PDA

View Full Version : Hey UK people!

newagecustoms
01-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey whats up guys, I need some help here (nothing related to TI's except that we all have one). My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to UK this summer because a trip to germany to visit my family fell through, I know nothing about UK and things to do there, could anyone help? I know she def. wants to go to Dublin and London, but what else is there to do for acouple in their early 20's? Just a few ideas to help me plan.
Thank you in advance,
Gordon (newagecustoms)
Oklahoma, USA

Mallard
01-15-2007, 10:21 PM
he he, firstly , hope for good weather :lol:

seriously though ;) , central london is a must, to see piccadilly circus, trafalgar square, and catch some of the london nightlife

tbh, as long as your pocket´s fat , you shouldnt have any probs ;)

newagecustoms
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
How is the weather during the summer time, say June or July? It can't be very bad compared to the hell we have in Oklahoma (some days I think the hell part is literal when the temp gets up to 115F :flamed: )

Mallard
01-15-2007, 11:07 PM
lol, well on a good day you can see up to about 22-28 o Celcius, not sure in farenheit :oops:

june and july are notorious for freak rain showers though :( , august/september is i think the most enjoyable time of the year

it was when i went fishing the most anyway :D

oakley
01-15-2007, 11:13 PM
well to start decide where ud rather see..london or dublin coz there too different islands!! sooo unless ya spending alot of time over here on ya hols ur not really gonna have enough time to see both! If ya wanna see beautiful scenary London sucks! (soz to any Londoners..no offense but im sure u'll all agree its hell!) Head to Edinburgh stunning scenary just google it an u'll see..nothing quite like walking the high street shopping then looking up and seein a huge castle above u.. i love it..(plus i was born there!)

newagecustoms
01-16-2007, 07:48 AM
yeah, we plan on two weeks or so. We want to see alittle bit of everything. My trip to germany is still in the air, It's UK or Germany. I have family in Büdingen which is by Frankfurt and was going to make it a 2-3 week trip around germany because she has never been. It's the same for us with UK, she has been and I have not. All I know is that she also wants to go to France and I can't stand the french, so thanks for your help guys.

btw mallard, it's 115 F= 83C
so for me i guess it's 54F to 60F , I can deal with that.

CirrusSR22
01-16-2007, 08:05 AM
115F = 46C. 83C = Instant death :D

To the OP, I planned a trip to Europe this fall, and while doing some research, rental cars everywhere in Europe were quite expensive EXCEPT Ireland for some reason. Ireland was super cheap! Just a heads up if you really end up going to Dublin.

Panzer_M
01-16-2007, 11:35 AM
next time i fly over it's going to be for the War&Peace Armour/Military show at Bovington(Sp). Finally get to see the Early Tiger they finished restoring up close. Plus get some photos of the KonigTiger(p)(Porsche Turret) displayed there.

albi901
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Get yourself down the south coast, cornwall or devon have some really nice place to visit.

St.Ives is s'posed 2 b real nice but i aint been there 4 years

You could go portsmouth, southhampton, torquay (the english riviera), brighton aint 2 far from london......any of these places should be nice if the weathers good :cool:

dont go2 wales.......full of sheep and it always rains :biggrin:

bristol is a cool place :cool:

as we say down south..............'its grim oop north' but i've heard newcastle is alreet! If you go 2 liverpool or manchester then your likely 2 get robbed :eek:

oakley
01-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Panzer..correct spelling...really odd to hear people talk about where I live!! Bovington is like the smallest village in the world..if u blink whilst driving through ur gonna miss it cant believe u'v heard of it in the states!!..it doesnt even have a convienience store...an the only bar is full of squadies...not te place to start a fight!!
Newquays nice..where i grew up..its Englands surf town if ya into the beaches...

newagecustoms
01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
115F = 46C. 83C = Instant death :D

To the OP, I planned a trip to Europe this fall, and while doing some research, rental cars everywhere in Europe were quite expensive EXCEPT Ireland for some reason. Ireland was super cheap! Just a heads up if you really end up going to Dublin.

oh yeah....haha, I guess I should have looked for the conversion before I put my foot in my mouth! :tongue:
I honestly don't understand why the US does not use Celcius like most everyone else.

ipswich318ti
01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
well im from ipswich sod all here really

london is a nice place to go alot to do there

devon and cornwall are nice especially the moores to drive through

wales is hilly lol and it rains too much there

scotland very nice place

ireland well ull have a long swim to get there from the uk

we have a few places with castles which is allways nice to see
colchester,norwich ect

oakley
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
dont forget to mention the serial killers ipswich :)

ipswich318ti
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
well only one of those and he aint here

he is in norwich prison i think

Rhys
01-19-2007, 01:06 AM
No one mention York? Full of history lots of landmarks (minster, bar walls, most haunted city in europe etc.)

Have a wander to here. (http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/default.asp) might get a few more ideas, specialy on Ireland and Scotland (love Scotland myself - especialy the west coast - Mull, Fort William etc.)

gambit
01-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Come to Manchester city for a weekend its better than London believe me.....people are so much friendlier.