PDA

View Full Version : DASC Help NEEDED!!

marko
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Jim from DA is gone for the weekend, so if anyone has a clue, this would be the time... (Dusten, I know you are out there! :))
JUST (finally!!!) FINISHED INSTALLING MY DASC, no more than 1/2 hour ago, & here is the tale... started the car up... 'check engine' light is ON but the car idles just fine (as if nothing is different)... I let it come to a normal operating temp., and then I took it for a spin... as soon as you 'steped on it' it started hesitating & 'buckling' but then when I eased up off the throthle, it behaved fine again (?!).
Ps- Temp gauge went into 'overheat' mode (3/4 to the right), but thats OK, since the car is missing 1/3 of the coolant, and as soon as add whatever it is missing, I guess it shoud be fine.

Therefore, the 'hesitation under load' would be the most pressing thing right now, so if it had happened to any of you 'blown' fellows, please tell me WTF?? LOL

marko
01-27-2007, 02:13 AM
never mind ya'll... I'm a dumb ass. HAHAHAHAHA!!! upon closer inspection, realized the last fuel injector connector was NOT plugged in, therefore the car was running on 3 cylinders! as soon as I plugged the thing inook it for a spin again, it started pulling LIKE MAD, with no hesitation at all.. the car is AN ANIMAL, and it sounds like something out of mad max LOL (!) got a feeling I'm gonna love this DASC experience :) ... some pics to follow later.

ps- as for the overheating thing.. just got to 'burp' the cooling system and it should be fine, I hear.

318iS
01-28-2007, 02:14 AM
the car was running on 3 cylinders!

hahaha four is bad enough man :biggrin:

so a big difference then with the dasc ?

marko
01-28-2007, 03:33 AM
well, now that the initial excitment has subsided a bit.... the coolant has been topped off (burped the system a few times)... & the check engine light has turned itself off (the whole 'unplugged' fuel injector bit)... the car feels GREAT! Ok, so it isn't earth shattering performance, but the 'pull' feels very nice (constant, steady, & looong - if that nakes sense at all)...
and all that with everything else very much so stock (except the K&N bullsh#t add on from the DASC kit)... In all, I'm much more inclined to blow more money on the car (& then hopefully I'll be ready to take on the twat little 17 year old d-bag who keeps wanting to race me with his brand new 06 GTI, from 2 houses down the street - :)).
anyway, in short, in feels nice enough that I feel I caught the 'tunning' bug all over again! & I'm happy I did it... think it is worth the 3K, especially if you can do it yourself & save money on labor!

hahaha four is bad enough man :biggrin:

so a big difference then with the dasc ?

318iS
01-28-2007, 03:39 AM
great

are you planning to dyno it ?

marko
01-28-2007, 08:29 PM
at some point, I guess... but first I need a new exhaust, larger injectors & the reprogramed ECU (nick G thing), then I should be set (and at some point down the road, an LSD I think).

great

are you planning to dyno it ?

uaza
01-29-2007, 05:37 AM
I wouldn't mind some photos :)

congrats on the DASC.

StealthBimmer
01-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Congrats on the new DASC! :smile: Can I come down and get a ride in it next time I am in town at NJ/NYC? Post some pics for us to see!

marko
01-29-2007, 02:09 PM
a couple of pics posted... it took a while ( 3+ weekends) - mostly because my buddy & I took our sweet time (+ braking plastic coolant pipes & such :)), but it is over now, & it seems to be driving quite NICE (knock on wood)!