PDA

View Full Version : Remus install on 1995

cossieturbo
04-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Hey mates. Long time for me as I have been resettling in a different state. I miss the forum though.

I won a Remus exhaust off of E-bay and the bloke mentioned about an install kit for 1995 318ti's that Bavauto sells. I checked the part numbers on all of the factory bits from the CAT back and everything is the same from 1995 on up. So any idea why I need this kit and what it is? Thanks.

cossieturbo

pnosker
04-24-2007, 02:54 AM
It's probably just new hangar, bolts, and springs. I wouldn't worry about it.

Viper3812
04-24-2007, 05:14 AM
It's probably just new hangar, bolts, and springs. I wouldn't worry about it.

+1
It should be a direct bolt on.

Philly
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
i want a sound clip when you get this on!!
im not sure if ive ever heard a remus exhaust on a m42/44, i know they sound like sex on the 6's

BleMW
04-24-2007, 02:38 PM
i want a sound clip when you get this on!!
im not sure if ive ever heard a remus exhaust on a m42/44, i know they sound like sex on the 6's

:eek:

cossieturbo
06-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Sorry about the delay. Finally got the Remus installed. I did order the Bavauto kit (Did not need it so it's still in bags) and it is not really needed if all of your equipment is in good shape 1995 "ti" or otherwise. The install went ok, but it did not hang right as the tip was off by quite a bit. I adjusted it many times and found that if I disconnect the rear inner rubber hanger it sat perfectly. I just put the rubber hanger above the exhaust hanging arm (rather then sliding it on) and ran zip ties through the hole and then around the exhaust arm hanger to get the space I needed. It needed to be lowered on the right side. Perfect now.
The best thing about this exhaust is it makes the UUC Stage2 clutch kit do it's job properly. Now I can downshift and match revs with a single fast blip. It was not like that with the factory exhaust.
The sound is great!!! Not too loud. It sounds like some factory sport GT's on the market today. Has a light growl. Lets just say it will not wake the neighbors. If I can make a sound clip I will or maybe a video. Thanks mates for the input.

Cossieturbo