PDA

View Full Version : HELP! ASC light ON & TRANY oil leak!

marko
04-11-2007, 11:36 PM
hello.. I changed the engine mounts on my car this weekend, I got a feeling I may have lifted the motor up a bit too much in order to get the mounts off.. seems I may have tweeked something by the trany as I have an obvoius OIL LEAK (see photo)...
Would anyone know exactly where it is coming from and further, is this something I should be worried about immediatelly, or do I still have some time (say, spring maybe :smile: )..

ALSO, my ASC light went on and stayed on, today.. goes out when I shut the car off, but as soon asI start it back up and drive around for about 5-10 min, IT COMES BACK ON. The ASC button will not shut it off..
I did a search pn this site & I came across an identical example where checking an ASC valve & cable was recomended.
I, however, am not sure which cable/valve this is, hence two additional photos..

sooo... if anyone has a clue on the severity of the pictured leak & ANY clues as to how to shut the ASC light on (point out the ASC valve / cable in order for me to inspect), this would be the time & it would be highly apreciated!

Ps - tha car has a DASC so some stuff has been relocated..

marko
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
so, no thoughts on either of these??:frown:

mohaughn
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
In the third and fourth pictures the unit on the right hand side, closest to the headlights is the cruise control. The unit closest to the shock is the ASC throttle control. My car does not have ASC but had cruise control, I only have the one closest to the headlights.

marko
04-12-2007, 03:50 PM
thx man..

In the third and fourth pictures the unit on the right hand side, closest to the headlights is the cruise control. The unit closest to the shock is the ASC throttle control. My car does not have ASC but had cruise control, I only have the one closest to the headlights.

weezer
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Try cleaning it off, so if it is a leak and not a spill from lifting, you will know.
My tranny is slightly "wet", and my mechanic tells me that it is typical of cars with high mileage.......don't know if this is true or not.
Good Luck

marko
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
yeah, thats next! I'll get new trany mounts - then clean up the whole thing as I'm replacing them...

anyway, I'm much more worried as to why my ASC light is on?? hope it is not related, as I do not see anything wrong with the valve/cables.

Try cleaning it off, so if it is a leak and not a spill from lifting, you will know.
My tranny is slightly "wet", and my mechanic tells me that it is typical of cars with high mileage.......don't know if this is true or not.
Good Luck

weezer
04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah, thats next! I'll get new trany mounts - then clean up the whole thing as I'm replacing them...

anyway, I'm much more worried as to why my ASC light is on?? hope it is not related, as I do not see anything wrong with the valve/cables.

The Throttle and ASC cables are adjustable.....the ASC cable is to the left of the Throttle cable.....in your case (DASC) is the first one (right). Try moving it back (lengthening) and see what happens, and try the same thing on the opposite way. If that does not work, there is a vacuum hose attached to the intake plenum not too far from the throttle body, check if it's been disconnected. Check all of the connections to the ASC control unit, the fuse box, etc.
Good Luck.
Fariz

angel318ti
04-23-2007, 08:55 AM
maybe whel you lifted the engine you put too much stress on the transmission output seal.

marko
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah, thats what I'm thinking, but my buddy assures me drive trains have been designed with a certain amount of flexibility..

I'll replace my trans mounts & clean it all of next weeknd & see what happens..

maybe whel you lifted the engine you put too much stress on the transmission output seal.