PDA

View Full Version : CEL EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS

weezer
04-03-2007, 03:42 PM
After I installed the Stromung exhaust, which installs right near the 2nd O2 sensor, I'm getting a check engine light a couple of times a week. Especially when driving on 2nd gear in town. I'm wondering if that particular sensor needs to be replaced or cleaned. Anyone ever encountered this?
Everytime I use the Peake tool, I get no codes, so I just reset it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Fariz

marko
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I had a CEL on when my CAT went.. also, when the secondary air pump started failing, when one plug popped out while I was driving, and finally when I forgot to plug in the last FI after installing the DASC (I.E. lost a cylinder on last 2 issues)..
anyway, all of the above when away on their own and never came back after the problem was corrected (CEL due to CAT issue was reset by my mechanic simply because I needed to pass insp. immediately, otherwise I'm sure it would have gone out by itself)..

so, if yours keeps coming back on I'd suspect you have an ongoing prob.. & since the only thing different these days is the exhaust, I guess you may want to start with the O2 sensors as they are inexpensive.. however, if its your CAT, good luck cause those sh!ts are like 1300 bucks (and no aftermarket ones work as they all trigger CELs)..

After I installed the Stromung exhaust, which installs right near the 2nd O2 sensor, I'm getting a check engine light a couple of times a week. Especially when driving on 2nd gear in town. I'm wondering if that particular sensor needs to be replaced or cleaned. Anyone ever encountered this?
Everytime I use the Peake tool, I get no codes, so I just reset it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Fariz

weezer
04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm hoping it's not the Cat either.
Just wondering if you get a code when using scanner?
I haven't been getting codes.
In any case, I will need to investigate further.....like I don't have enough projects waiting for my car:
1.Thermo/water pump/radiator upgrade.
2.Valve cover gasket replacement/valve cover painting
3.Brake bleeding
4.MZ3 short shifter

aceyx
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Try getting the codes read from the ODBII port instead of the diagnostic port. Might just be a weird glitch with the Peake.