PDA

View Full Version : Stromung group buy

weezer
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
I spoke to Scott at Stromung on Friday, and asked if I could gather up some people for a group buy.
If I can get at least 5 people here, I will contact him and get exact cost.
Currently, it is listed at $475.00 on Understeer.com
Thanks,
Fariz

Hessom
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
How will need to pay?

mohaughn
01-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I've been looking to pick up a used exhaust as I don't plan on needing it for more than another year or so.. But if you can get a really good deal on both the price and the shipping for a stromung I could be interested. It will probably be easier to judge interest if you know the price and shipping costs up front. I'm not going to commit to it if it is still 450$ and 80$ to ship.

weezer
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm going to contact Scott this afternoon and get details from him on how to proceed. I'm hoping to get less than $400, If i can get at least 5 or more buyers.
I will also find out how much for shipping and hopefully we can just pay him directly.
Thanks for the interest.

Philly
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
PM sent with a few questions for scott...
if all sounds good, count me in indefinitly...

also, last i heard from understeer was shipping was $85.. and thats to atlantic canada... so it must be cheaper for your americanos

Shaggy
01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
If you guys give me about 2 weeks I will definatly be in. Right now i'm kinda short on cash.

weezer
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
This is an exploratory thread, so far I've seen 2, maybe 3 people interested including myself. So, it won't be finalized until I can absolutely tell Scott @ Stromung that I have at least 5-10 buyers to make it worth his while. Stromung exhausts are made to order, so it's not like they have a stack of them stored in the warehouse, they have to literally put them together. Remember, this exhaust is a one piece constriction, not like other exhausts where it comes in 2 (two) pieces. Two piece construction has the possibility of rusting faster at the connecting joints.

buddhajono
01-24-2007, 04:56 PM
count me in if it's less than 400 and less than 85 to montreal for shipping

marko
01-24-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm interested... for a good price that is.

also, the 'made to order' bit - does that mean I could get/order one WITHOUT the tip?
kinda looking for that totally 'sleeper' look, just an end pipe coming out the back (like the Techtonics systems for some VeeDubs)...

asking cause Bavarian Auto. would not do it for me....

lastly, how would we pay??

This is an exploratory thread, so far I've seen 2, maybe 3 people interested including myself. So, it won't be finalized until I can absolutely tell Scott @ Stromung that I have at least 5-10 buyers to make it worth his while. Stromung exhausts are made to order, so it's not like they have a stack of them stored in the warehouse, they have to literally put them together. Remember, this exhaust is a one piece constriction, not like other exhausts where it comes in 2 (two) pieces. Two piece construction has the possibility of rusting faster at the connecting joints.

biker32
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
ya i think a group buy would be great.... for me it just depends on payment method.... i dont want to be out around $400 because my money didnt make it to stromung

weezer
01-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm trying to set up this group buy in a way that all the money will go directly to Stromung, not me. I definitely do not want to be responsible for other people's money. Shipping to each individual will be up to Scott at Stromung. Unfortunately for Canada buyers, any purchased items in the US will get a hefty border fees, etc. So I can't guarantee a "great" price for Canadian buyers.
I hope this helps.

pnosker
01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I hear you... it's hard working the way I am on the HID GB... only 1/3 of the people have paid me so far.

Shaggy
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Hold on a second, would I still be able to be in the group buy even though I will be getting a 318i exhaust which is about $70 more than the 318ti exhaust?

weezer
01-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Sorry, I'm in discussion with Scott at Stromung specifically about the 318TI exhaust.

ChItalian1027
01-26-2007, 12:42 AM
hey weezer i might be interested but i to want to know how to pay. thanks for setting this up dude!! i didn't want to pay $535! way expensive for my budget!

Frank02
01-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Sounds good. I'm also interested.

losichu
01-26-2007, 03:19 AM
I would also be interested. When is this going to all go down?

HuGo
01-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I just have a few questions....

1 This is a catback exhaust right?

2 What would be the difference between this exhaust and the one i have on my car(besides sound)?

3 As we know i have the DASC and i hear that a catback exhaust is good for FI. But whats the exact difference between stromung and one i have that would make this one better?

4 Where exactly does this exhaust start to connect from?

5 Does the exhaust sound different from a NA car to a DASC car?

6 Whats the stock pipe size and whats the stromung pipe size?

Heres a reference pic of my exhaust. I know it looks like crap so lets not talk sh!t about the exhaust and kinda help me out cuz im interested if a good difference gain is reasonable. I like the deep sound my exhaust makes so i hope its similar as well.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/DSCF0484.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/E36TI/DSCF0482.jpg

pnosker
01-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Since you have FI, you should see a modest gain from a stock exhaust. Not sure what the backpressure of your current one is or the tuning of the pressures is either, so depends. It shouldn't hurt though.

az95318ti
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM
I would be interested too, ive been trying to get a used exhaust, but the two guys i have been talking too havent gotten back to me yet. if its a good price count me in!

kelso
01-28-2007, 05:45 AM
i would be interested but until i see more finalized plans, im not comitting yet(other bills and stuff, depends when this happens)

question #3- generally speaking you want a big free flowing exhaust for turbo cars, backpressure is not something you want to add . although for NA and S/C cars like the DASC ones forexample, you do want the backpressure of a smaller exhaust. im not saying smaller is better, dont confuse it, im just saying that you dont really want a "big" exhaust
question 5- the exhaust shouldnt really sound much different, its the other noise coming from the front end of the car thats different

ekkoech
01-28-2007, 12:51 PM
count me in too. I can pick stock at bavauto for 334. if the price is under $400 I wnat in too

weezer
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay....I just set-up a payment procedure with Scott @ Stromung; I will get and set-up everybody's Credit Card info on an excel sheet by PM-ing me. I will email this information to Scott and each credit card will be charged as systems goes out for shipping. Scott is also going to estimate and hopefully succeed in getting good shipping deal.
Does this sound okay with everyone?
I know so far there are 6-7 interested buyers?
I'm trying to get as many as 10. If this set-up is unacceptable, let me know how what is best.
Thanks again,
Fariz

Philly
01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Not that i don't trust you or anything.. but im not comfortable with giving you my CC #.. or even giving out my CC # on the internet in general...
Id prefer to give it to Scott direct over the phone when all is finalized.

Have we been given a price yet for 'X' amount of buyers yet?
5 buyers price?
10 buyers price?
etc.

Im no good for the buy until at least the 15th of Feb.

weezer
01-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Scott called me back this afernoon to give me the group buy price of $400.00, plus shipping. I told Scott, after "guesstimating", the number of interested parties on this Forum of Eleven (11) persons. I told him, that whether all will actually take the final step will be up to you guys.
I am comfortable with however payment system all of us come up with, but as Scott puts it, we have to come up with one system to make it easier on their end. Since the systems will have to be constructed before leaving for shipment, he will need about 1-2 weeks lead time for each system to go out his door.
He currently has 2 systems in stock and ready to go, so let's come up with a consensus on how to set-up the payment method.
You can all call me between 9-5 EST Mon-Fri at my work number
(800) 296-8850 ext.229
I can give you Scott's contact number also to confirm this deal, if any of you have any doubts about my intent.
I hope to hear from soon
Fariz (freeze)

Frank02
01-31-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm still in. Let me know how you decide to collect the money. Is there any way we can use PayPal?

HuGo
01-31-2007, 01:11 AM
Okay....I just set-up a payment procedure with Scott @ Stromung; I will get and set-up everybody's Credit Card info on an excel sheet by PM-ing me. I will email this information to Scott and each credit card will be charged as systems goes out for shipping. Scott is also going to estimate and hopefully succeed in getting good shipping deal.
I'm trying to get as many as 10. If this set-up is unacceptable, let me know how what is best.
Thanks again,
Fariz

LoL, i dont think so. Its better for you to do what i did for the DASC GB. Get everyones info as in name, phone, car set-up, and address going to, then give it to scott. And all we have to do is just call scott and be like heres my payment cuz you have already done everything else so all we do is just call to pay.

Either way, count me out. I already have an aftermarket exhaust in my car and i doubt putting this one will make any difference anyway. Ill just use the 450 for either my new paint job, or the stage 3 software.

Good Luck Guys.

weezer
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
We could also do it that way......just give me your info: name, billing/shipping address sans Credit Card number. I will submit that to Scott @ Stromung and each one will call with their Credit Card numbers.
AND PLEASE.......I WANT TO HEAR FROM INTERESTED BUYERS ONLY!
No disrespect to you, Hugo. I will wait until we get up to 10 to get that $400 price plus shipping. From the last count, I saw 11 "interested" buyers.
Thanks again for your interest.
Fariz

Philly
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
im 100% positive im in.. said that from day one...
but like mentioned, i have no spare change til the 15th of the month..

if we can wait that long maybe we can get a few more buyers..
and being the second 'absolute gaurenteed'.. i wouldn't mind getting one of the 2 systems that are ready to rumble ;)

weezer
01-31-2007, 02:37 PM
im 100% positive im in.. said that from day one...
but like mentioned, i have no spare change til the 15th of the month..

if we can wait that long maybe we can get a few more buyers..
and being the second 'absolute gaurenteed'.. i wouldn't mind getting one of the 2 systems that are ready to rumble ;)

It will go down as soon as everyone PMs me with their info:
Name, Address, phone number.
I will submit the names on my sheet to Scott at Stromung, and each one of those names on the list will have to call Stromung for their Credit Card info. No one has come forward yet.
So, I would say you have a little more time......:smile:

marko
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
so, 400 + shipping, correct? how much for the 'improved' shipping rate (if already posted, sorry I missed it)? also, can I get one WITHOUT the tip - just a plain END PIPE coming out the back??

as for payment (if I should decide to go for the exhaust), I would probably preffer to speak to you in person... but then how would you convey all our CC info to Scott? email? phone? sorry to harp on this, just kinda nervous about the the whole CC thing...

Thanks again,
Fariz

marko
01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
YES, Paypal would be great, if an option! I'd vote for Paypal... does Stromung/Scott have a Paypal acct?

I'm still in. Let me know how you decide to collect the money. Is there any way we can use PayPal?

weezer
01-31-2007, 03:40 PM
It will go down as soon as everyone PMs me with their info:
Name, Address, phone number.
I will submit the names on my sheet to Scott at Stromung, and each one of those names on the list will have to call Stromung for their Credit Card info. No one has come forward yet.
So, I would say you have a little more time......:smile:

Ordering procedure as quoted.
Thanks

marko
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
just sent you my info... so when is this gonna go down, again?

Ordering procedure as quoted.
Thanks

weezer
01-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Like I said in my previous 2 replies; I will submit the information as soon as I receive information from all the interested buyers: last count there are 11 interested buyers. Marko, you are the first one to submit.
To get that pricing, Scott will need 10 buyers.

mohaughn
01-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm actually hoping to get a used one right now. Trying to get it shipped to me is a problem though. If you guys end up at like 8 or 9 and this other exhaust still hasn't happened I'll jump in to pick up the slack. I think a lot of people may have been hoping for less than 480$ though.

weezer
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I know that Chris @ Understeer offers $475 plus shipping and that's with him losing a lot of Margin/profit.
We're getting these straight from Stromung $400 plus shipping.
I guess, I would prefer to buy a quality muffler and I think $400 is nothing compared to some other ones offered in the $500s.
You can all give me a call at my work number if there are any hesitation:
800 296 8850 ext.229
I hope we can go forward with this GB.
Thanks again,
Fariz (Freeze)

marko
01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
shipping charge from understeer is 35 bucks, I think... I'm hoping scott can do better (GB & all)...

I know that Chris @ Understeer offers $475 plus shipping and that's with him losing a lot of Margin/profit.
We're getting these straight from Stromung $400 plus shipping.
I guess, I would prefer to buy a quality muffler and I think $400 is nothing compared to some other ones offered in the $500s.
You can all give me a call at my work number if there are any hesitation:
800 296 8850 ext.229
I hope we can go forward with this GB.
Thanks again,
Fariz (Freeze)

weezer
01-31-2007, 08:33 PM
I have 2 (two) buyers who have PM-ed me with their info:
Marko and Frank. So that makes three including myself.
When PM-ing me with your info, don't forget to also include your phone number.
Seven (7) more and we're in.

weezer
02-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I remember counting about 11 "interested" people to buy this exhaust.
Now I only have 2.........:cool:
Let me know about hesitations, and if there is any other way you want me to do this? I'll be happy to entertain your ideas to make this happen.
Thanks again for your interest,
Fariz

losichu
02-01-2007, 04:19 AM
I haven't gotten underneath the car to confirm the suspicion that my car has an exhaust leak, and since I don't repair them, I will be in. My wife can't see me spending money on something that isn't broken when I have a child on the way. I'm interested, just hoping for some kind of miracle (asking parents for a "favor" at this point).

weezer
02-01-2007, 02:56 PM
losichu, be sure to PM me with your information to be included on the list: Name, address, phone, email is optional. With email they can probably send you a tracking and confirmation number.
Thanks for your interest.
Fariz

weezer
02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I spoke with Scott again yesterday to ask him if I could get a couple of pictures of the ones he currently has assembled by Monday.
I'm hoping that this will convince those who have yet to send me their information. Currently, there are 4 (four) including myself on the list and I promised Scott that I could gather up about 10 (ten) to get the agreed pricing.
So, hopefully after the pictures are posted, those of you who have expressed interest will send PM me for their info and we will can go forward.
I hope to hear from all of you soon.

losichu
02-03-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm out. Nobody is willing to support me, and since I don't have an exhaust leak anywhere (just a huge vacuum leak behind the intake), then I must decline. Sorry if this messes up the numbers, I really thought I would be able to join in.

weezer
02-03-2007, 05:03 PM
As soon as I post pictures, I will wait until the end of February to either go ahead or cancel the group buy. I will need at least 10 buyers for Scott to make it happen, as the price of steel has gone up by 20% at the beginning of this year.
What Chris is selling at Understeer are exhausts he stocked/purchased and hasn't sold/moved. The Retail price that Scott originally gave me was $539.00 for a completely new exhaust. He was willing to flange the center part to make it into 2 pieces to make shipping and installation cheaper/easier.
So, after many discussions that seemed promising from the number of "interested" buyer replies, Scott came up with a plan and made plans for this GB to happen. So,if we can't come up with 10 serious buyers, I will cancel it. I would rather cancel it than having to leave him hanging and embarass ourselves.
So, let me know what YOU all want to do.
Fariz

HuGo
02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
not to bash on your thread but i still wonder how i got my GB to work. I see a lot of group buy that dont go through. Like theres always the CF hood GB, and other stuff and now this one and its hard to go through and most of the time its like less than $500. I dont know how i managed to get my GB to work when it was a $3,000 thing. I got 80% saved to getting the software for my car. Im still debating whether to do with NickG or custom. Anyway, still weezer, good luck man.

kelso
02-05-2007, 02:27 AM
pm'd info, im in as well

ipswich318ti
02-05-2007, 03:06 AM
same with me for the magnex exhaust gb all i needed was 5 names and couldnt get that off this forum

good luck with it tho would have had one myself but will be far to expensive with shipping to the uk

marko
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
hey weezer... it seems we may have 4-5 def's, right now. I suggest we cut our loses & call Scott to see if he'll give the 4-5 of us at least a partial disc./deal, so we can get this over with! my humble opinion, the longer it goes, the better chance of FAILING it has (defeatist attitiude, I know, but whatever :smile:)...

As soon as I post pictures, I will wait until the end of February to either go ahead or cancel the group buy. I will need at least 10 buyers for Scott to make it happen, as the price of steel has gone up by 20% at the beginning of this year.
What Chris is selling at Understeer are exhausts he stocked/purchased and hasn't sold/moved. The Retail price that Scott originally gave me was $539.00 for a completely new exhaust. He was willing to flange the center part to make it into 2 pieces to make shipping and installation cheaper/easier.
So, after many discussions that seemed promising from the number of "interested" buyer replies, Scott came up with a plan and made plans for this GB to happen. So,if we can't come up with 10 serious buyers, I will cancel it. I would rather cancel it than having to leave him hanging and embarass ourselves.
So, let me know what YOU all want to do.
Fariz

weezer
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I will wait until the end of like I said in my previous response.
For 5 people, the partial price would be the same as buying one from understeer.com???? and not worth Scott's time. He does manufacture "other" exhausts for other cars, such as Porsche, WRX, Nissan Z 350, VW GTI, etc.
This group buy is like a favor to us.
I've spoken with Scott and promised him until the end of this month.

kelso
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
pm all the people who showed interest before and ask them whats up, cause i know i dont check this site as much as I should and pm's send email notifications when you receive them so it gets their attention more

weezer
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
pm all the people who showed interest before and ask them whats up, cause i know i dont check this site as much as I should and pm's send email notifications when you receive them so it gets their attention more

DONE!....:biggrin:

kelso
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
hopefully that will respark some interest here! i really would like to do this while theyre cheap!

weezer
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
NO! WHILE HE STILL MAKES THEM.....:wink:
I basically asked him if he could start making them again for this group buy.
That is why he wanted at least 10 buyers to make it worthwhile for his factory workers to start making them AGAIN.......:frown:

ChItalian1027
02-05-2007, 11:56 PM
weezer i'm 50% interested!! question how big is the exhaust b/c on understeer.com it says the exhaust is 83mm is that true? thanks!

ipswich318ti
02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
is this the system ur getting

http://www.understeer.com/images/318ti/318ti-12.jpg

ipswich318ti
02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
http://www.understeer.com/videos/318ti-launch.mpg

weezer
02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Yes!! However, Scott has redesigned it so one can install a resonator, if he/she chooses down the road, if it's too loud.
More pics this week.
Thanks

weezer
02-06-2007, 12:15 AM
weezer i'm 50% interested!! question how big is the exhaust b/c on understeer.com it says the exhaust is 83mm is that true? thanks!

3.15" piping. Stock is 2.5".

ipswich318ti
02-06-2007, 10:27 AM
oh and for the people interested u have to watch that video its superb

Philly
02-07-2007, 05:41 AM
any news on this?

weezer
02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
any news on this?

We have 7, 3 more. I spoke with Scott again yesterday afternoon about pictures and told him about our progress. He said that the end of the month sounds good, since we are nearing mid month and February is a short month. Besides, he has plenty of "other" projects that are pre-occupying him. Scott also said that 7 is still a good number, but prefer 10 and willing to wait.So i think 1 or 2 more should do it , sounds like.

HuGo
02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
this exhaust kit is 3inch piping all the way to the back?? By any chance can you get an under car pic of the exhaust put in? Damn, now im thinking about it.....

weezer
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
this exhaust kit is 3inch piping all the way to the back?? By any chance can you get an under car pic of the exhaust put in? Damn, now im thinking about it.....

Hugo,
Scot said he will forward me some pics some time today and as soon as I get them, I will post. The one he is constructing for the GB will be in 2 pieces connected by flanges. He said this way, shipping will be much cheaper (shorter box) and down the road, if the exhaust is too loud, a resonator will be possible to add on. There are some pics on Understeer of other E36 exhausts from underneath. Yours, if I'm not mistake is a Bosal/Brospeed, the rear CAN is round.
Stromung makes "other" private label exhausts, including Porsche, Subaru WRXs and 350Zs, Maxima custom Turbo headers, etc. The 318ti exhaust has been shelved until I asked him about it and the possible group buy. So, you have time until the end of February.
Thanks for the interest; hopefully you decide to join also.

HuGo
02-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Well im big time debating right now. I dont know if i should buy...

LSD
New Paint Job
Stromung Exhaust
10psi pulley + Stg 3 Software

They should make a 5" piping :biggrin:

greenbeanti
02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm in 100% Weezer pm'd contact info

Philly
02-08-2007, 07:38 PM
so thats 8 gaurntee's right???
whos on your list weezer? post them up and get another confirmation unless you havn't by PM's already.

weezer
02-08-2007, 07:48 PM
We have nine (9) on my list. I will call Scot this afternoon and submit the list also. I will keep the GB open until the end of the month for more interested buyer(s) and close it after the 28th. I am still waiting for the pics he promised me, I will also mention that to him.
When calling, please remember that they are in California, so call accordingly with the time zones.
You can start calling with your credit card numbers tomorrow, Friday, to:
714/596 2237. I'm not sure if the list will be with Scot or his assistant, because typically he is not available until after 1PM Pacific Time. If, I send it right now, let's assume he won't recover his email until later this evening.
So, interested buyers who haven't PM-ed me with their info, you have until Feb.28th.
Thanks again for all your interest.

weezer
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
MARKO
FRANK02
RWD_KING
KELSO
BAM2002
BIKER32
GO_FAST
GREENBEANTI
WEEZER (last delivery)

It's still open, but I'm submitting these names.
I will take on more names until Feb 28th and will still volunteer for last delivery.
Thanks again, everyone.

kelso
02-09-2007, 02:46 AM
SWEET! i was gettin scared for a minute...

weezer
02-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I sent the list yesterday and spoke with Scott.
I mentioned that the list is in order of who has waited the longest/first to give info and that will be the order of shipping; I on the other hand willbe last, to make sure everyone gets their systems and Scot gets his end of the deal. So, start calling the with Credit Card info and the person taking the call will mark off your name and hopefully be able to quote you shipping estimates. For those of you in the west coast, you are very lucky as shipping cost will be very cheap.
Thanks again, guys.

Philly
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM
question : even though we didn't quite reach 10.. we still are paying $400 right?

weezer
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
question : even though we didn't quite reach 10.. we still are paying $400 right?

Yes we are.......:biggrin:
I spoke with Scot on the progress and he said to give him the list to start with and that 9 was better than he expected. SO, he was probably thinking that we were not going to come through with the plan and expected somewhere around 5-6. Good for us.

weezer
02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Scot called late Friday and mentioned that people have started calling......great!!........:biggrin:
He also mentioned that one of those callers have a DASC and he is actually going to fabricate a custom exhaust specially for him.
SO........for those of you out there with DASCs in their cars who do not have an upgraded exhaust......now is the time for a great deal on a "CUSTOM" made exhaust for a great price. When calling with your CC info, Scot will ask you what mods have been done to the car, apparently he will make one based on that info.
HUGO, DASCers........ now's the time. Remember, the GB is still open until the 28th.

Bam2002
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I was out traveling this week.Missed this part of the thread..
I will call him Mon with card info.. thanks

Philly
02-10-2007, 05:17 PM
man oh man, what a guy Scott is.. thats amazing for you DASCer guys.

Fariz, you should almost start another thread letting people know who arn't looking in here that Scott is doing this.. we may be able to get another 5-6 guys easily.. and a smaller price ;)

if your talking to scott, you can mention to him that my info IS coming.. paycheck comes in 5 days!!

Philly
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
and also, this is the first batch of 2-piece systems right?

ChItalian1027
02-11-2007, 12:29 AM
i can't get an exhaust right know maybe in summer time might just have to get it from understeer dang!

kelso
02-11-2007, 01:31 AM
damn thats cool as hell thats hes doing a custom setup for the DASC guys
does anybody know how much, if any, this exhaust system will give on a dyno? i dont expect it to provide big gains at all just wondering if it does. i tried to call scott yesterday and today but it was too late i think so ill try monday

weezer
02-11-2007, 03:54 AM
man oh man, what a guy Scott is.. thats amazing for you DASCer guys.

Fariz, you should almost start another thread letting people know who arn't looking in here that Scott is doing this.. we may be able to get another 5-6 guys easily.. and a smaller price ;)

if your talking to scott, you can mention to him that my info IS coming.. paycheck comes in 5 days!!

No worries......he's taking it as the info comes in.

weezer
02-11-2007, 03:58 AM
and also, this is the first batch of 2-piece systems right?

The 2 exhausts in stock will go out first. Unfortunately to whoever gave the information first.

HuGo
02-11-2007, 07:30 AM
well i still want to know what major difference my exhaust and this one will do? So hes customizing ehh, is it guaranteeing 10 extra horses since its a FI car? How far back do this exhaust go, does it start from the headers? Like i said, i really want to see an undercar pic. Hey im getting like over 2gs off free money so maybe ill go for it.

HuGo
02-11-2007, 07:36 AM
oh and also, is this something i can put on myself? I dont really understand how this is a custom job being that we all still have the same looking car from underneath? I forgot but, its 3 inch tubing right? One or two way pipe? Thanks.

weezer
02-11-2007, 02:34 PM
oh and also, is this something i can put on myself? I dont really understand how this is a custom job being that we all still have the same looking car from underneath? I forgot but, its 3 inch tubing right? One or two way pipe? Thanks.

Why don't you just call the number and ask Scot himself.
Just so you know, bigger diameter exhaust, doesn't necessarily mean better. The engine needs back pressure, so a 5" piping exhaust (like you said) will give you less low to mid-range torque as well as power.
And yes, it is an exhaust that can be installed as a DIY job.

marko
02-11-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah, that would be me.. I spoke to him on friday and pretty much by accident it came out that me car has the DASC. Scott is actually a very cool cat.. he offered (for add. 60 bucks) to custom build an exhaust for my car, being that soon I'll have the stage 2 software & larger injectors. Therefore, the tubing for my car will be slightly larger than for NA cars. All in all I think its WELL worth 60 bucks! Also, he said that despite the fact he offers 2 piece exhaust (flange in the maiddle) to save on shipping (smaller box), he does however recomend the system stay a 1 piece (only about 15 extra bucks for shipping) - I'll prob go with that as well. Finally, he WILL INDEED try & do a TIP-less exhaust for me as I HATE the boy racer look!:tongue: So, I'm totally satisfied... the thing is gonna be awesome & dealing with Scott is a pleasure... Thanks Weezer! good deal, man!:biggrin:

Scot called late Friday and mentioned that people have started calling......great!!........:biggrin:
He also mentioned that one of those callers have a DASC and he is actually going to fabricate a custom exhaust specially for him.
SO........for those of you out there with DASCs in their cars who do not have an upgraded exhaust......now is the time for a great deal on a "CUSTOM" made exhaust for a great price. When calling with your CC info, Scot will ask you what mods have been done to the car, apparently he will make one based on that info.
HUGO, DASCers........ now's the time. Remember, the GB is still open until the 28th.

ChItalian1027
02-11-2007, 08:55 PM
hey weezer how many offers do you have so far??

marko
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
well, seems like my name was first on the list... but as I'm getting the 'custom' job, I'll probably have to wait a bit... no prob. still a 'win/win' for me.. anyway, Weezer, you should take my spot, for pulling the whole thing through... :wink:

The 2 exhausts in stock will go out first. Unfortunately to whoever gave the information first.

Frank02
02-12-2007, 12:20 AM
I also talked to Scott on Friday. I am going with his recomendation and pay the extra shipping for a one piece system.

HuGo
02-12-2007, 01:01 AM
so its 75 dollars more for someone with the dasc? ok now i dont know if i want to spend 500 dollars.

kelso
02-12-2007, 01:10 AM
no its 60 bucks if you want the bigger tubing which you odnt have to get if you dont want, your car will still run great with the 3 inch piping. the other 15 bucks is if you want it sent as a one piece system instead of 2. completely optional

HuGo
02-12-2007, 01:47 AM
He lives around O.C huh? How much did he tell you guys shipping is? I wanna see if i can either go pick it up, or get it shipped instead. I think ima go for it, f**k, i mean its free money anywayz right. But i tried sending him an email and i got a post thingy so it didnt get through. Anyone know his email?

kelso
02-12-2007, 01:55 AM
on understeers site they say you can go pick it up from his shop to save shipping

marko
02-12-2007, 01:58 PM
correct.. the slightly larger tubing will make bring out the very last 3-4 HP that the DASC-ed set up has the potential to produce. But, even if you dont get the 'extra tubing', you are still talking good gains vs. stock (according to Scott).
Anyway, I just thought it made sense to squeeze all I could from this thing, specially since it is a SS exhaust, so it'll probably last forever and therefore its worth doing it 'right' the first time around.

no its 60 bucks if you want the bigger tubing which you odnt have to get if you dont want, your car will still run great with the 3 inch piping. the other 15 bucks is if you want it sent as a one piece system instead of 2. completely optional

weezer
02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
hey weezer how many offers do you have so far??

We have nine (9) so far on the list and has been submitted to Scot.
I will close the GB on Feb.28.
Thanks

weezer
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
He lives around O.C huh? How much did he tell you guys shipping is? I wanna see if i can either go pick it up, or get it shipped instead. I think ima go for it, f**k, i mean its free money anywayz right. But i tried sending him an email and i got a post thingy so it didnt get through. Anyone know his email?

Like I said on my previous response, he doesn't check his emails regularly, because of manufacturing/quality control. So, call him on the phone number that I listed before: (714)596 2237 PST.
You should always read the whole thread. Or you could PM me with your info (no CC info) and I will submit it to Scot.

weezer
02-12-2007, 03:29 PM
well, seems like my name was first on the list... but as I'm getting the 'custom' job, I'll probably have to wait a bit... no prob. still a 'win/win' for me.. anyway, Weezer, you should take my spot, for pulling the whole thing through... :wink:

I volunteered to be last. I wanted to make sure that Scot gets all the exhaust out to ALL of the interested buyers, as I promised him. I'm hoping that everyone will come through with the orders, so I won't feel bad or embarrassed for not having enough buyers. So, there's a possibility that I won't receive mine until March some time......:frown:

marko
02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
100% paid up! my exhaust's in the works! :biggrin:

weezer
02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
When calling Stromung, you will be answered by Kelly who has the list and will take your Credit Card information. As Scot is busy most times before lunch, so if you have technical questions such as custom made exhausts for F.I. cars, sometimes you will have to wait to speak with Scot.
So far, only 2 have called with Credit Card info.
Thanks again for your cooperation.

kelso
02-12-2007, 09:46 PM
i have called today and gave them my info

Frank02
02-13-2007, 02:38 AM
I called today and I'm all paid up!

HuGo
02-13-2007, 07:38 AM
ive tried calling all day today and no one picked up. i dont think they want me to buy an exhaust :frown:

weezer
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
ive tried calling all day today and no one picked up. i dont think they want me to buy an exhaust :frown:

What time did you call? During business hours: 9-5 PST or your hours?
They don't have your name on the list either. Send me a PM and I'll submit your name in. Kelly said that she actually tried to call each name on the list.

Bam2002
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I also called yesterday, i was told they have The list and will be calling people, so it would be easier for them to just call every one rather then us call them. So I am waiting for a call back.

Philly
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Im good for the money in 2 days... although its going to rape my paycheck.. lol

weezer
02-13-2007, 09:46 PM
I also called yesterday, i was told they have The list and will be calling people, so it would be easier for them to just call every one rather then us call them. So I am waiting for a call back.

We should call them, nonetheless. I just spoke with both Scott and Kelly and they actually start leaving around 4:30 PST and stop taking calls around 5:00 PST. Scot told me to give out his cell phone if you can't get a hold of them during business hours. So far, only three (3) have called and provided Credit Card info, I know Rwd_king is waiting until later this week.
Scot's cell number is (714)501 2881.....but remember, it's Pacific Time for you guys in the East.

kelso
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
he isnt charging until the unit has shipped, which will be at the end of the month at best

HuGo
02-13-2007, 11:50 PM
What time did you call? During business hours: 9-5 PST or your hours?
They don't have your name on the list either. Send me a PM and I'll submit your name in. Kelly said that she actually tried to call each name on the list.

I was calling like every 20 minutes from 2pm to like 6pm.

Im still waiting to see pics though :cool: Does this exhaust eliminate the resonator and the cat?

Im still not sure if im interested to buy so thats why i cant be in the list right now, more than likely i think i will though.

AutoM3otives
02-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Its a catback, meaning it replaces everything from the cat back. Resonator gone, cat stays.

HuGo
02-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Its a catback, meaning it replaces everything from the cat back. Resonator gone, cat stays.

Im no mechanic specialist but, without the resonator do you or do you not pass smog?

AutoM3otives
02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Resonator is there just for noise purposes. Keep the cat and you're fine...

HuGo
02-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I just talked to scott and he said the piping isnt 3 inches. I think for you NA cars its 2 inches. He said if i went with the custom job (for the dasc'ers) itll be 2 in a quarter inches. He said if i went bigger to like 2.5 inches i can lose power. But then again i plan on going with the stage 3 from Nickg so i dont know if i should stick to the 2 and a quarter or go with the 2.5? Nickg only provides 17.5 more horsepower so you think i should just stick with the 2 and a quarter? Its gonna come out to like 485 to me.

weezer
02-14-2007, 12:53 AM
I just talked to scott and he said the piping isnt 3 inches. I think for you NA cars its 2 inches. He said if i went with the custom job (for the dasc'ers) itll be 2 in a quarter inches. He said if i went bigger to like 2.5 inches i can lose power. But then again i plan on going with the stage 3 from Nickg so i dont know if i should stick to the 2 and a quarter or go with the 2.5? Nickg only provides 17.5 more horsepower so you think i should just stick with the 2 and a quarter? Its gonna come out to like 485 to me.

It is the best cat-back system for 318tis in the market, but for me it is because it is time for me to replace mine, as I can already hear the raspberry (leak) effect on mine. Performance gains would be welcomed, but I would rather pay $400 for a better than OEM/stock. It's all about personal preferences when it comes to mods to one's car.
I learned a long time ago more horsepower doesn't make you faster....:wink:
In any case, Hugo, you're welcome to join the group. Make sure you make up your mind before Feb. 28, though.........:biggrin:
And you don't have to PM me, you can call them straight; I've already let Kelly know to expect your name.
Thanks again for the interest.

biker32
02-14-2007, 05:04 PM
did the cost go up again?? i havnt been on here in a while and i didnt feel like reading through the 8 pages of posts...???

weezer
02-14-2007, 05:24 PM
did the cost go up again?? i havnt been on here in a while and i didnt feel like reading through the 8 pages of posts...???

No, Scot is making custom exhausts for the DASC equipped cars here for an extra $60. The price is still $400 plus shipping, and if you're on the west coast, shipping cost is very cheap.
Thanks

weezer
02-15-2007, 09:27 PM
So far SIX (6) interested buyers have called in with their payment information. I've PMed the "others" who have not called in.
Those who are still on the fence, please do re-consider as this may be the last chance to get a great deal on an exhaust. I know that Scot is not planning on keeping the 318ti exhaust in his manufacturing cycle, meaning discontinued. I know Supersprint has discontinued the Racing Resonator(CAT-Delete), that means the rest of it is next.
SO, this is your chance.
Thanks again.

Philly
02-16-2007, 01:18 AM
is he available saturdays, fariz?
my payday got eff-d up, so no cash until tonight.. but i work all day tommorrow, so thats why i ask.

Philly
02-16-2007, 01:22 AM
sorry, just clued in PST was 4 hours behind my timezone...
so ill give a call when i get off work tommorrow.

weezer
02-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Just call in when you're ready. I just wanted to make sure that we all don't screw up a perhaps future opportunities with Scot.
So, call him Monday if you have to.
Thanks for trying.

Philly
02-16-2007, 03:51 AM
apparently he left a message on my phone.. have yet to listen to it..
ill be paid up tommorrow

ChItalian1027
02-16-2007, 07:24 AM
hey weezer i'm almost there to gettin the $$ for this but don't know yet... damn don't want to miss this for the world!!

HuGo
02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Ill PM you when the 9th person has paid, and when i see my Federal Check in my kitchen table.

weezer
02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Ill PM you when the 9th person has paid, and when i see my Federal Check in my kitchen table.

For those of you who are not on the list, you can call the number directly and just give Kelly, Scot's asst. your complete information:
Name:
Shipping/Billing Address:
Phone:
CC:
You don't have to PM me.
Just remember that Feb.28 is closing day.
Hugo, you don't have to wait for the 9th person.......just call anytime before the 28th if you're really interested.
The phone number is 714 596 2237

I will not be receiving my exhaust until everyone's paid-up and received their exhausts, I volunteered myself to be the last man standing to make sure that Scot will be satisfied with the outcome. So, keep me posted for those of you who are going to be receiving the first 2. Any complaints I will bring it up to Scot.
Thanks again.

ChItalian1027
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
For those of you who are not on the list, you can call the number directly and just give Kelly, Scot's asst. your complete information:
Name:
Shipping/Billing Address:
Phone:
CC:
You don't have to PM me.
Just remember that Feb.28 is closing day.

the people that aren't on the interested list just call scott and they'll put us on the list that they have?

Philly
02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I must have missed the post...? - Scot tells me we've reverted back to just the one piece systems for ease of installation?

either way, he's now got my all my info! :)

very, very nice fella but unfortunately he couldn't do anything to avoid the retarded border fee's when using UPS... very understandable of course, although he did ask if there was any other carrier that id like to send it by if it would save me some bucks and even said i could send it to my buddy thats in Maine for school right now to bring back for me...

Im very happy with the service! and i know ill be twice as happy with the qaulity, as i had stromung on my previous car!
i can't wait for my exhuast - wish i woulda been #1 or #2 :wink:

HuGo
02-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Well i havent gotten my taxes check but i did get one of the fafsa checks today so, ill make the call right now.

weezer
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Well i havent gotten my taxes check but i did get one of the fafsa checks today so, ill make the call right now.

CONGRATS and thank you. Scot will be happy with this group.
Maybe one day he will come up with a header that actually gives more power......:biggrin:
I already asked and he said that he is thinking about it.......?????
Let's all pray he finds a way......:biggrin:

HuGo
02-17-2007, 12:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA so im official :cool: Im only gonna pay like 8 bucks of shipping :tongue:

Who else got that special order?

ChItalian1027
02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
does this come w/ the catalytic converter and resonator? is it stain-less steel?? also do you have the website for stromung? thanks!!

318iS
02-17-2007, 12:54 AM
does this come w/ the catalytic converter and resonator? is it stain-less steel?? also do you have the website for stromung? thanks!!

as explaines already in this thread it is a cat-back exhaust... so it goes from the cat to the muffler.....

stromung to have a website but it doesnt have much info on it... have a look at http://www.understeer.com/ you'll get more info there.....

ChItalian1027
02-17-2007, 02:01 AM
so its just from the cat to muffler thought it would be longer from the headers are they open tomorrow?

318iS
02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
well if it went from the headers it would eliminate the cat which is illegal in most states and with a sport cat would be much more than 400dollars....

dont know if their open tomoro...

you can try the number is : (614) 327 9534

or email sales @ understeer.com

howerver you are better off calling scott at stromung direct he'll will give you better info cos he makes them and you'll getter better price if you get in on this group buy.... i think weezer posted the number here somewhere in this thread.....

ChItalian1027
02-17-2007, 05:32 AM
thanks dude i'm definetly gettin one just got the $$ so i can get one! so its the stock pipes to the cat then from the cat to the muffler ok cool! what i was thinkin was the entire system from the headers to the muffler including the cat and resornator

mohaughn
02-18-2007, 12:02 AM
I plan on giving Scott/stromung a call on Monday and getting myself on the list... It is a good deal and nothing else is happening with used exhausts, so I can't let this pass me up.

Anybody know what the shipping is to the east coast? It won't keep me from buying but I'm still curious.

Philly
02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
not much i would imagine.. its only $52 (give or take) for me all the way in nova scotia. and im as east as you can get.

oh and since it wasn't known until i called... no more 2 piece systems to save on shipping... general consensus was to keep the one piece for ease of installation i guess.

mohaughn
02-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I agree. If it was only 15$ and the two piece was going to cause problems I'd rather have a one piece system.

kelso
02-18-2007, 12:40 AM
i would have preferred the one piece anyhow, i mean if you save 15 bucks on shipping whoopty do, how much will you spend to have it welded together?

Philly
02-18-2007, 12:42 AM
you wouldn't have to weld it regardless (but if you did it would be cheap anyways)
it would have been 2 flanges that meet and bolted together, just as the flange at the end of the one-piece will mount to the flange on the cat..

but definitly, i would rather have the one piece anyways..
mind you i will be raped savagely at the border... lol

1996 328ti
02-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Recent posts having nothing to do with thread have been removed.

kelso
02-18-2007, 04:40 AM
you wouldn't have to weld it regardless (but if you did it would be cheap anyways)
it would have been 2 flanges that meet and bolted together, just as the flange at the end of the one-piece will mount to the flange on the cat..

but definitly, i would rather have the one piece anyways..
mind you i will be raped savagely at the border... lol

:drunk: i dunno wtf i was thinking before...
has anyone installed one of these that could give some input here? was it tough to install as a one piece? i wouldnt think it would be that hard

Vazquezp
02-18-2007, 05:03 AM
HEY i'm in if we can get a good price
i was looking forward to getting an exhast set-up
it would be sweet if we could possilby get it for 300-350 ...
so we would get ours' indiviually shipped out to us?

HuGo
02-18-2007, 05:13 AM
HEY i'm in if we can get a good price
i was looking forward to getting an exhast set-up
it would be sweet if we could possilby get it for 300-350 ...
so we would get ours' indiviually shipped out to us?

set price is 400. Some of us payed a little more. The only way youll get it for that price is if its used. It was 400 with 10 people, for like 350 i would guess it would be like 25 people? If even possible. Should of read the thread first buddy :wink:

mohaughn
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
:drunk: i dunno wtf i was thinking before...
has anyone installed one of these that could give some input here? was it tough to install as a one piece? i wouldnt think it would be that hard

It should just be two bolts, you may have to get new tensioner springs as other members have mentioned that those sometimes break. Then you have to remove 3 rubber exhaust hangers.

Remove the stock exhaust, put the new exhaust under the car. You will probably need to use some jack stands to hold it in place, or have a buddy help.

Put the two exhaust hangers on the rear part onto the new exhaust, put the two bolts back on to put it back onto the cat pipe, and then put your third hanger back on.... Should take no time at all... Sometimes the exhaust hangers are a pain in the butt, but they just push on/off. So a little elbow grease is all that's needed.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CG53&mospid=47505&btnr=18_0235&hg=18&fg=20&hl=11

I'd recommend getting:
2x 11761716668- compression springs
2x 18211247422- exhaust hangers
1x 18211105635- center exhaust hanger

On my car the exhaust bounces up and down and when on the track or doing auto-x it will swing back and forth pretty bad.. Causes some pretty unpleasant sounding banging. Putting on the new exhaust hangers will keep the exhaust in place and not allow it to bounce around.

The only other problem I could see you having is if the bolt has seized you may also need to replace it. This happened on my car so the bolts/nuts were just replaced when I had my subframe bushings replaced. 18301728074 is the bolt part #.

ChItalian1027
02-19-2007, 04:23 AM
i'm def calling tomorrow!! this is so exciting!!

mohaughn
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
OK.. I'm in. Kelly said Scott should be getting back to me within a week or two with the exact ship date of my system.

L84THSKY
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Buy the "Mini Cooper" exhaust hangars. I mounted the Stromung exhaust with new stock hangars, and they sat too low.

I'd recommend getting:
2x 11761716668- compression springs
2x 18211247422- exhaust hangers
1x 18211105635- center exhaust hanger

On my car the exhaust bounces up and down and when on the track or doing auto-x it will swing back and forth pretty bad.. Causes some pretty unpleasant sounding banging. Putting on the new exhaust hangers will keep the exhaust in place and not allow it to bounce around.

weezer
02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
That is good to know. It's a good idea to replace the hardware when replacing the exhaust system anyway. The compression spring is the part that bolts the cat flange to the cat back system correct?
Thanks.

ChItalian1027
02-19-2007, 11:51 PM
i just called i'm on the list very laid back and very nice service!!

HuGo
02-20-2007, 07:20 AM
I got my exhaust today :joy: :joy:

No I havent :no: :no: I hope its soon though :biggrin:

ChItalian1027
02-20-2007, 03:57 PM
damn ur lucky when did u call???

weezer
02-20-2007, 10:13 PM
So, I spoke with Scot and asked on behalf of Shaggy if he's (Scot) willing to include 318i/is cars in the group buy. He said okay, but it will cost $509.00, since it's not just an extra material but also an extra part: the resonator/pre-muffler.
So, before the close of this GB next week, I'm opening up the opportunity for the "other" brethrens 0f 318s in the mix.
Thanks again for all your interest.
Fariz

ChItalian1027
02-20-2007, 10:54 PM
cool

HuGo
02-20-2007, 11:03 PM
so how many people have officialy given CC info to scott?

Philly
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Is he waiting until the 28th before he starts shipping out the ones who have already paid?
Im getting antsy.. i want it NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mohaughn
02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
He has to manufacturer the units first... I was told that when they bill the credit card they will be calling with the exact cost including shipping and giving you the ship date. I'm also towards the bottom of the list. If you haven't been charged yet, it is still in the works. I don't expect mine to ship until atleast the end of the month if not later. If I get it sooner, bonus.

Weezer- How many people are in so far? Is Scott happy with the number of units being sold? Seems like maybe 9 or 10 people with CC information already given.

weezer
02-21-2007, 12:49 AM
When I spoke wih Scot today, He just got all the necessary materials for his factory workers to produce them. The 2 units in stock are already in boxes and ready 2 ship on Monday of next week. The next system to ship after that will be on Wednesday the 28th.
Thanks again.

Philly
02-21-2007, 03:45 AM
glad to hear :)
works out perfect for me $$ wise

weezer
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Weezer- How many people are in so far? Is Scott happy with the number of units being sold? Seems like maybe 9 or 10 people with CC information already given.[/QUOTE]

We have 11 including myself, so Scot is very happy with that outcome. He said to me yesterday that they have all the necessary materials to start producing, so basically, Scot will be halting some current production schedule and start producing the 318ti exhausts for this GB. That was why he asked me if there are more buyers now is the time to get in on the deal, while they are in this mode. I even have one guy in VA Beach wondering if Scot is able to fabricate one for his 325i engine swap for the Ti.........hear that swappers? Opportunity.....:eek:

ChItalian1027
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
man weezer thanks for setting this thing up dude!! i'm very happy know!!

weezer
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM
man weezer thanks for setting this thing up dude!! i'm very happy know!!

You're welcome......I reckon you've received yours then?
Let me know, thanks again.

ChItalian1027
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
no not yet maybe in like a couple of weeks still haven't gotten a call from scott

HuGo
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
i havent even gotten charged. Cant wait till my mom bitches at me :biggrin:

3DGE
02-22-2007, 09:25 PM
how much is he charging atm for teh exhust?

weezer
02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
how much is he charging atm for teh exhust?

What's ATM?
Scot is charging $400 plus shipping for this group buy. Normally $500.
The price on Understeer is for the systems that Chris bought awhile ago before the price of steel went up early this year. This GB will be closed on Feb.28th.
Thanks for the interest.

kelso
02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
atm= at the moment

HuGo
02-22-2007, 10:04 PM
LoL, i was about to say f*ck that, im gonna call and give my CC instead. I thought he was asking for ATM charges. Either way, he better not charge atm charges, in that case, ill pay with my CC, go to the bank the next day and pay for it, and avoid finance :biggrin:

HuGo
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Im happy i dont have a 6cyl right now....

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689435&page=2

ChItalian1027
02-24-2007, 05:37 AM
ouch that really sucks!!

3DGE
02-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Meh I would love a new muffler, marks sounded so nice...But I have other things to buy. DINAN CHIP :)

Vazquezp
02-26-2007, 05:46 AM
so the price is @ $400 + shipping?
how do i pay i've been away for a bit so i'm a lil late on the GB
and who do i pay>? or give cc info to>??

HuGo
02-26-2007, 07:44 AM

Your not to late. You have 2 days left. You need to contact scott (vendor/stromung) himself. Look through the thread andt heres a contact number to call.

ChItalian1027
02-27-2007, 05:14 AM
1(714)596-2237 you need to give who every picks up the phone ur mailing/billing address phone # and how ever you choose to pay

mohaughn
02-27-2007, 05:16 AM
I thought it was 400$ for the two piece system, and 415$ for the one piece. But Scott decided to only do the one piece. Or was the 15$ just a guess on how much extra shipping would be?

kelso
02-27-2007, 05:51 AM
the extra 15 was only a shipping guesstimate, has nothing to do with the actual price of the exhaust

weezer
02-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Actually, it was $415 for a 2 piece system, as it is more costlier to install flanges to connect the pieces. So it's $400 plus shipping.
Vazquezp, if you've read the whole thread, since I've already submitted the list to Scot; you can call the number (714)596 2237 and submit your info:
Name:
Billing/shipping address:
Phone:
Credit card:
To Kelly, Scot's assistant at Stromung. This GB will be closed at 8pm Eastern time tomorrow or 5pm Pacific time.
Thanks for your interest.

mohaughn
02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Oh.. Cool... I was expecting 415. Should be another week and people will have or be getting their systems...

weezer
02-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I spoke with Scot yesterday and he has started the manufacturing preparations for the exhaust. Unless some of you don't know, we've started a chain reaction at Bimmerforums, they're also organizing a GB for the 6 cylinder ones.
Anyway, prep work underway, that means assembly work can get started.
Scot said that it takes one staffer 20 minutes to actually assemble after all of the parts have been prepped.
This means that all exhausts with the exception of DASC-ers should be done by today, tomorrow and Thursday and shipped accordingly.
He's hoping that everyone should be receiving their exhausts by the beginning of next week.
We have about 1 day and a half before this closes, so those of you on the fence..........now is REALLY the time.
Thanks again everyone.

mohaughn
02-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah. He should be pretty happy with selling almost 30 exhaust systems and clearing out old stock at the same time. I haven't checked the number on the Bfc GB but they were shooting for 20 systems.

ChItalian1027
02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
cool!! glad i might get mine next week!! yes!!

Frank02
03-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Scott just called. My exhaust will ship today. $451.00 this includes shipping to New York. It should arrive by next Wed.

weezer
03-01-2007, 02:05 AM
I want to thank everyone who has participated in this group buy and made this a very successful venture.

HuGo
03-01-2007, 02:16 AM
cant wait till my mom starts to yell at me :biggrin:

Can you imagine how many times UPS is going to be coming to my house in the next 2 weeks? She usually receives everything for me cuz im not home in the morning. I dont know how shes going to carry the exhaust :confused: But yea, pretty soon ill be hearing her getting mad at me. This is whats coming. Exhaust, MAF, Pulley, and ECU.

I havent gotten called and i live closer to them than all of you.