PDA

View Full Version : dasc kit install at shop

Zacki
05-14-2007, 04:46 AM
did any of you guys get your kits installed at a shop? if so how much did it cost?
as of now im not sure i want to diy, as for weather or not the shop will do it thats np cause my uncle owns a bmw Audi Porsche shop but he wont discount me. How many hours did they charge you for?

Den
05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
. . .my uncle owns a bmw Audi Porsche shop but he wont discount me.
'Uncle' used to mean something! It's your mom's or dad's brother, and he won't cut you a deal? WTF? Find another uncle.

cosmos schwarz
05-15-2007, 12:52 PM
uncle nobhead. diy!

mohaughn
05-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I think 5-8 hours is the standard time frame I have seen for a professional installation.

BleMW
05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
i think i read somewhere it's an estimated 10-12 for a diy-er and 5-6 for a professional install - which makes me think 350$ labor maybe? + parts?

StealthBimmer
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Just labor alone for a professional mechanic will be around $400-1000. Not a bad thing unless you can tackle the job yourself.

Zacki
05-16-2007, 06:05 AM
do you think i could get a discount on the kit if i asked for DA to ship it without the rrfpr

Den
05-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I contacted DASC, and they said $3,295 without the FPR. I think retail price is $3,395, so I guess it's worth $100 off.

Maybe Uncle Knobhead can hook you up afterall. I think I read that the group buy price on DASC's is the same as the discount that they give to shops. Maybe ask uncle if he can order it through his shop for you. Save ~$500. That + $100 for FPR delete is almost = your Nick G money.

Panzer_M
05-16-2007, 01:04 PM
8-10hrs.

70$(Estimate)hr

560-700$

or you can go to Sears, buy some tools and DiY, UnderSteer provides complete assist via phone, email, smoke signals on the DASC install when you buy from them.

and then you can take the 700$, buy something else for the car, put it in the Bank, Buy some steaks as a award for a job well done and maybe cash in 50 or 60 in singles and go to the titty bar. Always a good time there.

DustenT
05-16-2007, 01:34 PM
and maybe cash in 50 or 60 in singles and go to the titty bar. Always a good time there.

+1 for this idea. Make it rain at the nudie bar with you left over cash. Just remember, once it hits the stage it belongs to the ladies. :rockon:

Zacki
05-17-2007, 05:35 AM
i don't think I'm up to it. It took me like 6h to put angel eyes on my e36. He cant discount me cause its other mechanic that does the bmw's he only works on Porsche's now that they got more mechanics. anyways its 60$ an hour(for me). Idk, or he can order it through his shop and me and a friend could try to do it over a weekend. The only person from school that i know knows anything about cars built an mk2 vr6 from scratch so Maybe he would be willing to do it with me. OR if anyone on here from WA or OR that dasc'ed his car has a place we could put it in i would be willing to pay a couple hundred.

+1 for this idea. Make it rain at the nudie bar with you left over cash. Just remember, once it hits the stage it belongs to the ladies. :rockon:
-the 30$ for a fake id

Den
05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
You've got to become a man sometime, and there's no better way than installing you own forced induction system. It's not rocket surgery, just basic brain science.
As discussed in other threads, the DASC install is relatively simple compared to a motor swap. You don't need a garage. By the time you get the DASC, it will be June. You should be able to do it in a few sunny days in your driveway. Have your friend to help with the install if you uncle doesn't have time.
Get your uncle to order it or do a group buy so you can save $500. I think krovax may want in on a group buy too.