PDA

View Full Version : Previous Posts

L84THSKY
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Steve

Is there any simple way to get to a list of my previos posts? I know if I can find one of them, I can click on my ID and choose "Posts by L84THSKY" or "Threads started by L84THSKY", but first I would have to find one of my posts. It would be easier if the menu item "Quicklinks/Miscellaneous/Previous Posts were added.

Thanks
Eric

DustenT
02-02-2007, 03:19 PM
In the Advanced Search, there is a spot to only search posts made by a certain member. Just put your name in there and search, all your posts will show up.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

L84THSKY
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Speaking of the Advanced Search, does this happen to you. I type in my ID, and at the end of typing the complete ID, my ID pops up to basically inform me that my ID is known previously. In other words, when I type "L84THSKY", then "L84THSKY" pops up below it. That's stupid, it should use advanced lookup to estimate the possible ID I'm typing based on the characters I already typed. So all I would have to do is type "L8" and "L84THSKY" pops up.

I still like the way you can search for previous posts by clicking on your ID from a message you posted.

In the Advanced Search, there is a spot to only search posts made by a certain member. Just put your name in there and search, all your posts will show up.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

DustenT
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Speaking of the Advanced Search, does this happen to you. I type in my ID, and at the end of typing the complete ID, my ID pops up to basically inform me that my ID is known previously. In other words, when I type "L84THSKY", then "L84THSKY" pops up below it. That's stupid, it should use advanced lookup to estimate the possible ID I'm typing based on the characters I already typed. So all I would have to do is type "L8" and "L84THSKY" pops up.

I still like the way you can search for previous posts by clicking on your ID from a message you posted.

Yep. Try typing L84, it will fill in the rest. Looks like it needs 3 characters before it will attempt to match a name.

zboot
02-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Actually, the advanced search does work correctly. However, it needs THREE characters before it starts popping up potential candidates. That's why typing "L8" doesn't do anything. If you type "L84" then you'll see it work. However, that sequence is unique to you. A better test of the feature is to type in "bwm" and see how many potential usernames pop-up.

oakley
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Isnt it easier for u to just hit quick links and go down to subscribed threads? That gives u a list of all ur threads or did u only wanna see all of the threads u actually started..?

L84THSKY
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Actually, I think you're right. I thought Subscribed Threads were ones that I get e-mails about when someone posts a comment. I hate that, and try to change the option not to receive e-mails about ANY thread. So I guess Subscribed Threads does the trick:biggrin:

Isnt it easier for u to just hit quick links and go down to subscribed threads? That gives u a list of all ur threads or did u only wanna see all of the threads u actually started..?

1996 328ti
02-02-2007, 07:51 PM
So I don't need to re-read this thread? :)

L84THSKY
02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Actually, the Quicklinks/Subscribed Threads lists thread I have posted on, but does not list them in chronological order by MY last posts. In other words, I wanted to see the most recent threads I posted on starting from top to bottom. :rolleyes:

So I don't need to re-read this thread? :)