PDA

View Full Version : New Tallahassee 318ti to be owner

zboot
02-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi,

Just moved to tallahassee this past november after pretty much completing school. I've got my BSEE and MSEE degrees. At that time, I started looking for a new car and was initially looking to get at VW GTI. I'd decided against a honda CRX for a few reasons - age of the cars, lack of ABS or airbags, cost to value ratio over (the anticipated) 4-5 years I'd own my first car.

The reason the 318ti wasn't on my list was because I'd never heard of it. Then one day, while looking through edmunds, I stumbled upon the ti and was hooked ever since. Friday afternoon, I'll be picking this guy up: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12677

I have almost no experience driving a manual but hopefully will be able to get a couple hours of practice in this week after work.

I can't wait to "officially" be a member of this club!

cooljess76
02-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Sweet car, Congrats! You're already a senior member and you don't even have a ti yet! That's too funny.:biggrin:

zboot
02-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah. . .that senior member thing is based on number of posts. . . I guess it points to me taking time to get to know a lot more about the car before I jump in.

zboot
02-10-2007, 05:18 PM
So,

I got the car yesterday afternoon. bmwhartgeM3 took ~20mins to tutor me on driving a manual (pretty much my first time). So far I've got 700 miles under my belt with 800 more to go before I get back to Tallahassee. It is so much more amazing in real life. I suppose having an actual car vs pictures will give that feeling.

I stalled out a couple times (more like 20+) but nothing too bad that I couldn't recover from. There was one time (on an incline) that it took me a few minutes to get moving again. . . but I think it was because I kept putting it in third.

Ji Money
02-11-2007, 06:55 AM
You'll get the hang of it! I'm just learning the stick shift too.