PDA

View Full Version : Confused, may have E30 parts.

JPerfect
01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok, well... not so recently, i was in an accident and i had to replace the driver's side rear end. From the half-shaft, to the rear control arm, etc. So i bought some parts from a junkyard, and was going to do it myself, but i was very busy with school and work and such, so I had it done by a mechanic down the street. So since then, I've had problems. He stole my old parts, I noticed the wheel itself was 1/4" farther out than the passenger side, etc. The car ran fine, however, so I just used it. Noticed also that he had put a rotor on that had more rust than metal... overall bad situation.

So recently, I bought rotors and brakes from a dealership, and they don't fit on the driver's side. The rotor itself is 1/4" shorter than the old crappy one, and therefore doesn't fit on the hub. My question is, could it be an E30 trailing arm assembly that I bought? Also, if it is, could I swap the hub with a 318ti hub easily? I mean, both sides look pretty Identical, but i have measured, and the driver's side hub is sin fact a quarter inch farther out than the driver's side. I'm guessing it's a quarter inch larger, literally.

I know a lot of you guys have experience with E30 cars and such, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

marleymon
01-07-2007, 09:51 PM
i'd try a rotor for the e30 before trying to replace the hub.

Bluebimma
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
i thought e30s were 4-lugs

JPerfect
01-07-2007, 10:11 PM
4 lug... good point.

Through the years, did 318ti's change their hubs?

What other cars with a trailing arm suspension could these parts be from?

Bluebimma
01-07-2007, 10:14 PM
What car did you get the trailing arm off of and what year?

JPerfect
01-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I got it from a junkyard, it said 95' ti, but who knows.

JPerfect
01-07-2007, 10:26 PM
What i'm gonna do when the weather is favorable, is take both hubs off the rear of the car, and compare them. If the driver's side one is in fact bigger, I'm going to see if the passenger side one fits on that side, and if it does, just buy another one. Not sure if I'll need a new wheel bearing at this point.