PDA

View Full Version : PCA auto X this last wekend

Bam2002
03-13-2007, 03:39 AM
I took the 318ti out on Sunday. I have phase 1 done.. Meaning X and upper brace and R compound tires. It was really easy to drive, but talk about body lean.
I won the Fastest BMW.. against 2 e46M3s ,a e36 M3 lightweight, a e30 318ti, Z3 and M5.
I was pretty much a second faster than any of the other cars, One of the M3s had be beat by 4/100s of a second untill the 7th run.

I have a BMW Auto X on the 25th that I will go agaist the nicly prepped 318ti. SO I can see how as I add on things my time get closer to his.

I then will install the pss9 coil overs next month and I also have signed up for a drivers school at Sebring. After I see how it runs on the track I then will decide if I want more suspension ( sway bars.) or if its time do do engine work.

B

mohaughn
03-13-2007, 03:47 AM
Awesome. They do well on small technical courses. I still need to install my x-brace. I got the muffler on and installed. Still on street tires. So I expect to stay a few seconds back even on my best runs.

Also registered and planning on attending the next BMWCCA auto-x in Brooksville. Should be a good time again.

Which DE are you going to at Sebring? I'll be registering for the May PBOC one once they open it up. Although that might fall through due to a family trip that I might have to take. But I still want to do atleast two DE's before the end of July.

robcarync
03-13-2007, 09:09 AM
i was going to head out to a local auto cross last sunday, but no, i had to get in a tiny rear ender the first day of my spring break that crunched my nose panel, leaving my hood unable to be popped, meaning i cant pass tech inspection. grrrr first auto cross of the season too!

Bam2002
03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
PCA Suncoast reigon. is hosting the Sebring event on May 12th..
http://www.driverregistration.com/index.php

$198 for the day.. Three 30 min sessions. There are about 6 of us going from the BMW club.

mohaughn
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll have to start watching their events as well. The PBOC DE is the next weekend in May. The price has usually been around 310$ for two days.

Bam2002
03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Yes I want to try a PBOC event also, but the last one that other member went to was a bit oversold. From the videos I saw the track was very crowded. The PCA one has a limit on cars so its much more real track time.

See you in 2 weeks I guess? Hopefully we will have 4 Ti's out there for the 25th event.
B

mohaughn
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm guessing that the video is from winterfest? That event does get really crowded as I believe it is the first and one of the only races sanctioned by the BMWCCA club racing in the winter. So you get a lot of people that are going to the event from up north because there are no other events being held at that time of year. When I went in July of last year there were 8 other cars in my run group, and because we all varied greatly in speed we got pretty spaced out. They also don't allow novices in Winterfest and really stack the intermediate and advanced/solo groups.

I wasn't passing or being passed more than 3 or 4 times a lap. And I'm sure I did a few laps without having any other cars around.

Bam2002
03-15-2007, 04:15 AM
well once i get one done and see how it goes. RE tire wear, Im thinking about using street tires for the 1st 2 runs then going to R compounds.

I know its the best back for the buck RE seat time.. and Brake pads are nothing. But if its going to cost me another $400 in tires Ill stop using the R tires.

So I am looking forward to getting out there and driving.. Ill also have the coil overs installed by then..