all web i can read a instruction to mount it after, any of your have a 1997TI supercharger with FMU before???

DustenT
12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
That will be fine.

mooseheadm5
12-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Mount it AFTER the fuel rail. If you mount it before the fuel rail, the stock FPR will regulate the pressure, not the FMU. You can mount it anywhere in the line that goes between the fuel rail and the stock FPR IF your car was built after 1/97. If your original FPR is on the fuel rail (up to 1/97,) you MUST put it after the original FPR.
-Paul

DustenT
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi guys, i have a 1997 TI, i need to know if the FMU is mounted after or before of oem fuel regulator, my car the regulator under the car
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CG73&mospid=47506&btnr=16_0203&hg=16&fg=15

so , have a lot of space to mount the FMU before the fuel regulator, but in all web i can read a instruction to mount it after, any of your have a 1997TI supercharger with FMU before???

Correct, on a post 1-1997 built 318ti, the FMU needs to go between the fuel rail and the factory FPR. FATHER has his AFTER the factory FPR now, so it's not going to hurt to plumb it in before.

I'll check my fuel pressure with and without vacuum later tonight and post for you FATHER.

FATHER
12-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Hi guys, thanks for help, today i install the FMU after the fuel rail and before the OEM regulator (my car is 9/97) but not work, the fuel presure never pass the 50psi, so i supose i have a bad part on the oem mount piece, so i go back and install an aftermarker bosch adjustable fuel regulator after rail and before fmu,those work fine. I think about Hugo's setup, i think him TI have the same problem because the first time i install my kit i have the same situation, lean mixture with boost( i not feel boost like him), i'm 90% sure that Hugo repair the situation with an aftermarker regulator after the rail and then the FMU. Also i delete the oem regulator piece and put new pressure hoses.

FATHER
12-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Some pictures of my actual setup and the TI, look for the aftermarker regulator, FMU, and yhe custom rail, also look the Mustang 19# injectors

FATHER
12-14-2006, 03:35 AM
More pictures

FATHER
12-14-2006, 03:38 AM
More and more

FATHER
12-14-2006, 03:41 AM
The last four

FATHER
12-14-2006, 03:47 AM
sorry people i know i put some pictures that are out of theme, but look on some pictures the aftermarker fuel regulator, then the FMU. Dustent, when you have the numbers please tell me to set my regulator to oem numbers. thanks

DustenT
12-14-2006, 05:44 AM
sorry people i know i put some pictures that are out of theme, but look on some pictures the aftermarker fuel regulator, then the FMU. Dustent, when you have the numbers please tell me to set my regulator to oem numbers. thanks

Errr....forgot....let me run out there.....

17.5 in/hg of vacuum with vacuum line connected to aftermarket (DASC) FMU, 16 in/hg with NO vacuum line connect to aftermarket FMU and stock fuel pressure regulator.

FATHER
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Dustent thanks but i need the fuel presure in psi, i not understant your numbers, i need the stock fuel presure numbers, first with vacum atach and the other without vacum

DustenT
12-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Dustent thanks but i need the fuel presure in psi, i not understant your numbers, i need the stock fuel presure numbers, first with vacum atach and the other without vacum

Vacuum is measured in inches/mercury. Pressure is measured in PSI. If you have a normal boost gauge, it should read in in/hg at vacuum.

FATHER
12-14-2006, 09:29 PM
yes, i know, but i talk about my fuel pressure gauge, is mounted on my engine bay, but i install a new fuel regulator and i need to set it at oem numbers, for now i put it to 40psi with the vacuum atached

DustenT
12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
yes, i know, but i talk about my fuel pressure gauge, is mounted on my engine bay, but i install a new fuel regulator and i need to set it at oem numbers, for now i put it to 40psi with the vacuum atached

I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for vacuum with and without the RRFPR installed hooked up. I'll check and post later.

DustenT
12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Ok, here it is:

With full vacuum (17.5 in/Hg) I have 35psi of fuel pressure.
With zero vacuum (0 in/Hg) I have 65psi of fuel pressure.
With full boost (9 psi) I have 85psi of fuel pressure.

I hope that helps.

FATHER
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
thanks for the number Dustent, hey today i install a music system on my friends 2004 Civic SI, he have a apexi to control the V-tech he explain me that is it very useful on force induction system, what you think, is easy to install and setup, how much i gain??

DustenT
12-18-2006, 01:25 AM
thanks for the number Dustent, hey today i install a music system on my friends 2004 Civic SI, he have a apexi to control the V-tech he explain me that is it very useful on force induction system, what you think, is easy to install and setup, how much i gain??

I think this is the best thing to use to control fuel only:
http://ackthud.com/shawnfogg/fuelupgrade.htm

Here is a write up on another install:
http://www.m42club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing one of these power commanders and playing with the tune. There is a guy on bf.c that is willing to share the tune he is using with others. Maybe this will be my christmas present to myself. :)

nuvolarossa
12-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I think this is the best thing to use to control fuel only:
http://ackthud.com/shawnfogg/fuelupgrade.htm

Here is a write up on another install:
http://www.m42club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing one of these power commanders and playing with the tune. There is a guy on bf.c that is willing to share the tune he is using with others. Maybe this will be my christmas present to myself. :)

Hi Dustent... I'm thinking to buy it too:biggrin:
But if I buy it it's only for remove the RRFPR and go with big injectors at low pressure (3bar). 90psi of pressure is very high...:redface:
Do you have the adapters for big injectors? Technique Tuning sells them? pics

What's your fuel setup? You have big pulley with RRFPR and oem ECU map? How are AFR readings?
I wanted to talk of it on bimmerforums in that 318ti roll call thread... but I haven't a 318ti and haven't a DASC, but is similar....:cool:
so I've PM'ed Clubsportcohort and we've talked about PCIII...
the maps between M42 and M44 will be a bit differents.
Can I meet you to talk in that thread or it's better to start a new thread only for manage fuel with boosted M4x?
bye

FATHER
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks Dustent, also if Santa send to you one of those, please take one for me...jejej is christmas

DustenT
12-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Dustent... I'm thinking to buy it too:biggrin:
But if I buy it it's only for remove the RRFPR and go with big injectors at low pressure (3bar). 90psi of pressure is very high...:redface:
Do you have the adapters for big injectors? Technique Tuning sells them? pics

What's your fuel setup? You have big pulley with RRFPR and oem ECU map? How are AFR readings?
I wanted to talk of it on bimmerforums in that 318ti roll call thread... but I haven't a 318ti and haven't a DASC, but is similar....:cool:
so I've PM'ed Clubsportcohort and we've talked about PCIII...
the maps between M42 and M44 will be a bit differents.
Can I meet you to talk in that thread or it's better to start a new thread only for manage fuel with boosted M4x?
bye

I'll start a new thread on this site. We can cross post in the bf.c FI section if we can't get questions worked out on here.

EDIT: Let's move the Power Commander III discussion here: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13653