PDA

View Full Version : Jump when changing gear

krovax
05-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi all for about the past week my car has started being a pain when i change from 1st to 2nd gear it jumps for a second but then it is ok its really bugging me as its a big jump and you can even hear it in the exhuast tone aswell :(

i had an performance exhaust fitted about a month ago and all was fine car was smooh but now i got this prob im wondering if any thing could have gone wrong in the exhuast

im worrying incase its gonna be a big prob :(

would be greatfull for any help thanks

Mallard
05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
check out the connections around the lambda probe.

the jump may be to a hesitant signal

or may be your ICV (idle control valve) which is allowing the idle to drop too low on change and causing the jump.

it may be something as dumb as the differential bush thats worn out and is causing a wierd tourque hop..

all just ideas though, hope they help ;)

krovax
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
checked the icv and cleaned it and lambda probe all ok but still have this problem if im doing a nice steady drive it doesnt do it but if im driving like us men do then the problem pops up soon and i put my foot back on the accl pedal when changing gear it hesitates then picks up n gos . but if im flooring it through gear changes it doesnt do it so bad so im stuck havent got a clue what it is

some times feels like it wants to stall aswell and first start up of every day idels rough

ptarditi
05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Any chance a slipping clutch? Trans mounts, Motor mounts?

cosmos schwarz
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
sounds to me like there's nothin wrong with the car. i think maybe your too used to the old sound that the car made when changing gear. try not to listen to the louder note your exhaust makes. the drop of revs between shifts seems longer with the new exhaust but it aint its just louder. so just ignore the noise, try shift a little quicker and you'll get the knack of it(in fact you'll be just trying to shift like you used to). but yeah, it is harder for the car to shift now there's less back pressure.

haroulis
05-28-2007, 06:00 PM
check rubber boot after air meter.