PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic News!!!

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey guys,
I am so excited that I thought I might share some fantastic news with you all.

My wife and I had a 3D ultrasound yesterday evening and we are expecting a baby girl!!! Amazing! She's due the first week of August. Woo hoo!!!

Sorry. I will now try to contain myself...

Woo hoo!!!

DustenT
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey guys,
I am so excited that I thought I might share some fantastic news with you all.

My wife and I had a 3D ulstrasound yesterday evening and we are expecting a baby girl!!! Amazing! She's due the first week of August. Woo hoo!!!

Sorry. I will now try to contain myself...

Woo hoo!!!

Congratulations! Is this your first?

German Luger
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Congrats my man I have a one year old daughter born in Oct. You going to be a shotgun daddy thats peeps tell me

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys,
She will be our first. The anxiety is overwhelming now that we actually saw the 3D images of her. My friends all tell me that my life will be over as I know it, but I believe we will be turning a new page in a fresh chapter(sounds corny but what the heck). I'm having a baby girl. Woo hoo!!!

DustenT
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
My friends all tell me that my life will be over as I know it, but I believe we will be turning a new page in a fresh chapter(sounds corny but what the heck).

That's a good way to look at it. Your priorities will change, that's for sure. Instead of making a car better, you have the opportunity to build a person from scratch!

Tyler
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Congrats Philip….

I know you mentioned awhile back you were expecting a baby. So when are you buying that m5 or 7 series to haul the new baby around in?

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
That's a good way to look at it. Your priorities will change, that's for sure. Instead of making a car better, you have the opportunity to build a person from scratch!

Well said.

If my wife and I can be an ounce of the parent that our parents are we'll be on the right track.

mohaughn
03-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Congrats. I have a young one as well. Your life does change, but it is something that you will gladly change. Once you see your daughter you will not think of it as a negative change. At leasts I didn't see it as being negative.

And once they get a bit older you just do the same things you did before and take them with you. I guess I had stopped going out to clubs and bars and have been more of a homebody for the last couple of years. Even before my daughter was born.

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats Philip….

I know you mentioned awhile back you were expecting a baby. So when are you buying that m5 or 7 series to haul the new baby around in?

Thanks Tyler,

Actually,

We are looking at...

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Congrats. I have a young one as well. Your life does change, but it is something that you will gladly change. Once you see your daughter you will not think of it as a negative change. At leasts I didn't see it as being negative.

And once they get a bit older you just do the same things you did before and take them with you. I guess I had stopped going out to clubs and bars and have been more of a homebody for the last couple of years. Even before my daughter was born.

Thanks,
I actually welcome the change. It will push me to be less of a work-a-holic and concentarte more on my family. The great thing is that I'm already an insomniac :eek:

96cali
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Congratulations! I have a 3 yo daughter and I still remember the first ultrasound and practically falling out of my chair at the sight of how developed they are. I was not expecting that. :eek: I don't think I fully accepted fatherhood till I had to take care of her solo for 3 weeks after her first birthday. After that she was 100% daddy's girl. :biggrin:

And if you need a sporty child seat, especially after she grows a bit, check out Recaro brand child seats. I have one for my Sophie. Here's hopin' your wife has an easy pregnancy and delivery. How old are the 2 of you BTW?

German Luger
03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeh life will change for the good. I want to get a X5 but used ones still cost a grip. You can still go out and drift while baby is taking a nap

German Luger
03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
just have 05 altima for fam car for now

cosmos schwarz
03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
congrats!

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Congratulations! I have a 3 yo daughter and I still remember the first ultrasound and practically falling out of my chair at the sight of how developed they are. I was not expecting that. :eek: I don't think I fully accepted fatherhood till I had to take care of her solo for 3 weeks after her first birthday. After that she was 100% daddy's girl. :biggrin:

And if you need a sporty child seat, especially after she grows a bit, check out Recaro brand child seats. I have one for my Sophie. Here's hopin' your wife has an easy pregnancy and delivery. How old are the 2 of you BTW?

Thanks,

The 3D ultrasound was definitely a memorable experience. I think after seeing her images it finally sank in that I'm going to have a baby girl.

We already bought her car seat; Peg Perego Prima Viaggio SIP (side impact protection); looks like my racing seat with a 5-point harness. Actually, I was looking at the Recaro seats for later on when she out grows this seat. Which one do you have, how long have you had it and what do you think of it?

Btw, I'm 37 and my wife is 32.

Cheers,

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeh life will change for the good. I want to get a X5 but used ones still cost a grip. You can still go out and drift while baby is taking a nap

I'll definitely be hitting the track; Gotta get my fix...

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
just have 05 altima for fam car for now

We have a '02 325 now, but I think we'll need the extra room of a touring.

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
congrats!

Thanks Cosmos,

Cheers,

FATHER
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Congrats man, i want to be father too, my wife have 3 months, i think is the best situation in the live, congrats again!!!

StealthBimmer
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Congratulations to you Phil and your wife! Now I expect to see you and the new baby girl at the BAV show this year. :) Any name(s) picked out yet?

Good choice to stay in the BMW family!! ;) Still need to find time to come visit your country in Montreal... love that place!

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Congrats man, i want to be father too, my wife have 3 months, i think is the best situation in the live, congrats again!!!

Thank you and cograts to you as well. I take it your wife is 3 months pregnant. In two months you will be able to find out if it is a girl or boy. Do you want to know or leave it as a surprise?

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Congratulations to you Phil and your wife! Now I expect to see you and the new baby girl at the BAV show this year. :) Any name(s) picked out yet?

Good choice to stay in the BMW family!! ;) Still need to find time to come visit your country in Montreal... love that place!

Thank you very much.

I'm not sure if we will all be driving down this year. I will try to make it, but I'm not sure if I'll drive the H3 down.

We are still so excited that we haven't even stopped to think about names; all in due time.

Montreal is a blast of a city. I can't wait 'til this snow melts.

96cali
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
We already bought her car seat; Peg Perego Prima Viaggio SIP (side impact protection); looks like my racing seat with a 5-point harness. Actually, I was looking at the Recaro seats for later on when she out grows this seat. Which one do you have, how long have you had it and what do you think of it?

I bought a barely used, very simple black/silver booster seat by Recaro for $80 locally. Couldn't turn it down. Looks good but in truth I'd feel better if she had her own 4 or 5 pt harness on the seat. This is a true booster with no funny speakers in the headrests and such. Another top notch brand for her next seat is Britax. Lots of fun/funky covers (we have leopard for the Passat- woot!).

I was 35 when she was born, wife 37. The good news is your shoulders get a work out every day. I can cradle 35 lbs in my left arm for hours. :tongue:

HuGo
03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys,
She will be our first. The anxiety is overwhelming now that we actually saw the 3D images of her. My friends all tell me that my life will be over as I know it, but I believe we will be turning a new page in a fresh chapter(sounds corny but what the heck). I'm having a baby girl. Woo hoo!!!

So itll be your first with your wife? So how many kids you have other than with her? LoL just kidding. Your having a girl? Ouch!

Anyway, congrats. Itll be a while till i have a kid.

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I bought a barely used, very simple black/silver booster seat by Recaro for $80 locally. Couldn't turn it down. Looks good but in truth I'd feel better if she had her own 4 or 5 pt harness on the seat. This is a true booster with no funny speakers in the headrests and such. Another top notch brand for her next seat is Britax. Lots of fun/funky covers (we have leopard for the Passat- woot!).

I was 35 when she was born, wife 37. The good news is your shoulders get a work out every day. I can cradle 35 lbs in my left arm for hours. :tongue:

My nephew is outgrowing his infant seat so my Brother in-law is in the market for a child seat. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but since Recaro Canada is 15 minutes from the shop I figured I'd order two. I'm looking at this model:

http://www.recarochildseats.com/images/ebonySport_big.jpg

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 08:58 PM
So itll be your first with your wife? So how many kids you have other than with her? LoL just kidding. Your having a girl? Ouch!

Anyway, congrats. Itll be a while till i have a kid.

Thanks,

One girl! One wife!:wink:

robcarync
03-21-2007, 10:17 PM
man congratulations....but now the women will out number you in the house....you need to have a baby boy asap so it can be 2 on 2 in the gender battles!

H3_2.1-ti
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
man congratulations....but now the women will out number you in the house....you need to have a baby boy asap so it can be 2 on 2 in the gender battles!

Thanks,

You are absolutely right, but let's take it one step at a time...:yikes:

SDKmann
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Congrats! You keep talking about the ulrasound, do you know what brand the machine was?

brucetodd
03-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Congrats man thats awesome. My wife and I are going in for her end of first trimester appt. I'm hoping for a boy, but a girl would be great as well. I think I want to get my wife a new X5. She loves them, and I want to keep my babies safe. Congrats again.

318iS
03-22-2007, 12:41 AM
congratulations man :)

Mallard
03-22-2007, 01:49 AM
wehay! well done u guys:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Congrats! You keep talking about the ulrasound, do you know what brand the machine was?

Thank you.

The machine was made by GE.

Cheers,

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Congrats man thats awesome. My wife and I are going in for her end of first trimester appt. I'm hoping for a boy, but a girl would be great as well. I think I want to get my wife a new X5. She loves them, and I want to keep my babies safe. Congrats again.

Congrats to you and your wife as well. Awesome! I really didn't think of what I preferred sex-wise all I thought of was the baby's health. Boy or Girl I'm extremely happy never the less. I didn't sleep last night and I couldn't work all day. I think I posted more on this forum today than I posted all year. :biggrin:

Btw, the new X5 is beautiful.

Cheers,

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
congratulations man :)

Woo hoo!

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 02:10 AM
wehay! well done u guys:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Another big thanks!

Cheers:drunk:

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
I must say I am extremely overwhelmed with all the great wishes from all of you.

Truly, from my wife and I thank you all.

React
03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Congrats man. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Deckah/dance.gif I am very happy for you and your wife. Things will work out for you, so don't worry!! Also can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. http://www.318ti.org/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Congrats man. http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/Deckah/dance.gif I am very happy for you and your wife. Things will work out for you, so don't worry!! Also can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. http://www.318ti.org/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

Thank you very much.

FATHER
03-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you and cograts to you as well. I take it your wife is 3 months pregnant. In two months you will be able to find out if it is a girl or boy. Do you want to know or leave it as a surprise?

Well the doctor say is a boy but he say is early to that , in the next visit in april he want to confirm; i like a boy but my wife like a girl, we are planning one child for now so i know that God send the best choice to us....:smile:

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Well the doctor say is a boy but he say is early to that , in the next visit in april he want to confirm; i like a boy but my wife like a girl, we are planning one child for now so i know that God send the best choice to us....:smile:

Awesome! Best wishes to you and your wife.

SDKmann
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you.

The machine was made by GE.

Cheers,
Would have looked even better on a Siemens... Got a name for your kid yet?

H3_2.1-ti
03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Would have looked even better on a Siemens... Got a name for your kid yet?

I wouldn't be able to tell you, although the images were pretty awesome. I take it you work for Siemens?

Haven't thought about names yet; still getting over the surprise of it all...

SDKmann
03-23-2007, 12:27 AM
I wouldn't be able to tell you, although the images were pretty awesome. I take it you work for Siemens?

Haven't thought about names yet; still getting over the surprise of it all...
No my dad sells ultrasound for them, and Ive worked as a "model" for them (and when I say model I mean slab of meat for them to scan). You definitly should take a look at the audi A3, its pretty sweet. You should also think about nameing her something BMW or ti related, I think you would get supporter status for life.

vwt3
03-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Congrats on the new member of your family,after raising 3 daughters,the baby now 23,(other two 25 and 29) I know why I have no hair and lint in my pockets. One of the up side is you won't have to take them into the bath room, down side I had to wait like forever for four females to use the ladies room.:frown: I wouldn't trade a minute of it was the best 29 years. Also when they get to date you give the boy the hand shake of death :wink: Good luck and enjoy all's good.

vwt3 :biggrin:

German Luger
03-23-2007, 03:23 AM
LOL! I like that Hand Shake Of Death. I have a long way to go, my daughter is 1 and a half. If we all lived in the same area, we could have a convoy of 318ti's we he leaves the hospital with his new baby.

pnosker
03-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Awesome, both you and FATHER. You two should be proud that you can successfully procreate!

SDKmann
03-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Congrats on the new member of your family,after raising 3 daughters,the baby now 23,(other two 25 and 29) I know why I have no hair and lint in my pockets. One of the up side is you won't have to take them into the bath room, down side I had to wait like forever for four females to use the ladies room.:frown: I wouldn't trade a minute of it was the best 29 years. Also when they get to date you give the boy the hand shake of death :wink: Good luck and enjoy all's good.

You could always go with the ever popular cleaning your shotgun when he walks in. My turnabout dates dad did that to me once, I know him so it was pretty funny. Mabye thats just a Iowa thing though...

H3_2.1-ti
03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
No my dad sells ultrasound for them, and Ive worked as a "model" for them (and when I say model I mean slab of meat for them to scan). You definitly should take a look at the audi A3, its pretty sweet. You should also think about nameing her something BMW or ti related, I think you would get supporter status for life.

The A3 is nice but I don't like fwd and have no need for the quattro. Also, I need a bigger car, hence the 325 touring. As for names, how's Bavaria?:wink: I am joking!!!

H3_2.1-ti
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM

Thank you very much. I'm really looking forward to our new adventure. You must be one very patient man!

Btw, I've already shaved my head to avoid the falling out!!!!:shock:

H3_2.1-ti
03-23-2007, 01:56 PM
LOL! I like that Hand Shake Of Death. I have a long way to go, my daughter is 1 and a half. If we all lived in the same area, we could have a convoy of 318ti's we he leaves the hospital with his new baby.

I like that one as well. I can also introduce him to my 125lb Rottweiler named Schultz...:eek:

German Luger
03-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Yeh that's what I'm talking about!

FATHER
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi , the past saturday of may , we go to the 3d to view the boy, is amazing, the doc said is for october 2, the name of my son is Sebastian Danyll Carrasquillo Lozada, long.. right jejejej, i past hours and hours painting him romm in my new house

BleMW
05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
nice!!! looks like everything is coming along