PDA

View Full Version : DASC (installed) pics!

marko
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
well here it is... an (finally) installed DASC!
I understand it has a certain 'grassroots' aspect to it, I as I did not get a chance to 'tidy & clean' it up as I would have liked to (+ improvization in terms of certain hose type & placement) , but since it took so long to finally complete it, all I wanted to do is to get it on the road.

marko
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
one more...

marko
01-29-2007, 02:16 PM
dont know about anyone else, but for us, this seemed the only semi comfortable position for most of the work that had to be done.. LOL

Bluebimma
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
dont know about anyone else, but for us, this seemed the only semi comfortable position for most of the work that had to be done.. LOL

Ha, i used the same position when i did my engine swap and was too lazy to stand up to connect everything.

dabesteva
01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
well here it is... an (finally) installed DASC!
I understand it has a certain 'grassroots' aspect, I as I did not get a chance to 'tidy & clean' (+ improvization in terms of certain hose type & placement) it up as I would have liked to, but since it took so long to finally complete it, all I wanted to do is to get it on the road.

how much did it cost u ?

marko
01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
3K for the blower (X-mass gift from my fiance) + 1 mechanically inclined buddy + 15 bucks for a plastic coolant pipe I accidentally broke of + 15 bucks for some incidental hoses, clamps & zip ties + 19 bucks for a bottle of BMW coolant (which in my opinion is absurd) + 3 weekends of 'take my time' (slow pace) labor + about a case of Bud + 2.5 bottles of Jameson + one hole (punched) in the garage wall... :):)

going from 70 to 90 mph in about a second, this morning, on the way to work - PRICELESS! LOL :):)

how much did it cost u ?

marko
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
nice paint job dude... how much did THAT cost??

how much did it cost u ?

318iS
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
marko any chance of a picture from the front so i can see the proportion of the K&N cone ? ? ?

marko
01-30-2007, 03:41 PM
sure, I'll snap another tonight & I'll post it tomorow...

marko any chance of a picture from the front so i can see the proportion of the K&N cone ? ? ?

HigH RevZ
01-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Sweet, and you have an awesome fiance.

dabesteva
01-31-2007, 01:56 AM
nice paint job dude... how much did THAT cost??

thanx ,the cost was 4k for the paint job.
Did u upgrade anything else in the car when u installed the supercharger.Does really need any upgrade?
i heard some guys talking about replacing the tranny.

marko
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
here you go...

318iS
01-31-2007, 01:04 PM
wow i taught the cone would have been bigger.....

anyway i see you removed the bottom part of the air box... why ?

the bottom has a direct feed from the grilles to get in air....

did you make something different to get air to the filter ?

thanks for the pic ;)

marko
01-31-2007, 01:08 PM
check this out dude... in my humble opinion, a perfect example of what a 318ti should have done to it. I will, at my own financial pace, off course, try and do most of what she has done.

http://www.understeer.com/318ti.shtml

thanx ,the cost was 4k for the paint job.
Did u upgrade anything else in the car when u installed the supercharger.Does really need any upgrade?
i heard some guys talking about replacing the tranny.

marko
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
well, first of, the DASC install instructions did not say to keep any of the box (I also took the snorkel off - note the path of the newly supplied fat coolant hose - had to even cut off a corner piece of the fan shrowd), but mostly its because the bottom of the box will not fit any more (I think, though I must admit I did not even think of splitting it & keeping the bottom half) as the secondary air pump sits now (mounted on a newly supplied bracket) where the bottom half of the box was.

don't get me wrong though, I HATE THE K&N FILTER!! It looks so tacky! would have preffered to keep the box...

thanks for the pic ;)

318iS
01-31-2007, 01:33 PM
alrite so...

just taught it would have been better with a direct air feed...

the k&n looks ugly i wud have preffered a cone shaped one they look better.....

also is it loud ?

how loud is it a high rpms ?

marko
01-31-2007, 01:36 PM
hmm.. I stand corrected! see thread named 'DASC Preperation' (in INDUCTION section)...

I can't believe I actually forgot this, since I was the one who ACTUALLY ASKED THE QUESTION! LOL :) mind goes when you get old, dont it.. LOL

there is a photo provided by Dusten (who's probably the most knowledgable in terms of DASC stuff) which retains the factory box with the DASC.

I guess, I just did not have the patience to mess with it (and the desire lose the TC).. oh well :)

cheers..

thanks for the pic ;)

L84THSKY
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Can you take a picture very similar to this one, but more to the corner of the car. I want to see how the horn and Cruise control all fit with the DASC. I am adding C.C., but I need to relocate my horn, and add the bracket for C.C.

here you go...

DustenT
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Can you take a picture very similar to this one, but more to the corner of the car. I want to see how the horn and Cruise control all fit with the DASC. I am adding C.C., but I need to relocate my horn, and add the bracket for C.C.

You don't need to relocate the CC or the factory horn for the DASC to fit. The horns are both located under the headlights in the opening under the factory airbox (between the top of the brake duct and the botton of the factory airbox). You likely won't want to run your CAI with the DASC...

marko
01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
sure... I'll see what I can do.

marko
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
its not much louder, if any... however, it has an added supercharger 'wine' to it, when you step on it! pretty cool sh!t, I must admit... LOL

alrite so...

just taught it would have been better with a direct air feed...

the k&n looks ugly i wud have preffered a cone shaped one they look better.....

also is it loud ?

DustenT
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
also is it loud ?

I have a video showing what it sounds like inside and outside:
http://180customs.net/video/DASC-Video.wmv

L84THSKY
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
The DASC is a big maybe. But I still wanna see how it all fits, if I had my CAI, a DASC and C.C.

sure... I'll see what I can do.

318iS
01-31-2007, 08:00 PM

thanks dusten

just waitin for it do download....

i hope its not too loud im goin for the complete sleeper look when i get it done... not just to surprise people but also cos i cant insure a boosted m44...

cant open the file.... what program do i need to view it ?

marko
01-31-2007, 08:06 PM
no problem.. I'll snap one tonite.

by the way, whats CAI?
sorry, I'm slow today...

The DASC is a big maybe. But I still wanna see how it all fits, if I had my CAI, a DASC and C.C.

318iS
01-31-2007, 08:10 PM
probably cold air intake.... ???

marko
01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
speaking of 'sleeper' look... good luck trying to find an exhaust WITHOUT a, freaking, aftermarket TIP! LOL :) they got all kinds of crap out there - polished/chromed/black/upswept/downswept - EXCEPT for a simple low key NO TIP (just an end pipe) option! LOL :) WTF??
:biggrin:
thanks dusten

just waitin for it do download....

i hope its not too loud im goin for the complete sleeper look when i get it done... not just to surprise people but also cos i cant insure a boosted m44...

marko
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah, I'm really slow today! LOL :)

probably cold air intake.... ???

318iS
01-31-2007, 08:32 PM
ah im not too worried about the exhaust......

1 in 5 cars over here have loud exhausts so it means nothing....

*what do i need to open the file dusten posted*

marko
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
a player only.. it works fine on my end.

DustenT
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM

It should open in windows media player.

marko
02-01-2007, 12:45 AM
here u go, bro..

marko
02-01-2007, 12:47 AM
one more..

L84THSKY
02-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Have you tested your Cruise Control since installing the DASC? That Bowden cable has a S-curve to it. Was wondering if it still worked OK. Now I remember why I relocated my horn to where your Cruise Control is. My C.A.I and my Angel Eyes won't fit with the horn in the stock position.

here u go, bro..

95bimmerboy
02-01-2007, 07:12 AM
oh how I miss seeing that engine bay

318iS
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
It should open in windows media player.

should have tried the obvious :rolleyes:

will do when i get home....

marko
02-01-2007, 02:07 PM
this is going to sound ridiculous, I know, nonetheless.... I owned the car since summer of '01, putting about 83K on it & I can honestly say I have never turned on the C.C.

I can try it on the way home from work today and see if it works, but I wouldn't know the difference of 'before & after'. I'll let you know, though...

there is something about C.C., for which I never really cared for (specially on manual cars).

as for the throttle cable - it works just fine - no issues that I noticed so far.

Have you tested your Cruise Control since installing the DASC? That Bowden cable has a S-curve to it. Was wondering if it still worked OK. Now I remember why I relocated my horn to where your Cruise Control is. My C.A.I and my Angel Eyes won't fit with the horn in the stock position.

318iS
02-03-2007, 08:12 PM

good video... thanks....

funny when you were makin the video and hittin the high revs... your fuel was in the reserve :biggrin:

ChItalian1027
02-04-2007, 04:05 AM
You don't need to relocate the CC or the factory horn for the DASC to fit. The horns are both located under the headlights in the opening under the factory airbox (between the top of the brake duct and the botton of the factory airbox). You likely won't want to run your CAI with the DASC...

hey dusten how come you can't run a CAI w/ the dasc?

95bimmerboy
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
hey dusten how come you can't run a CAI w/ the dasc?

no room b/c of the headlight assembly

ChItalian1027
02-24-2007, 06:14 AM
no room b/c of the headlight assembly ok so thanks bimmerboy! i thought you could. so you should basically run a short ram intake w/ dasc or could you some how re-rout the CAI to the pass. side

95bimmerboy
02-24-2007, 08:42 AM
There might be a possibility but I would just run the short ram behind the headlight. The DASC is gonna give you plenty in the first place.

ChItalian1027
02-28-2007, 02:14 AM
There might be a possibility but I would just run the short ram behind the headlight. The DASC is gonna give you plenty in the first place.
ok thanks dude!! very big help for me if and when i do get a dasc

Philly
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
hey dusten, great vid.

Can you get a video of acceleration with the DASC? Im still debating whether Im going to boost it, or swap it.