PDA

View Full Version : Dinan + DASC? Pic request for DASC intakes

96cali
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Can one use the Dinan Cold Air intake system with a DASC unit? I have both the Stage 1 software which seems incompatible with DASC and the CA intake. Would like to keep them AND add DASC power.

I have searched but cannot find any good pics of the DASC with a cone filter. TIA Phil

DustenT
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Can one use the Dinan Cold Air intake system with a DASC unit? I have both the Stage 1 software which seems incompatible with DASC and the CA intake. Would like to keep them AND add DASC power.

I have searched but cannot find any good pics of the DASC with a cone filter. TIA Phil

The software is NOT compatible, basically because it runs way too much timing advance for forced induction. The Dinan CAI will likely fit, although you might need to fab up something with silicon connectors. I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't recommend running a CAI with the DASC. If your filter gets damaged or falls off, you'll basically destroy that $3500 supercharger. It's best to play it safe. Sell the Dinan, the vultures on this site will snatch it up right away. :redface:

96cali
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the reply Dusten. I bought a very nice '99 ti last weekend that came with the software and CAI. They make a huge difference in smoothness and engine response. For now I will enjoy them as they are I guess. :smile: