PDA

View Full Version : REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING RESET?

stef
03-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi guys and girls.

I need to reset or re-calibrate my remote central locking on my 1999 e36
318ti.

It is the two-button version and according to the dealership I need to book it in to reset it because it's behind the dashboard.

Now, I'm quite a handy guy so if anyone knew where i could find a walkthrough on how to do this I'd be most appreciative if they could post a link to it here.

I have already had to repair the electric window fault (where the sliders break) and found the walkthrough on this site very helpful.

Thanks

Stef

autoxerwgn
04-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Initializing Transmitters:

Each remote transmitter has a unique identification (ID) code. In order for the replacement alarm module to recognize the transmitters, you must follow the procedures detailed below exactly , so that the module learns the ID code of each transmitter.

This code-learning (initialization) procedure must be followed precisely, within the sequence and time limits specified, for the procedure to be carried out successfully.

A. Preparation:

1. Close all doors, trunk, and hood.

2. The security system must be in the "disarmed" condition. The key must be removed from the ignition switch.

B. Entering Code-Learning Mode:

1. Open the trunk and leave it opened.

2. Open the driver's door and sit in the driver's seat.

3. Close the driver's door.

4. Cycle the ignition switch five times between the "OFF' position and position 2 (Ignition "ON"). The red LED will illuminate continuously, and the siren will "chirp" once, to indicate that the code-learning mode has been initiated.

Do not start the engine.

The ignition switch cycling in Step B4 must be performed within 10 seconds.

The sequence in Steps B1 through B4 must be performed within 45 seconds.

C. Register Codes:

1. Open the driver's door and remain seated in the driver's seat.

2. Close the driver's door.

3. Press and release any button on the remote that you want to register into the module. The status LED will shut off momentarily to indicate that one ID code has been registered.

4. Repeat Steps C1 through C3 to register any additional ID codes.

D. Exiting Code-Learning Mode:

1. Open the driver's door and exit the vehicle, leaving the door open.

2. Close the trunk.

3. Close the driver's door. The LED will turn off and the siren will "chirp" twice.

4. The initialization procedure is now completed. Test all remote transmitters to confirm operation.

markv
05-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Is there a master reset for the alarm/lock? We're having a problem with the alarm on my wife's '97. I went to unlock her car with the spare remote, and found it didn't work (remote battery seemed to be OK). I used the key instead, which set off the alarm -- no problem, just stuck the key in the ignition and turned it on to kill the siren.

Later, we found out that the other remote (one the wife normally uses) would no longer lock the car, causing the alarm to go off instead.

I followed the reset procedure, but found that it seems to now be stuck in "learn" mode. I can get it to register both remotes (LED blinks), but it won't go out of learn mode, so the LED is stuck on and the alarm won't work at all.

I may try disconnecting the battery to see if that will reset things, but thought I would see if anyone out there had any other ideas...

vsonix
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Just to clarify, can you associate any fob with your car once it has gone into code-learning mode? Mine didn't come with a fob (and I am assuming a '00 2000 m-sport edition ti should have come with one, right?)... so if I were to buy this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-1-3-5-SERIES-E36-E87-E90-E91-E60-E61-/320522983265?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa0a89761#ht_500wt_1182) for example, off ebay, would the procedure above be all I need to do to get it working with my car?