PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Woes

watdawg
03-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Long story short; the ti had the same compressor and air conditioning components in it from 95 until last month when it went out. I replaced the compressor and dryer and it worked great until this past Sunday. The AC light comes on when I press it and no cold air blows. I am looking for a way to troubleshoot this problem. I do not want to pay another 400 or so to the mechanic if I can help it. Any comments or suggestions would be awesome.

marcus2116
03-20-2007, 12:13 AM
i have a 1995 ac compressor if you are interested(i actualy have the whole system). Let me know.

watdawg
03-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I just paid around 545 dollars for the one that I just put in there. So I am hoping to try to avoid going through all this again. Hopefully someone on here can help ask more questions and I try to see what I can fix if anything.

watdawg
03-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Update: Now when I turn just the fan on I hear a high pitch whining noise. Any ideas?

pdxmotorhead
03-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds like the gas pressure is low, if you had it repaired by a qualified shop there should be some kind of warrantee. Its not uncommon for the hoses to get tired and need replaced.

Dave

watdawg
03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Sounds like the gas pressure is low, if you had it repaired by a qualified shop there should be some kind of warrantee. Its not uncommon for the hoses to get tired and need replaced.

Dave
Where is this hose located? Is it something I can check? Thanks for the reply!!

watdawg
03-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Okay update:
Noise has disappeared and I went to have it looked at by a local mechanic. He states that the AC clutch and relay need to be replaced. I got an AC compressor from a member of 318ti.org which was from a 1.9L engine. The mechanic states that this might be why the relay is popping fuses and burning up the clutch. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Do I need to get a clutch that matches a compressor from a 1.9L engine or what? I am very lost in all of this.