PDA

View Full Version : knock sensors ...need help

kelso
05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
ok my knock sensors are bad and i have 2 new ones ready to go in, and we think we see one of them but the other i have no clue where it is. anybody done these before or have a diagram atleast? were not positive if the intake manifold has to come off or not....and are they both on the right side(driver side) of the engine?

Bobbak
05-28-2008, 04:39 AM
im ressurecting this thread i need to change my knock sensors please someone send me pics or ANY info about where they are and the easyest way to access it

Bobbak
05-28-2008, 06:59 AM
bump

BimmerBum
05-28-2008, 07:56 AM
They are on the left side of the engine (right side as you look at it standing in front of the car). The upper intake plentum has to be removed as I recall.

bmwgeoff
05-29-2008, 01:35 AM
you could try reaching them from the bottom but it would be tuff. plus they have to be torqued to spec. i can get the spec for you tomorrow. It is very critical they be torqued or they will set codes or not properly ajust timing. that is there main purpose to retard or advance timing if they detect a knock. and of course mechincal knocking like a bad rod or something. and they are on the left side of the engine. they bolt to the block with one bolt and they are about the size of a quarter(if i can remember) and one will be towards the front halfway between the oil pan and the head and the other topwards the rear halfway between the head and oil pan. good luck

hatchgrafix
05-29-2008, 09:02 AM
They are on the left side of the engine (right side as you look at it standing in front of the car). The upper intake plentum has to be removed as I recall.

Hey ED... could you help me find my X-Brace?