PDA

View Full Version : DASC 10psi pulley needed!

DRMblack7
12-30-2006, 08:03 PM
Evening chaps!
Trying to find a 10 psi pulley for a dasc, read the faq bit which reconmends the IAAS pulley only thing is, the links not workings to the web site or its moved somwhere. Am I correct that ZeroG the guy behined IAAS?
Any help would be very apperiated.

I'm sourcing parts at the mo for the dasc install in feb.
So far I've got a spare DME and AFM on the car making sure its ok before its sent off to NickG.
Spending a few days a work next week putting a new clutch in, wipping the head off do a bit of valve lapping and cleaning, then she'll be ready for the charger WoHoooo lol

Regards Dave

DustenT
12-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Here you go: http://pulleyboys.com/index.php?pag=10-3

Contact Chad (ZeroG) to find out which pulley you need, he seems to be the DASC pulley expert. :wink:

DRMblack7
12-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Superb! Thanks for the quick reply.
I see on your car your running a 3.6" pulley running at 9.5psi which sounds pretty spot on, is yours still running the water injection? if so whats the install like ie plumming and setting it up?
erm while I rambling lol does the e30 318 flywheel take the standard 318is e36 clutch kit.

Thanks!

DustenT
12-30-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not running water injection any more. I had an incident with some denatured alcohol stripping the coatings off of my supercharger, so I removed the WI and had my supercharger rebuilt at superchargertech.com. I AM running a lot of fuel, almost 95psi at full boost. While this isn't the ideal setup, it works for me. :)

If you run water injection, I would recommend running it after the blower. Some people will argue that it's ok or even better to run it before the blower. In my experience, I wouldn't. The seals on the supercharger are not designed to see water/methanol vapor and there is a chance that you can damage the bearing and rotors over time.

It's ok and safe to run regular washer fluid. Here is a picture of my old setup. :)

http://180customs.net/v-web/gallery/albums/BMW/WaterInjectionExplanation.sized.jpg

does the e30 318 flywheel take the standard 318is e36 clutch kit.

Thanks!

I'll check. I should post all my tranny swap part numbers too. I'll post when I have a chance to dig through my receipts.

DRMblack7
12-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Cheers for that! I did read a while back the problems you had with alcohol stripping the coating. not sure if i need to to go down the water injection route yet still contemplating. we only have a few days of summer over here lol.
back on topic slightly. I was working on a BMW Mini diesel the other day and noticed it had a real nice metal idler pulley. I read somwhere that with the dasc fitted they can knock out the plastic idler pulleys and people have been fitting the mazda metal one which is slightly too small. well the mini diesel one looks the same size as the oem plastic bmw one except its metal! going to borrow one of a sales car next week and measure it up properly. I'll let u guys no what I find.