PDA

View Full Version : Lowering car

DFS318ti
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I was interested on lowereing my car. Is there anything i need to buy first or could i just take it to a shop and have it done? I was also thinking about buying bigger rims. Should i buy them first and put them on so i know how low i could go or could i put them on after i lowerer the car? Will it make a difference?

AlaskaBlue
02-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I was interested on lowereing my car. Is there anything i need to buy first or could i just take it to a shop and have it done? I was also thinking about buying bigger rims. Should i buy them first and put them on so i know how low i could go or could i put them on after i lowerer the car? Will it make a difference?

Well first you need to know what you want to use to lower your car. You can go with either springs and shocks or full coil-overs. There are a bunch of options out there that you need to look into depending on what you intend to do with the car.

Also you need to have a good idea what you mean by bigger rims. There are a lot of variables in rim size, width, offset, and tire size. Whether they will fit or not also depends on how much lower you want to go. You can make rims fit by fender rolling.