PDA

View Full Version : Couple things I am concerned about

datballa
03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Few things -

I really don't know squat about cars. My alarm has a feature where it will tell me the cars temp. Is 102 degrees faranheight normal?

The fan is always on! What might be the cause?

Also, SOMETIMES, not always, but when the car is hot, it could take a while for the engine to start. So i'll hold the key in the ignition and it wont start for about 5-7 seconds. Only when it is hot.

Oh and also, my A/C isn't working. It'll blow cold air when I first start it. Warm air on idle, and hot air on engine revs.

96cali
03-28-2007, 03:42 PM
It blows cool air on start up because the engine is cool. My guess is your heater control valve does not work ($85 part, 1.5 hours labor= around $200) Can you turn the HVAC temp control freely?

datballa
03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I can turn it to the blue side and the red side, and it stops at each point. Ok so heater control valve. What about the other things? I want to know so that I seem like I know what im talking about when I get to the mechanic :tongue:

jkilla71
03-28-2007, 04:33 PM
I don’t think you have the same problem but I had a similar problem with my fan when I shut the car off one day. The fan ran for about an hour before I pulled the connector off it. With the connector out the A/C wouldn’t work so I plugged it back in and the fan stayed on even when I shut the car off again. I switched the relay with another inside the fuse box and it all works fine. However it is possible that when I removed the battery cable it reset the computer and that could have been what fixed it too.

Few things -

I really don't know squat about cars. My alarm has a feature where it will tell me the cars temp. Is 102 degrees faranheight normal?

The fan is always on! What might be the cause?

Also, SOMETIMES, not always, but when the car is hot, it could take a while for the engine to start. So i'll hold the key in the ignition and it wont start for about 5-7 seconds. Only when it is hot.

Oh and also, my A/C isn't working. It'll blow cold air when I first start it. Warm air on idle, and hot air on engine revs.

datballa
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, I mean the fan does shut off when I shut the car off but the fan is ALWAYS on when the car is on.

96cali
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Sounds like you might need a thermostat and/or a radiator check out. Any competent mech should be able to diagnose the problem.

datballa
03-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Cool.. would that be the cause of the car being hard to start sometimes when it is hot?

96cali
03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
probably not but start with the cooling issue.

studyolic
03-29-2007, 06:42 AM
The starting issue could be do do with the fuel pressure regulator - just a guess. Heard about a similar thing with 5 series BMWs.