PDA

View Full Version : chips..

oakley
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Before anyone says it yes iv searched the threads....and there all to advanced for wot i need to know! Basically its simply should i chip my engine? Its currently standard with no other mods..iv checked out www.superchips.co.uk seems reasonable..£294 fitted..11 hp increase. Is there any other mods i should maybe look at instead that may have better results? On the other threads obd1 and obd2 are mentioned...wot the hells that about!! Also chromeline-design have a chip for £80..wot is that for? I emailed him asking and never got a reply!
Sorry guys i know its a long post but anyhelp would be appreciated! If i dont ask i aint eva gonna learn!!:biggrin:
Oh an my engines M44 140bhp 1.9 yr2000

318iS
01-31-2007, 12:54 PM
your car cant be chipped... the ecu has to be remapped on post 1996 models....

also every mod works better with each other......

you dont have to spend much money....

for example a cat-back and an induction kit would increase what you get from the remap...

tsilis
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
your car cant be chipped... the ecu has to be remapped on post 1996 models....

for example a cat-back and an induction kit would increase what you get from the remap...

Dear friend,remapped ECU means Superchips at its site...
A friend of mine did the modification with Superchips, and claimed he was absolutely happy with the result,especially at the mid-top end revs..
He owned a Z3 with M44 (now 2.8...)

As for cat back and induction kit,I strongly doubt that you may have a pure gain of 11 HP´s without remapping..

318iS
01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
no i said you would get more from the remap if there was something else dont to the car like for example a induction kit and cat-back.....

oakley
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
so is it poss to get the remap done then add the cat back (and im gonna fog the box when it gets warmer) or is it best to do all that then get the remap or does it make no difference? Didint know if everything was adjusted for how ur car runs at the time of the remap and therefore adjustments after will affect the effect of the remap...make sense!!???

318iS
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
it does but very little as the cat back doesnt really do that much power wise that it would affect a map..... you can get cat-back done later.....

TheFlyingScotsman
02-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but if i got my ECU remapped, what kind of power would i gain and how much would it cost? (roughly)

I have a 1996 BMW 318 Ti Compact, Thanks.

318iS
02-12-2007, 01:21 AM
@theflyingscotsman

Before anyone says it yes iv searched the threads....and there all to advanced for wot i need to know! Basically its simply should i chip my engine? Its currently standard with no other mods..iv checked out www.superchips.co.uk seems reasonable..£294 fitted..11 hp increase. Is there any other mods i should maybe look at instead that may have better results? On the other threads obd1 and obd2 are mentioned...wot the hells that about!! Also chromeline-design have a chip for £80..wot is that for? I emailed him asking and never got a reply!
Sorry guys i know its a long post but anyhelp would be appreciated! If i dont ask i aint eva gonna learn!!:biggrin:
Oh an my engines M44 140bhp 1.9 yr2000

:wink: